iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No trades for the Wild. Was hoping they would have found a taker for Gaborik. At least they resigned Backstrom which I feel is huge. Time for them to get rid of Lemaire I'm afraid to say.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terrible game. Price should get some seasoning in Hamilton of this keeps up. And Gainey's passiveness at the trade deadline is going to cost big time. That's if we make the playoffs.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
80's rocked, your team did pretty well at the trade deadline geting Derek Morris from Phoenix and Nik Antropov from Toronto.

Good on paper, we'll see what happens tonight. Both are in the line-up as well as Avery.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so how is that trade to Calgary working out for the Flames and Jokinen? After one period in his first game wearing the new sweater Jokinen has two goals and the Flames lead the Flyers 4-0. The Flames are becoming a very scary team out West.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iginla has waited for years to play with someone like Jokinen. If Dion Phaneuf could pick up his play and Kiprosoff is light out, they could be dangerous.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everytime I watch a game...I want to break something!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Been a long season for the Avalanche that's for sure
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It fills me with an untold rage to watch them play.
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Not counting last nights comeback victory over the Sharks my Wild are falling more and more towards disappointing.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Count me in that mix too, shutout by Atlanta? You gotta be kidding. I could see not making the playoffs in the 100th year. Might be time for Gainey and Carbo to step aside. As for the Avs, breaks my heart to see a once proud franchise floundering like that. Surprised no one tried to trade for Smyth or Laperriere at the deadline.
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great game last night we won 5-2 and connelly scored 2 goals!! so he is earning his millions as we signed him up for 2 more years this week. tonight we play ottawa!! go sabres!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
terrible game last night every time we scored a goal ottawa did in less then a minute!!! until the end when they really kicked our butts!! i believe the score was 6-2 arggggg!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Big win for 80'sRocked today, Rangers over Bruins. Those Eastern standings are TIGHT. Montreal has to win tonight. How about those high scoring games last night? Carolina and Coumbus putting on a beat down.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watching Penguins vs Capitals game.
Good old Bill Guerin is on fire!

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The old warhorse came through, wish we got him at the deadline.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Big win for 80'sRocked today, Rangers over Bruins.

I was at The Garden today for this gem. Wow what a big two points! We almost blew it again in the third, but the King came through again with some brilliant saves. I must say....it is so enjoyable watching hockey being played like this, Tortorella's run and gun first style....attack!!! Play defensively a bit more later on with the lead, but until then....attack!!! Awesome wide open hockey every game since he became the coach here and I love it(win or lose). It was great beating the almighty Bruins. I was just praying for one point going in....what a steal of two.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Habs fire Carbonneau as head coach and Gainey goes behind the bench. Could prove to be a great move for Montreal as Gainey has had success as a coach in the past.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Kind of a shock after a 3-1 win in Dallas, I guess Gainey spent the weekend in Hamilton evaluating the talent and checking out coach Don Lever who will be on board with Gainey. The phone was ringing all night when the news hit around supper time. Kind of feel bad, Carbo's firing masked a lot of Gainey's gaffes. I still predict Carbo will be leading the Dallas Stars to the Western conference finals in a few years. The coaching job in Montreal is one of the toughest assignments in sports.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
philadelphia kicked our butts last night 6-2 terrible !! don't look good at all for the play-offs for us this year!!!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
We were lucky to beat the Oilers 4-3 last night on OT(Sorry Kevdug). We play good in the first period, then fold in the second, still the inconsistency even with Gainey behind the bench. We play Islanders and Devils this week. Brodeur could potentially break Roy's win record on Saturday night against us. Anyone notice there is no easy 2 points anymore in the league? Teams like Islanders, Atlanta, and St. Louis seem to be upsetting much better teams of late. And Boston is really dropping a lot of games lately.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Huge 2 points on the road tonight for the Rangers. Zherdev was in the doghouse. Torts had him on the bench for nearly the entire second and third periods. Should wake him up though. Things are still tight as ever in the standings. Buffalo wins, Montreal gets a point as well as Pittsburgh. Philly and Carolina lose though which helps. Going to the wire..... Oh, sorry xchazx, I guess I should mention that the Devils won yet again.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
yeah we won last night against the panthers 3-1 now we are in 8th place for the play-offs vanek scored the third goal it was his 34th of the season!! we play the atlanta thrashers tomorrow night!
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Huge 2 points on the road tonight for the Rangers. Zherdev was in the doghouse. Torts had him on the bench for nearly the entire second and third periods. Should wake him up though. Things are still tight as ever in the standings. Buffalo wins, Montreal gets a point as well as Pittsburgh. Philly and Carolina lose though which helps. Going to the wire..... Oh, sorry xchazx, I guess I should mention that the Devils won yet again.

it happens so often you don't have to keep mentioning it [Cool]

only 4 or 5 pts seperates 4th from 9th place in the east so things are tight. i think philthy has some games in hand though.

rip, what's monty hall saying about broduer and the chance of tying the all time wins record there? except for the nightmare out on the island, he's been good since coming back.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
X-man, there is a good chance that Brodeur will tie the record tomorrow night at the Bell Centre. Also speculation that Patrick Roy will be in attendance. It would be fitting seeing as Marty's father worked for the Habs and all. What's up with the Islanders? Don't they want John Tavares? Sure not playing like it. Doing better since they parted Comrie and Guerin, they beat us in OT last night 3-2. If it wasn't for Price it would have been 6-2. Don't think getting rid of Carbo will make any difference, too many passengers, not enough generals.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Huge win for the Blueshirts at The Garden today after the embarrassment yesterday in the home and home vs. Philly. The game of musical chairs continues in the standings.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home