iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A trade today with Ducks and Pens with Chris Kunitz going to to Pittsburgh for Ryan Whitney. Not a bad move for both of the teams.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well lalime was reported as having flu like symptoms yesterday? go figure after the crappy game the night before now they said ryan is out indefintely and they called down the 20 year old youngster for the game tonight! important game for the play off standings hope we can win it?? dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight was a classic example of Marty being Marty. In Martin Brodeur's return to action after being out approximately four months he pitches a shutout. The Devils right now are a very scary team to be facing.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well lalime played last night fast recovery from the flu? but we lost in the shoot out 2-1 not good for our playoff standings!!! [Confused] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These third periods are killing us! The playoffs will soon be in the rearview mirror the way this is going. Anyone wanna buy my tickets for Sat. night's game?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
What's this I'm hearing about Scott Clemenson being sent down to the minors? Why wouldn't Kevin Weekes be the one?

if the devils sent weekes down he would had to have cleared waivers and probably would have been claimed. clemmenson was an emergency call up and was not subjected to waivers. i have a feeling clemmer or weekes will get traded for some picks and whoever is left can watch marty the rest of the year.

sam, marty pitching the shutout his first game back was great to see, but i will have to admit he wasn't really tested much. either the devils defense played extremely well, or COL really isn't that good or just didn't seem to care last night. they looked listless the whole game. either way, i think it was a good game for marty to come back to since he had some work but wasn't asked to save the game for the devils. i still think the devils are going to make a move for a d-man, but it will be a small move.

and parise's goal was incredible. that kid is the hardest working forward in the league.

i think with ANA picking up whitney they will move pronger or nieds. i heard on the devils board that maybe nieds won't accept a trade anywhere. we'll just have to wait and see.

and supposedly philly wants bouwmeister really bad but they have cap issues. they are trying desperately to make room just to bring briere back, so they waived metropolit and vananaan(sp). they'd have to move some contracts to get j-bo, supposedly to include lupol and carle and they'd probably have to add a prospect like van riemsdyk.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like this thing with Clemenson, Marty is one of the best goalies ever, but age is not on his side, they should at least keep both for next year. Marty can't play 70 games a year anymore.

Parise continues to amaze, way better than his dad.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't like this thing with Clemenson, Marty is one of the best goalies ever, but age is not on his side, they should at least keep both for next year. Marty can't play 70 games a year anymore.

Parise continues to amaze, way better than his dad.

clemmenson is 32, will be 33 next year. he's no prosepct or kid. and marty has 3 yrs left on his contract. either clemmer or weekes will be backing marty up again next year.

we'll trade him to monty hall for markov if you want. [Smile]

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Nah, Markov is playing a bit better with Schneider on the point.

I've been hearing a bunch of rumours about Pronger, some say Devils or Bruins. That would be devastating to the east. We'll have to see.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
pronger on the bruins would really suck for the devils. i just don't think the devils have the pieces to trade for pronger.

i think lou will make a trade, but i think it's going to be something smaller, though recently there has been rumblings the devils may also be looking for a center since it looks like zubrus is getting knocked off of the first line.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
we play the rangers tonight hope we can win? good luck all with your teams!! go sabres!!
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
we play the rangers tonight hope we can win? good luck all with your teams!! go sabres!!

Re-check your schedule buffalo-girl! That was last week....remember that you already won that game? haha. Anyway, we get Colorado tonight, in fact, I'll be heading out soon for The Garden. I asked EJ if she wanted to come with me....she just laughed in my face and said she would rather play Laser Tag than watch those two pitiful teams.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice win for the Rangers last night for a change. Actually scored some goals too. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Sure it helps to be playing a lousy team, but they did what they were supposed to. Tortorella's offensive style system sure is fun to watch. I can't stand defensive systems and that is all Renney would play. Hopefully we can keep up the intensity that was last night. What a great night it was in The City too!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Wild are starting to fall out of the playoff picture. Think there will be some moves coming from the Wild camp at the trade deadline.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
sorry about that 80's rocked i realized it after i got off the computer yesterday lol we played the islanders and lost our 3rd. game in a row!!! we really looked bad all they kept doing was passing not shooting the puck so aggravating!!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Some great games last night, still in shock the Habs beat the mighty Sharks 3-2, along with Philly friday night. Could you even believe that two weeks ago when they were on that horrific road trip? Jaroslav Halak has been the miracle man of late, just feel bad he has to stop 40 plus shots per night for us to win.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I saw that the Isles shutout Buffalo last night. There were a few upsets that helped us out. It is sure gonna be a tight finish to make the playoffs. I'm about to score some tickets for the Rangers/Boston game next Sunday....this will be some tough contest for us.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by Sammy Hain Invasion:
Tonight was a classic example of Marty being Marty. In Martin Brodeur's return to action after being out approximately four months he pitches a shutout. The Devils right now are a very scary team to be facing.

Marty has now played three games since his return including being able to play on back to back games and has two shutouts and two total goals given up. That's a scary thought for the rest of the league; a much rested Brodeur going into the stretch run.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Devils are looking terrifying now, a scary thought.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Avery will back with the Blueshirts on Thursday, see how and Torts will get along. I have a date with you Wednesday BuffaloGirl, we'll see how the Sabres will do aganst the Habs. The Pens overtook the Sabres in the standings on the weekend, for their sake I hope they get a goalie by the wednesday trade deadline.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Avery will back with the Blueshirts on Thursday

I had a feeling that this day was coming. I said in the beginning of the year that I wanted them to resign Avery. Then he left and made a fool of himself. I really hope he grows up and helps us now.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Trade deadline is almost here, no big trades yet, but a few players like Morrison(Anaheim) and Satan(Pittsburgh) have been put on waivers. Should be an interesting day.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Calgary get Oli Jokinen, they gave up Matthew Lombardi, a defenseman and a draft pick to get him. Things are going to get interesting in the next few hours, even though Anaheim said they are not dealing Chris Pronger.

So I see the Wild signed Nicklas Backstrom, it's a good move getting him locked up.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
80's rocked, your team did pretty well at the trade deadline geting Derek Morris from Phoenix and Nik Antropov from Toronto. As for the Habs, looks like zilch and another summer of speculation. God I'm bummed.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
great game last night 5-1!!!! thank-you since we lost the last three games we really needed this win!! we are not too happy about the trade of kotalik? we were hoping afinaganov would be traded? he has been terrible for years now!! but we did get dominic moore ? dee
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home