iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
Forsberg's ankles can't hold up any longer. I feel that if Sundin's going to play anywhere this season it will be with Montreal.

i don't think forsberg will play anymore either, but you never know.

it's funny that the team that needs him the most since they have no forwards to speak of and who offered him the most money is a team he won't even condsider playing for. sorry vancouver.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thoroughly enjoyed the only NHL game I've ever been to, on one of my trips over to the US. Got to go to see Islanders vs Chicago Blackhawks - neither team was playing particularly well, but it was very different to the game over here in the UK - we get a lot of young kids learning the game that are sent over from the NHL junior squads to toughen up, and older guys trying for one last payday.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Paul, the Blackhawks are an up and coming team finally after so many bad teams and management over the years. Former owner Bill Wirtz was akin to Harold Ballard ruining the Maple Leafs in the 80's.

As for the Habs, I think they are almost capped out as well and won't be able to get Sundin unless he wants to play for 2 million or something. Forsberg is pretty much finished, he is so brittle it's not funny.

Looks like VP candidate Sarah Palin will drop the puck Saturday at the beginning of the Rangers/Flyers game. She's also been cozying up to Flyers owner Ed Snider who made a campaign contribution ot the Republicans. Damn Flyers.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Looks like VP candidate Sarah Palin will drop the puck Saturday at the beginning of the Rangers/Flyers game. She's also been cozying up to Flyers owner Ed Snider who made a campaign contribution ot the Republicans. Damn Flyers.

What a kiss a$$. [Roll Eyes]

Sundin definitely won't be a Ranger.
Shanahan??????????
Should be a good game tomorrow night against Chicago. They certainly have alot of youth and will play hard.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maple Laffs pull off a big upset over the defending Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings 3-2 in Detroit no less.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Riptide's post:
quote:
...Looks like VP candidate Sarah Palin will drop the puck Saturday at the beginning of the Rangers/Flyers game. She's also been cozying up to Flyers owner Ed Snider who made a campaign contribution ot the Republicans. Damn Flyers.
Also, keep in mind that Pennsylvania is a "swing state", so any kind of campaign exposure is crucial to a candidate.

Don't be suprised if she shows up at a Phillies game in Philadelphia, during the league championship series against the L.A. Dodgers.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruins 5 Avalanche 4
Sharks 4 Ducks 1
Canucks 6 Flames 0

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

This is what you get when you hire an English band to a Stanley Cup party

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/No-one-gave-Def-Leppard-the-Stanley-Cup-instruct?urn=nhl,113984

Sorry Joe Elliot the Stanley Cup goes the other way. Maybe you and the rest of the Def Leppard boys better stick to soccer.

For as much as I hate Nickelback it would have probably made more sense to invite a Canadian band to a hockey party.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice wins for both of tonight xchazx. Marty looked pretty damn good. Always nice to see the Icelanders lose as well. Should be some showdown Monday night.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sam....I'll be rooting hard for Minnesota with you tomorrow night. F'n hate Boston.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Habs lost in the shootout, Price stood on his head, but looked shaky in the shootout. Nice to see Lang get a goal. So far we've lost 163 of a possible 164 points......

Did you see the way the Maple Leafs were playing last night? Ron Wilson has gotten them playing the trap.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:

Did you see the way the Maple Leafs were playing last night? Ron Wilson has gotten them playing the trap.

"The Trap" ruins this game to no end. I don't know what I'd do if my team ever started playing this boring style.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Riptide:

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">"The Trap" ruins this game to no end. I don't know what I'd do if my team ever started playing this boring style.

that's funny because the rangers do play the trap. or as sam rosen calls it, a "passive forecheck". it was only called a trap when the devils used it(which they don't use anymore since sutter came on board). the rags used it all last season. i once had a picture of the rags using it as evidence but the pic has been lost. lucky you. thank the rags for ruining hockey now.

devils steal one from pittsburg tonight. not happy with the lack of scoring but they completely outworked the pens tonight. sometimes you need a littel luck.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Devils outshot the Pens like 47 to 14 or something. Where was Crosby or Malkin? I always thought the Devils still play the trap. Elias has got put up some points this year. Brodeur is 11 wins away ffrom tying Patrick Roy's all time win record fro a goalie. When he retires, his stats will probably be the best of all time. I think he's close to Sawchuk's all time shutouts record too. It got feisty too with new Pen enforcer Godard had a bout with a devil. Never heard the Rangers called Rags, the only name I've heard someone call them is the Blueshirts. Zherdev looks good on broadway, he's no Jagr(who is?), but he's doing OK.

The Habs beat up on Toronto, and I'm beaming ear to ear. Nice to seee Tanguay and Latendresse have big games. Playing philly Monday night will be a test. They knocked us out of the playoffs last year and we ant to prove a point.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
the rags used it all last season.

Last year the Rangers played a bit more defensively, but was no way a trap. I should know, I watched every game they played. I wasn't trying to insult the Devs by saying that. You take to much personally....loosen up a bit.

Did I mention yet....4-0

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Ottawa-Detroit game last night.
Good game with lots of action and Filppula´s
goal was a bonus.

Too bad that Gerber finally blew it
with that easy goal. He was solid before that shot.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by xchazx:
the rags used it all last season.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Last year the Rangers played a bit more defensively, but was no way a trap. I should know, I watched every game they played. I wasn't trying to insult the Devs by saying that. You take to much personally....loosen up a bit.

Did I mention yet....4-0

it wasn't taken personally. i don't get offended. the devils did use the trap for a long time. they were unfairly portrayed as playing boring hockey, even though teams like DET, ANA, and OTT, among others, also used the trap. the devs just used it the best and had the best goalie and got the best results.

remember, anything goes here. i just thought it was funny what you said because the rags absolutely used the trap last season. it's one of the reasons why they only scored 10 more goals than the devils had. and why a guy like jagr struggled all season long(and it's why gaborik will be leaving MIN sooner than later). like i said, i had photographic evidence of it being used, but i never saved it on my computer.

when you have one player chasing the puck, and the other four forming a box between the blue lines, that's called a trap. believe me, i know all about what a trap looks like. it's not my opinion, it is what it is.

see ya monday night.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

19 year old Ranger prospect Alexei Cherepanov dies during game in Russia

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252547&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
19 year old Ranger prospect Alexei Cherepanov dies during game in Russia

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252547&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

that's some sad **** there. only 19 years old.

RIP

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I saw that too....heart attack at 19....wow.

Almost showtime.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
That's terrible news. So young, RIP. Reminds me of some other players who died when they played in Europe like Sergei Zholtok and Stephane Morin. Such a shame.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I saw the grainy european footage, looks like he collapsed on the bench, from what is yet to be determined.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Big win tonight....don't worry, I won't gloat to much, but 5-0 to start is far more than I ever expected. This team sure does work hard. I had a feeling That Dubinsky was going to break out this year. Voros is another nice surprise. When the others get going too....watch out.

I also saw Washington was kicking the crap out of Vancouver.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Big win tonight....don't worry, I won't gloat to much, but 5-0 to start is far more than I ever expected. This team sure does work hard. I had a feeling That Dubinsky was going to break out this year. Voros is another nice surprise. When the others get going too....watch out.

I also saw Washington was kicking the crap out of Vancouver.

you're just having your cake and eating it too, huh [Wink]

same bulls**t as last season: no defense, no protecting broduer, and no scoring.

i was sick last night and i thought it was food poisoning, but it was probably having to watch the f**king devils and giants. terrible sports night for me.

glad the devils decided we couldn't keep voros but held onto mike rupp. great choice.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
A great night, with the Habs beating hated Philly. There was some rough stuff in the game, they put some hits on Komisarek, let's see them try that next time when Laraque suits up. Can't stand Scott Hartnell. So far I'mpressed with the newcomers Tanguay and Lang making contributions. Latendresse is showing me more, and the Konstisyn brothers look dangerous.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home