iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody seen the first career NHL goal for Detroit's Ville Lieno?

Check it out here

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Behind-the-scenes-of-Leino-s-highlight-reel-firs;_ylt=AhgoayCDQEAZXTY.fvQK.Oh7vLYF?urn=nhl,138007

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not fair, Detroit still gets great young player picking at the bottom of te draft.

I'm psyched, Tuesday I get to see my first live hockey game of the year when the Habs play the Pens. Woo!

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The season is going down the tubes, our leading goal scorer Robert Lang severed a tendon yesterday, so he's done for the season and maybe his career is over too. Latendresse suffered a nasty shoulder injury. And as If I didn't despise the Bruins enough before yesterday's game.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see the Senators fired Craig Hartsburg as their head coach. Personally I don't think the Seanators struggles are the coaches fault. The front office put too much stock in their one superstar line of Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson and didn't address glaring weaknesses in the lineup. Their freefall started when they lost Chara to the Bruins and they have never come close to getting a frontline netminder (even though this rookie Elliott looks like he might be pretty decent)
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Sens also have a wacky owner who adressed the media last week saying that there would be no changes, no firesale, that the club was fundamentally good. Yeah right. The same guy would say a few years ago that he wouldn't accept anything less than the Stanley Cup which put a lot of pressure on them. Sure they had their bouts with Ray Emery, but their secondary scoring of Vermette, Fisher, Neil, etc, really should be doing better. Getting rid of their defense corps didn't help, dealing Joe Corvo for the slow moving Mike Commodore, getting rid of Mezsaros.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

so Riptide, anymore rumblings in the Mount Royal press about Lecavalier getting traded to the Habs?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
No, the Vinne frenzy has died down considerably. I think a lot of people feel it would have happened by now. Now that Lang is out, there's talk of getting Michael Nylander, but his salary might be too intimidating. There's talk to that they will convert Higgins to a centre, a position he played at Yale. There's a lot of uproar with kovalev's poor play since Koivu has come back and he had to give the C back. Carbo's been fielding questions about it and he looks pretty uncomfortable. Just another winter in the crazy, hockey obsessed fishbowl world of the Montreal Canadiens.

Any reports on Gaborik?

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

last I heard he might return for the last couple weeks of the regular season. Pretty much a lost season for him and with all his injuries making it virtually impossible for the Wild to trade him making it pretty likely they'll lose him to free agency.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
devils/caps tonight on versus. should be a good one.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Ovie's on fire, how are they going to stop him?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
My first game this year, nice 4-2 result against the Pens. Seeing pure, uncut NHL in the flesh is such a trip without the commercials and hype.

I see the Rangers retired Adam Graves number, he was quite emotional.

Ottawa gets the same results with a new coach.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
I see the Rangers retired Adam Graves number, he was quite emotional.

Pretty awesome ceremony as usual that the Rangers put on at the Garden for a number retirement. All the greats from '94 were there. Special night.

With that said, of course they lose the game as usual on a ceremony night. They're lucky they even got a point by scoring with 10.7 seconds left in the game to get it to overtime.....which became a shootout and that is where they lost.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Backstrom gets another shutout tonight as the Wild blanked the Ducks 3-0. Quite the logjam in the west for who is going to make the playoffs. I feel a couple good teams will be on the outside looking in due to lot of good teams.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Backstrom and M. Koivu are the best Finns at the moment.
Nashville goalie Pekka Rinne is also very good.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah sabres beat toronto last night 5-0!!! miller got his 2nd. shut out in a row and his 5th for the season!!!!! GO SABRES!!! [Cool] [Smile] [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Sabres looked good last night. We are playing them friday night on the road. Looks like Georges Laraque will back in the lineup.
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks riptide!!! we will be watching tonight at 7;30 p.m. dee [Smile] [Wink] [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Should be good tonight. Too bad Boston won another one. Can anyone take some shine off the B's?
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw in the New York Post today that the Rangers are think about signing Sean Avery! What are they freakin nuts? They would have him in Hartford for the start. I know he is going to classes now for his behavior problems. Alot of good that will do.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
They might be playing with fire with that decision, but if he can be an effective player without all the BS, I guess that they are hedging their bets that he will return to form.

Well Buffalo-girl you won. There were a lot of Habs fans in the building, but it wasn't enough.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Losses tonight for Riptides Habs, My Wild and 80sRocked's Rangers. Rangers really took a thumping losing to the Stars 10-2. Sorry 80sRocked.

Victories for xchazx's Devils and BuffaloGirl's sabres

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
10-2? OMG!
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
yes riptide it was a great game and miller was excellent i thought we play ottawa tonight at 7;00 GO SABRES!! good luck you guys with all your teams!! [Smile] [Wink] [Big Grin]
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
february 26th people.

marty's baaaaaaaack.

be scared.

lots of trade rumors going around. i forgot when the deadline is. it should be interesting to see who gets moved for what. i don't see the devils making any move other than another second tier d-man, especially since it looks like colin white may have broken his hand last night. i see the devils going after someone like filip kuba, matthieu schneider, derek morris, or jordan leopold. i also read there is a (dumb) rumor that the devils are interested in either pronger or neidermayer. i just don't see the devils having the pieces to make a move like that.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

If the Ducks dpn't start making a move soon I could see them moving a lot of their high profile veterans: Pronger, S Niedermayer, R Neidermayer, Selanne and Giguiere

Gaborik is a head of schedule and will be back relatively soon so he still could possibly get traded before the deadline. God I hope.

Stastny is back soon for the 'Lanche and Gonchar will be back soon for the Penguins. Both those teams definitely need them in their lineups in their fight to make the playoffs.

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home