iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 16)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Habs/Rangers game right now. Some real run and gun play here. Everytime I watch a Rangers game it's exciting. Halak is much sharper tonight than he was in Jersey or Florida.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My new favorite group: Lang of God! That secons goal he scored was gorgeous. Nice win, ready for the Maple leafs tomorrow.

2 game suspension for Ruutu, requires a muzzle for rest of season. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now the Red Wings are looking like the class in the west.

If the season would end today my pick would be a Boston vs Detroit Stanley Cup.

Not too sure when the last time 2 original six teams played for the top prize.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuy Sammy Hain:
If the season would end today my pick would be a Boston vs Detroit Stanley Cup.

I totally agree....right now that is.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The last time there were two original six teams was the 78-79 finals between the Habs and Rangers.

Sharks-Bruins is everyone's sexy pick for the finals, but I'm not convinced Boston will come out of the east. And Detroit and Calgary might have an answer for the Sharks.

Nothing like the Habs beating the Leafs 6-1, winning without Price, Koivu, Higgins and Dandenault is impressive. We play Boston on the 13th. That's going to be must see TV.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
We play Boston on the 13th. That's going to be must see TV.

Oh yeah. My buddy is a huge Boston fan and is taking the drive to see that game.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
What a great game tonight between Buffalo and The Rangers. Yeah we lost in a shootout, but that is only because Miller was brilliant in goal. The Rangers out-played and out-shot the Sabres for most of the game, but that's the way it goes sometimes. It was a pretty entertaining game though.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Here are some great clips from the past:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dGGpUPLOB4&feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU8CJQiAycI&feature

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Latest rumblings

Last night Columbus Blue Jackets rookie goalie notched his league leading sixth shutout on the season

Bruins administer another thumping on an opponent this afternoon. This time a 5-1 victory over Carolina.

Penguins lose yet another game today. My gut feeling says that Therrien's head coaching job is skating on thin ice.

Brendan Shanahan to sign with the Devils http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=As1ZY6gB5UeVWjUvyLm74zl7vLYF?slug=ap-devils-shanahan&prov=ap&type=lgns

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Rumour has it that the Habs have made an offer to Tampa Bay for Vinnie Lecavalier. Lightning GM Brian Lawton denies that Lecavalier is on the market.

Could be an interesting situation.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Tons of rumors about Lecavalier.

Blueshirts with 2 wins in a row....could be the start of something I hope. Defense has looked much better in the last 3 games too.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The city's been buzzing about Lecavalier for the past two days now. I will believe it when see it. Habs fans have been down that road before (Sundin, Shanahan, Briere).

Owen Nolan has played great for the Wild thus far, 10 goals already in not a lot of games.

Pretty depressing losing to Bruins 3-1. Thomas and Chara were amazing for the B's and some dumb penalties cost us.

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I make it North America (and I will someday), I will make it my goal to go to an ice hockey game.
And anyone who ever comes down this way, I'll take you to an Aussie Rules football game!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
You are on. Hockey's a rough sport, I'm sure it would catch on in Australia if there was a smidge of cold weather.

I'm hearing about some Shark attacks there lately, is that more than usual?

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Sounds like Roberto Luongo is going to play tonight after being sidelined for almost two months due to a groin injury.

Looks like Brian Elliot of Ottawa is another stud rookie goalie to join Mason of Columbus. Considering how terrible the Senators have been between the pipes I'm pretty sure they're going to give him a long look to see if he's the real deal or not.

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
You are on. Hockey's a rough sport, I'm sure it would catch on in Australia if there was a smidge of cold weather.

I'm hearing about some Shark attacks there lately, is that more than usual?

Shark attacks are I guess a part of life here, when about 90% of the population live along the coast. There are usually a few every summer.
Of course I feel bad for the victims, but I reckon if you're gonna go swimming in the shark's natural environment, it's a risk you have to take.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Senatorss are on a 2 game winning streak, they sent Gerber down to the minors, so Elliot is da man right now. We'll se tomorrow night when the habs visit Ottawa.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Still Vinny fever in Montreal right now with all the trade rumours. I am skeptical as we speak, because if it did happen the deal would have happened right now. The longer it drags on and the more speculation means he won't come here. I think it would be wiser to get Boumeister from Florida, but that stuff has been discussed too.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Lot of rumours about Antropov of Toronto getting traded somewhere too.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I just finished watching the Pens-Rangers game, man, even thought the Pens won and are struggling more than the Rangers, I can't believe all the money Drury, Gomez and Redden get and how little the team gets in return. I've seen to many games this year where Ludqvist stands on his hide but is hung out to dry. How about Colton Orr going after Crosby and Goddard going after Gomez?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Terrible game today for the Rangers. You never know what team will show up. They are always shaky in day games for some reason. Orr and Crosby have been going at eachother all year pretty much.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and looky who's in first in the atlantic [Big Grin]

it's shanny time!!

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
...and looky who's in first in the atlantic [Big Grin]

it's shanny time!!

It figures you'd come out of hiding now....typical. [Wink]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
We have a date with your Devils tomorrow night Xchazx. Looks like Price, Koivu and Higgins will be back too. Hope it doesn't upset the chemistry. Andrei Konstityn has been lighting it up of late.

It's going to be a great all star weekend here, don't have tickets unfortunately, but a lot of events planned. Alexander Ovechkin will make it to the city tonight after playing in Ottawa, that will be 5 days he will spend here. If I run into him at any of the city's hotspots will let you know. Apparently he had quite a time once partying with Kovalev and others at a russian restaurant here. Nice to see he looks up to his fellow russian elder statesman Kovalev. Some bad, personal beef must have happened with Malkin and Ovechkin.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

The Wild just administered a spanking on the Maple Laffs 6-1. All 6 goals came at even strength so a lot of Laffs had a nasty +/- for tonight's game. Backstrom is without a doubt one of the top 5 goalies in the league.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home