iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wild played and lost this afternoon 3-1 against the Kings out in LA.

Simply amazing is all I have to say. Tonight Red Wings defenseman Chris Chelios is playing his first game of the season. Yes the same Chris Chelios who will be turning 46 next month. The man is just a freak of nature and is still a very viable player Pretty awesome to see one of the all time greats still plugging away. He must truly love the game.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reasons why Hockey is awesome

1. Even though millions more people watch the Super Bowl more people would be able to identify the Stanley Cup over the Vince Lombardi Trophy

2. If you're on the team that wins the Stanley Cup every player gets to hold the cup above their head and skate around the rink in front of all the fans.

3. Every member of the team that wins the Stanley Cup gets the cup for a whole entire day during the off season. Have you ever seen the World Series trophy out in the middle of a lake fishing for Northern Pike?

4. If you're on the team that wins the Stanley Cup you get your name engraved on the Cup.

please feel free to add to this list

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuy Sammy Hain:
Reasons why Hockey is awesome

1. I don't care what anyone says, these are THE BEST athletes in the world.

2. It is THE MOST exciting sport to watch.

3. The female hockey fans are HOT.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you guys are saying is music to my ears. I agree with all of it. Best trophy in sports hands down. In a perfect world I would clone you in large numbers and get hockey some interest again in the US.

4. A lot of hockey players will give the fans autographs and the time of day. Unlike some jerks in the other 3 sports.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's official, Sean Avery is no more a Dallas Star. Only problem is Dallas would want someone to pick him up and take on that contract. Would the Rangers give him another chance?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
It's official, Sean Avery is no more a Dallas Star. Only problem is Dallas would want someone to pick him up and take on that contract. Would the Rangers give him another chance?

No way....I hope. I really wanted to resign him at the start of the season, but he is far too out of control this year. Would only cause problems in the locker room I think.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
So they Sundin has narrowed it down to two teams, the Canucks and the Rangers. Slats met with him on the weekend. The Canucks have cap space, the Rangers would have to do some wiggling. I just hope hockey fans can get some closure this week and Sundin to finally make up his mind!

Looks like Luongo's injury is worst than expected, imagine if Sundin will go to a team without him for a significant amount of time?

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I never even thought there was a chance for the Rangers to get Sundin....now, possibly it looks like. We'll see.

Great game on VS. tonight between Col/Det. Nonstop action. Raycroft was brilliant in goal for the Avs. Detroit made him work his tail off. A couple posts and crossbars helped. Nice penalty shot goal by Leopold too.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I just hope these two teams know what they are doing. Looks like a lot of cash will exchange hands for basically half a season.

It was a great game with Avs-Wings last night. Reminded me of the mid to late 90's when it was the best rivalry in hockey.

Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
LS, you down with the Pens too? Didn't know that.

You betcha Riptide. Big time. I don't miss a game. They are my favorite sports team. It's an obsession!
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Well it helps that you have the 2 of the three best players in the world on your roster. Malkin and Crosby might be worth the price of admission alone. Any idea when Gonchar is coming back?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Flames-Wild game is on tv tonight. Taking a good look at both teams. The west is more rugged than the east. There's some tough customers on both teams, checking out players like Kyle Clutterbuck. Looking for Gabby who is supposed to be back tonight, don't see him yet.
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They project he'll be back in March. Of course they keep saying Whitney will be back in December but we are still patiently waiting. But at least the Flower will be back in goal tomorrow night. The penguins definitely need a kick in the butt to get going again!

The dang Flyers are on fire and are like a machine (an evil machine, mind you). We need to start winning again to catch them.

Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Louden Swain:
The dang Flyers are on fire and are like a machine (an evil machine, mind you).

Absolutely amazing what the Flyers are doing with the way they started the season.
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
I watched a little bit what they did to the Avalanche last night. Scary.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Man, we play Philly tomorrow night, not looking forward to it. Komisarek is expected back tomorrow night, I just hope some of the Philly animals don't test him coming back after an injury. Jeff Carter has 22 goals and Simon Gagne is quietly making a case for comeback player of the year.

Hold the phone Gaborik just tied it for the Wild, did they miss him or what? Should be a doozy finish.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Yup Wild and Flames are tied 2-2 after regulation. Gabby has a goal and a helper. Overtime about to begin.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
A tough one to lose, isn't it always the case where your player goes in on the goalie and just misses putting it away and then the opposing team goes end to end and they win it. Bertuzzi's first in 19 games to boot. I thought the Flames would be tired with the back to back games, but I was wrong.

Some good hits and scraps. Boogard is a monster, did you see him tussle with Andre Roy?

The Wild are 42 games above .500 with Gabby in the lineup, how can you argue with that?

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Surprisingly, my team won the first two games of the west coast trip. They usually do terrible out that way. Big test is Saturday night vs. San Jose.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sundin is going to VAN.

that was the best move for him. the rags would have to have moved too many people around to get him under the cap. i read he was holding out because he was trying to get more money from the rags but i guess they didn't want to have to shake the team up too much to fit him in.

and whenever an athlete tells you it's not about the money, it's usually about the money.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
and whenever an athlete tells you it's not about the money, it's usually about the money.

Aint that the freakin' truth! Greed, greed, and more greed. He supposedly said that he would consider going to the Rangers for less money....yeah right. Like I said all along, he will not be a Ranger.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Thank god for some closure with the Mats Sundin thing. Good that he's in the west, because he was a thorn in our side when he was in Toronto. I hate that too when they say money is not a factor, give me a break.

Big win by Detroit against San Jose. Didn't forsee a 6-0 win.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
What a game! Buffalogirl, your Ryan Miller played a heck of a highly entertaining game. With games like this, would love to see more Habs-Sabres tilts.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Kovalev has really stepped his game up a couple notches the past week or so. Habs are starting to look pretty good again.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Yeah, we'll see how this holds up, we have Carolina tomorrow night so hoping we finish strong for the holidays and get Koivu and Higgins back in the lineup. 2 for 7 on the powerplay was very encouraging, and struggling players like Kovalev, Latendresse and Sergei Konstityn have been scoring of late. Jaroslave Halak has played strong too in Price's abscence.

What's up with the Leafs? 7-2 win against the Penguins? They might sneak into the playoffs, doing better than the Senators. Never thought they would decline this fast.

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home