iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 12)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! This guy is out of control this year. Maybe the time off will clear his head....yeah right. Everytime he opens his mouth, nothing good will come out. Good for the NHL on the suspension.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I betcha GM Brett Hull is cursing under his breath his decision to sign Avery. The guy needs a muzzle, something to keep in check his self-destructive capabilities. Elisha Cuthbert's a hometown girl too, I hope she has some disses for this chump. And I hope Dion Phaneuf will line him up in some corner of the ice.

As we speak, the Habs are suffering from an incredibly bad meltdown against the Thrashers after cruising in a 3-0 game. I really don't know what team I am watching. It's the punchless Thrashers for pete's sake!

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some announcers are already speculating that Avery has played his last game as a Star. They're probably tired of doing damage control for this tool all the time and are realizing that he will never change.

Personally I think that might be a little harsh considering the amount of money they're paying him and right now I don't know if anybody else would take a chance on him. I feel Dallas is stuck.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw the whole epsiode where Avery is in the lockeroom and he tells the media to come on over, and tells them that it's great to be in Calgary, but what's with his exes(the word he should have said) being with Jarret Stoll(Rachel Hunter) and Dion Phaneuf(Elisha Cuthbert). This should have stayed in the locker room, but the dingbat went out of his way to say it. It's not like he was in a scrum and it came out by accident. They talked to Turco and coach Tippett after and they are sick of his antics too. I mean this is the last thing your team needs when they are trying to recover from this horrific start of the season. Just the way he went out and said this stuff, maybe it's a cry for help. I've seen Theoren Fleury get thrown out the league for not keeping his demons in check, is this similar? The NHL doesn't have a lot of this trash talk out in the open like this , seems more like NFL/Terrell Owens behaviour. Maybe if he the NHL doesn't work out for him, he can be stay in the city and be an Aggo Consultant for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.

It's amazing though that both those beauties would have given him the time of day. Makes me wish I could have practiced harder on that backyard rink in my teens. LOL. Girls, you had a hot man thread, does Avery...god forbid...do it for you?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It must be a real joy to be a fan of teams from Dallas you have the Stars with Avery and the Cowboys with TO & Pacman Jones. I'm sure glad that I'm not a fan of either of those two teams.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riptide, being a female hockey lover....I had no idea what he looked like. I had to google him. Not impressed! I just threw up a little in my mouth.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Woah, up chucking to Avery, what a picture! He said he was sorry for his comments today, but looks like what Dave Tippett said is for Dallas to move on. Who in their right mind would sign this guy now?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Looke like the Rangers pulled it out in a shootout against the Pens. Really wish they could have shown this on TV instead of the Atlanta-Ottawa game we got instead. Looking at the Rangers goal scorers tonight, I see Zherdev and.....Peter Prucha with his first, he's alive! Take that milk carton picture down. Tomorrow night it's on versus Habs.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Wild get a 4-0 victory over the Blues tonight. Backstrom with his 3rd shutout of the season. Backstrom is in the same situation contract wise as Gaborik is both could become free agents after this season. My feelings is break the bank for Backstrom but trade Gabby while they still can.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a comeback indeed Rip! I was swearing my TV up and down for most of this one. Prucha ties it up late in the third after we were down 2-0. No goals tonight for Malkin and Crosby. It was nice seeing Crosby get knocked on his a$$ a couple times too! Great early fight between Orr and Godard, we score on all three shootout shots, and The King does it again on his end. This game had it all!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Yeah, I saw Crosby giving some lip service to someone, I think it was Orr. Always chippy affairs. Staal versus Staal too. I watched Atlanta yesterday and tonight, a supreme talent like Ilya Kovalchuk is languishing there. I wonder what his future is? Should be interesting with Gabby, as expected there's a lot of talk here about moving the enigmatic Kovalev. Sometimes I think they take hockey way too seriously in this city. I mean I love the passion, but some fans and media types are really harsh on some of the players.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Let me have it Ripper. I can handle it.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Tonight's game was a nice surprise, didn't think they would get that many by Henrik. 80'sRocked, I wouldn't be too happy, the Habs fourth liners Begin, Lapierre, even a rookie Agostini worked the hardest and had the best results. They are definetly not in the multimilionaire club. Mind you the struggling Kovalev made a beautiful pass on the 5th goal. When the Rangers made 4-2 going into the 3rd period I almost thought they would tie it and take it to overtime seeing they haven't been closing games that strong. Maxim Lapierre and Peter Prucha was another unlikely scrap. Nice to see Prucha trying to make something happen. A bit let down by the Rangers big guns, Gomez was -4. Naslund with his 10 goals thus far is exceeding my expectations though.

Anyway, glad for the win, next up is Xchazx's Devils on Saturday night.

Hey, check out those cheerleaders in Phoenix. What a concept.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can only hope we can keep it close enough to come away with a point. we stole 2 pts vs philly last night, which was a nice surprise since we gave up the 2nd goal with 5 minutes left in the game.

glad to have rolston back, he should help out on our absolutely atrocious special teams play.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Devils w/o Brodeur are hanging in there. I think there was a long adjustment with coach Brent Sutter, I think players like Elias and Gionta's play suffered because of it. Elias has been hot of late, and Parise looks like he is getting better all the time. Definetly not going to be an easy game tomorrow.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just read holik will be back in the lineup tomorrow night. we are slowly getting healthy again, and it can't come fast enough for me. we should be getting greene back soon, then we'll just have to try and hold down the fort until marty comes back.

but for some reason sutter is benching rupp and playing pierre luc letorneau leblond, who is essentially our goon. MON is the one team we really don't need a goon for since they aren't a team that plays overly physical. i was surprised he did this. we'll see how it works out.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Very uninspired performance tonight from the Wild who lost a 2-1 decision to Vancouver. They'll need to play much better tomorrow night down in Nashville.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
At least it was a close game Sam, as I've seen some good teams get inexplicably blown out the rink of late. But it's tough I guess to lose to a Luongo-less Vancouver team.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
What a comeback indeed Rip! I was swearing my TV up and down for most of this one. Prucha ties it up late in the third after we were down 2-0. No goals tonight for Malkin and Crosby. It was nice seeing Crosby get knocked on his a$$ a couple times too! Great early fight between Orr and Godard, we score on all three shootout shots, and The King does it again on his end. This game had it all!

I don't understand-you are happy because one of Pittsburgh's leading players gets knocked on his ***? That is the type of behavior that got Lemieux seriously injured back in the 90's. Don't get me wrong- I love a good hockey fight, but not dirty players. I think they tell the opposing players to "go after" Crosby just like they did with Lemieux.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I don't understand-you are happy because one of Pittsburgh's leading players gets knocked on his ***? That is the type of behavior that got Lemieux seriously injured back in the 90's. Don't get me wrong- I love a good hockey fight, but not dirty players. I think they tell the opposing players to "go after" Crosby just like they did with Lemieux.

First off....everyone knows that I can't stand Crosby. I have a ton of respect for him as a player and his skill level. The thing I don't like about him is his mouth and c0ckiness. The hits on him that night were clean hits. He also did his share of hitting that night and went after Colton Orr quite alot. It made for a great game. I would never want to see anyone get hurt and I can't stand dirty hockey.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I just don'tlike when people get hurt playing. I never found Crosby to be overly ****y (I'm not going to say anyone is NOT ****y, especially when it comes to hockey players) but maybe it's because I am a Pittsburgh fan. But I never did like Jagr when he was here- I thought he was a big baby. I was glad when he left. I'm not everyone- I did not know that you hate Crosby; I'll be sure to get my mindreading cap on soon. I don't have time to read back through 12 pages of this thread.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I hear ya Pitt. I'm sure alot of my dislike of Sid is because he is so damn good and is a rival of ours. Jagr sure cried his share when he was on the Rangers also. I was the same way with A-Rod when he was not on the Yanks. I couldn't stand him like you don't even know. Now, since he has been on my Yankees....I see him in a whole different light. I have always been like that with players of talent....can't help it.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

It appears that it's pretty unanimous here that we're all against dirty hockey. I'm just curious what everybodys stance on fighting in hockey is?

Personally I'm pro fighting. I feel it's part of the game and I feel it's a neccessity on occasion. Besides without fighting there never would have been a Stu Grimson, Craig Coxe, Bob Probert, Tie Domi, Donald Brashear, Georges Laraque, Derek Boogaard....etc and that would be a shame if the league would never have been graced by their presence.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I don't mind fighting as long as they are fellow combatants and have some respect for each other. can't stand when I see a good/star player get goaded into a fight by a tough guy, doesn't happen often though. I'm sure passive hockey fans might scratch their heads concerning fighting, but I've seen it used for different purposes where it can turn around the tempo of a game. I've even seen teams getting a shelacking on the scoreboard and a scrap will indicate to the team they can't embarass or run up the score and get away from it.

As expected a low scoring 2-1 OT loss to the Devils, scored by Parise. Kovalev is going to be wearing goat horns in tomorrow's papers getting the penalty that led to the goal and not scoring a goal in his last 17 games.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Minnesota's offense has gone south. After scoring a whole bunch of goals for a couple weeks they've lost back to back games 2-1 and 1-0. The goaltending has been there but the offense really hasn't looked too good. Hopefully they can fight the ship soon.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home