iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toxic Sammy Hain:
I'm going to start naming Lucic, Seabass Jr.

Good one Sammy! That cracked me up. [Big Grin]

One thing I can't stand is when these chicken sh*ts like Ruutu and many others, start crap on the ice and then run and hide when someone confronts them. I knew Orr and Mara were gonna gun for him yesterday....and he ran.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Lucic is a fellow Vancouver native like Neely. Kessel is blossoming too, starting to remind me of Pat Lafontaine. Bruins-Habs is going to be the best rivalry going. Tim Thomas has one of the most ugly, unorthodox styles I've seen in a goalie, but he gets it done.

What's worse is Rutuu has a brother for Carolina who plays the same way. How did this hellspawn happen? Was giving the Habs fits when they played the Hurricanes last week.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rangers got back on track tonight, though they were playing Phoenix. A win they had to have. Dubinsky finally scored, ending a 14 game drought and Gomez is back and added an empty netter. Lundqvist looked sharp too.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brutal game last night, Habs rookie defenseman Ryan O'byrne scored on his own last night with the game almost over and up 2-1 to the Islanders.

Looks like Claude Lemieux will get a tryout with the San Jose Sharks. Hasn't played since 2003, so this should be interesting.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Too many good games tonight. Lots of scraps, great goals. Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Naslund all had great games. First off, the Rangers-Lightning game was nuts, Zherdev and Stamkos scrapping? You gotta be kidding me, a nice scrap with Orr and Koci, Koci actually looked like he won that one. That Naslund-Zherdev-Dubinsky line is on fire.

The Habs played their best game of the season versus the Red Wings. Still scratching my head considering how awful they have been of late. Plekanec and Higgins needed to start scoring again. A bit concerned about Tanguay leaving the game in the first period.Franzen's goal for Detroit was amazing, how do they keep finding talent like this?

A tough one for the Wild against Dallas, a rare goal for Owen Nolan.

Ovechkin was on fire tonight, holy moly! I just hope he's not too explosive against the Habs on Friday. Wouldn't you know Malkin would match him in point production tonight. They are so competitive towards each other. Just a great hockey night.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I only saw the Rangers game tonight....I had too much going on. What a game though. Scraps all over, it was awesome. Zherdez was a big surpise dropping the gloves. Nas had a heck of a game.

Can't say enough about Ovechkin. I told you he is the best in the game right now, and probably will be for the next 10 years. Malkin's brilliant too.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Habs will start Halak tonight vs. Washington. Might be a mistake, as I can see Ovie giving Halak a nice sunburn with the red light going on. Price will star tomorrow vs. Buffalo.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
devils have a tough one in PIT tonight. hopefully we can keep it close and steal a point. or two.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Another nice shootout victory for us last night, though I'm getting sick of the late goals we are giving up in the third periods. Thank goodness we have Henrik....he saves our defense nightly!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Bummed about last night's 3-0 stinker vs. the Caps. This Jekyl and Hyde thing is getting tiresome. They are leading in the Sabres 3-2 in the 3rd, let's see if they can hold on.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Just saw the Pens-Devils highlights, looks like the Crosby show is back with full force. I saw his moves and goals, he's got mad, mad skills.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I watched a good chunk of the Devs/Pens game myself. Pretty much what I expected. I turned it off after it was 3-0. Crosby was unbelievable tonight. That whole line is something to watch when they are on. The goal Sykora scored was brilliant with the pass work by all.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I think early in the year, Crosby wasn't 100%, he couldn't turn like he was doing tonight, really used his speed to is advantage, a few nights ago I even think he batted a puck in midair into the net.

Saw the highlights of the Wild-Predators game, man a lot of scraps. The Belak-Boogard one was a doozy. Belak held his own against the Boogieman, something you don't see too often.

Boston ran over Detroit, looking like the new beast of the east. And the Sharks contine their winning ways too. Senators beaten by the Islanders again! Oh how the mighty have fallen.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Disgraceful display today. I can't even talk about it.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Yep, I felt the exact same way when the Habs laid a goose egg vs. the Capitals on Friday night.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the devils have proven they can beat the bad teams and they can't compete with the good ones. which leads to one very mediocre season. which is going to kill my winter after january, when the giants repeat as super bowl champs.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
There's going to be some battles this week with the Devils on Saturday and the Rangers in the middle of the week. Xchazx, what's yor take on the Plexico Burress situation? What should the Giants do?
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
There's going to be some battles this week with the Devils on Saturday and the Rangers in the middle of the week. Xchazx, what's yor take on the Plexico Burress situation? What should the Giants do?

we don't need him. WR is probably our deepest position. hopefully guys like moss and manningham start to see some playing time. i'm not saying he isn't a super talent, but the giants have proven they can win without him.

no barber, strahan, osi, shockey, plax and yet we still keep winning. and i don't think anything will change without plax. i just hope the giants can release him and free up all the money they commited to him.

i don't have the schedule in front of me, but i know the devils have a super tough stretch here for the next 6 or so games. i'm not very optimistic about it, even though i read that rolston and madden could be back for thursday's game. we aren't going to beat any of the leagues better teams with our goaltending.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sid the Kid- NHL's Player of the week
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Sid the Kid- NHL's Player of the week

He was awesome this week. I have a feeling we are in some trouble on Wednesday night!

Look forward to seeing you too Ripper!

buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can't say much about the sabres right now we lost again last night to nashville 2-0 argggggg we need help!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Looks like the Avs got some badly needed scoring last night against the Wild. Sakic is hurt though.

Playing the Thrashers tonight. Might be a cakewalk at first look, but you never know what Montreal team will show up tonight. The real test will be the Rangers on Thursday night.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I hear that Rip. Lately, I don't know what team will show up either. I'm worried about Pitt tomorrow first.

I watched a chunk of that Avs/Wild game last night. Quite a crazy one. Tons of goals everywhere. Obviously, EleanorJune didn't watch it because the Avs won.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very unlike Backstrom to give up 6 goals in two periods especially at home. Probably the only time all season that's going to happen. I just hope Gaborik gets healthy soon so the Wild can trade him to help bolster their team and give somebody else a headache.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NHL suspends Dallas Star Sean Avery indefinitely

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Ao736CwXBC9I0FRlhjieNJ57vLYF?slug=ap-stars-averysuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home