iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scoring has slowed down some but still the scoring is pretty heavy. 7 minutes left in the second period and the score is now 5-4 in favour of the Bruins over the Sabres.

Thankfully I don't own any Sabre or Bruin goalies on any of my fantasy teams.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is going on with Beantown? Never thought I would see the Bruins be this good. This bodes bad for the Habs because we have to play them Saturday night when we retire Patrick Roy's number. Going to be some fisticuffs and then some, although I would prefer the win.

The Rangers-Canucks was on TV tonight. Didn't look impressed with the Rangers. Some brutal giveaways by Redden, Roscival and Dubinsky. They were booing Redden at MSG, and Lundqvist pulling himself out of the game is something I've never seen in all my years. Too bad, w/o the blunders could have been a close 3-2 game.

Sam, the Wild are doing good w/o Gaborik, does this mean he's expendable? All kinds of rumours floating around again.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing will happen with Gaborik while he's still on the shelf, just my opinion. But I agree they're proving they don't need him so I'd say they should trade him before he becomes a free agent and get some good solid depth.

What a night for scoring only three games palyed and 30 goals scored

Boston 7 Buffalo 4
Vancouver 6 New York Rangers 3
Washington 6 Anaheim 4

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a brutal game for the Rangers last night. Worst in a while.

Lunqvist will pull himself when he knows he's not sharp that night. The giveaways have been common though all year....this defense needs alot of work.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man i can't believe the sabres are doing so bad?? that game last night was brutal!!! arggggg!! dee [Confused]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
What a brutal game for the Rangers last night. Worst in a while.

Lunqvist will pull himself when he knows he's not sharp that night. The giveaways have been common though all year....this defense needs alot of work.

even the rags announcers were giving "the king" grief for taking himself out of the game.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
I'm finding this Buffalo-Pittsburgh girl thing intriguing. Who had the name first? Both of you joined this month, are you sure you didn't know each other before?

I watched the third period of the Rangers-Senators game, really low scoring. I watched the OT and shootout and Lundqvist was great. I thought the detestable Jarko Ruutu was going to start a riot when he got a second shot off in the SO. Every game I watch him, he always does these boneheaded things, Ott and Avery are the same.

Nope, I don't know buffalogirl personally! Just from the boards here. It was just a coincidence that we both joined around the same time.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
even the rags announcers were giving "the king" grief for taking himself out of the game.

Maybe a little, but he still is the king. It also was the right decision. Vali came in and was brilliant. The freakin' turnovers were a disgrace.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All is not good in Hab-land. Down 2-1 to Ottawa, sloppy play, the fourth line with Begin and Kostopolous are carrying the team while the multi-millionaires flounder(Kovalev and co.)They don't have good pointman on the powerplay, Markov misses the net almost every time. Starting to wonder if they want to get Carbo fired.......How we supposed to have a decent game Saturday with the Bruins playing like this?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Starting to wonder if they want to get Carbo fired.......

My guess is that Dave Tippett down in Dallas would be next on the chopping block.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
My god, Dallas has gone to hell haven't they? Turco can't stop a beachball. The Habs lucked out, some nice saves by price tonight. The Wild lost a tough one to the Canuckleheads.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

For some reason I was unable to get the Wild game tonight [Frown]
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope i didn't know pittsburghgirl either just a flook i guess i am buffalo-girl on 3 other forums too lol well let's hope the sabres can win tonight but it don't look good!! dee [Confused]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And once again the Avs lost....If you need me, I will be hudled in the corner rocking back and forth....
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
EJ, baffled with all that firepower the Avs can get shut out. Stastny, Svatos, Smyth,Sakic, Hedjuk, they are stacked. Seems the Flames have their number. Didn't realise Luongo wasn't even playing last night, the back up won for Vancouver. Koivu jr. is having a good season, but I'm seeing that they need som Gaborik goals. As for Buffalo, Ryan Miller should rebound from a very un-Miller like performance last time.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Tonight the St. Louis Blues unveiled their new 3rd jerseys. Not a Blues fan but I'm really liking these they look so sharp on the ice. Sorry this is the best pic I could find at the moment.

-

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Here's a better picture of the new Blues jerseys as worn by RW Brad Boyes

-

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Cool sweater, don't think the Blues ever wore that dark a blue before.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
This Rangers/Ottawa game today was very tough to watch. Total domination by The Senators, a team who hasn't won in the last 6 games. That's 2 terrible games in a row for the Blueshirts....luckily, Pitt lost as well. I'm starting to get nervous now that this will progress further. I hope that I am wrong.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Senators had to win eventually, they played well against the Habs Thursday, it was a matter of time busting out, unfortunately it was against your Rangers.

I just watched the ceremony for retiring Patrick Roy's number. Just amazing, seeing Roy sport the CH jersey again after the nasty split from the team in 1995. He was the goalie I followed most growing up, if it wasn't for him, the Habs wouldn't have won the Cup since 1979. But the Bruins are going to be tough to beat tonight.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Right now I don't see anybody stopping San Jose. The Sharks are flying on all cylinders. They're getting good scoring from their top two lines, scoring from their D, good defensive play and good goaltending from both Nabby and Boucher. Granted they'll have a tough road in the West from Anaheim and Detroit but at this point and time the Sharks should be the favoured team to be hoisting Lord Stanley's chalice.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I thought the Sharks should have done much better the past few years in the playoffs. They can never really put it all together, I just hope they can beat Detroit and get to the finals. I think Dan Boyle is doing well for them.

80'srocked, I saw the Sens-Rangers Highlights, man did the Rangers ever give it to Ruutu. Mara and Colton Orr went after him, but he will skate away instead of dropping the gloves. As yellow as they come.

The Habs kept it close but sadly lost to Beantown in the Shootout. Kovalev continues to be an enigma, more talent than anyone, but bothered by something. Did you see Laraque talking to Lucic all night? Lucic knows he's out of his league, too chickens$*t and won't drop his gloves. Komisarek is out a month because of him.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Lucic hurt his hand in Friday night's game. But Laraque would have probably schooled him. Laraque is about the only guy who I've seen that can beat Boogaard of Minnesota.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Lucic scored a goal too, looking like a future Habs killer like Cam Neely used to be like. Laraque qas almost begging for someone to scrap with, with no takers understandably. Did you see Jody Shelley and Donald Brashear go at it tonight? A real doozy. The Wild lost to the Blues in a close one. This Mason guy for the Blues came out of nowhere in nets. Looks like Luongo got hurt tonight, but the Canucks still beat the Penguins. New Senators and Kings uniforms seen tonight as well.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Lucic is going to be a big star. I think the Neely comparisons are very accurate. Both are LW for the Bruins and both have great toughness and a good scoring touch as well. I'm going to start naming Lucic, Seabass Jr.

Mason has been with the Predators for the past few years. Was always a capable backup for Vokoun there and was given the chance to be the number one guy last season but dropped the ball and let Ellis take the number one spot thus making him expendable.

The Mason to watch out for is the youngster in net for Columbus.

The Sharks also unveiled a new jersey tonight as well and it looks VERY sharp.

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home