iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » How would you handle being a celebrity?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How would you handle being a celebrity?
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thinking today how absurd it is that only less than 1% become celebrities.(That could be a good thing too) Didn't Andy Warhol say that everyone has to get their 15 minutes? Looking at the pictures, I find it ironic that our own Cindy Mancini looks more like a celebrity than Eddie Money, although I realise his heyday was like 20 years ago. In the past few years I have met more interesting and attractive people and makes you wonder why can't their be more exposure for people with genuine talent that doesn't involve some cheesy reality show. So if fame came knocking at your door one day, how would you handle it? Would you take it seriously or embrace it?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindymancini is better looking than everybody...

I have thought about that too, because I know people in real life that are so much better looking than celebrities that are out there now, and I think...who thinks that is so great.

My sister-in-law is gorgeous, and she is so nice, and she is really talented, and I think all the time...she should be famous...just for being so darn cute. If Brooke Burke can be...than my sister-in-law ought to be.

Becoming a celebrity....you have to just be in the right place at the right time. Because there are so many talentless people who are celebrities, and I could never figure out what for.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who says you have to be attractive to be a celebrity?

also being famous is something that you want to do.

Believe it or not most, and I emphasize the word most, people that become famous worked very hard to get where they are. Whether it's appearing in countless commercials or having bit parts on tv shows, to performing five nights a week in clubs hoping that somebody will walk in and discover them making them 'an overnight sensation', or you spend years as a backup singer or dancer for some mega singing star until you get your break.

Yes some people just luck out and get the right break right away and become a star overnight. But most work hard to get where they're at now and some are even unattractive people.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's alot of really unattactive people who are celebrities, and they aren't any good at anything either...1 is Andy D1ck-he is about a big giant mess.

Well...I know people who work 10 times harder in their real life...regular job, and they aren't famous for it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one can top Brooke Burke no matter how much they look like her. I'd handle being a celebrity by investing my money wisely and living as secluded from the pappparazzi as possible. It can be done. If I wanted to go out and have some fun then so be it. I work really hard in real life and don't care to be famous. Sam said most people not all people. Alot of it is being in the right place at the right time and actually having a talent to share. What may be a talent to some may be atrocious to others.......

P.S. How do you know Andy D i c k is not good at anything? Do you know him and e-mail him too? Andy D i c k can be funny. We met Andy at the Coachella festival in CA back in 2005 and he is one of the nicest celebrities I have ever met. Granted I don't agree with the degrading comments he made about Phil Hartman. One could also say something about alot of 80s actors/actresses being messes who got really far and being talentless as well but that would take up too much time typing..........

[ 04. October 2008, 13:35: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely think that being famous is something that one chooses in life. I also think that celebrities don't have to be good-looking. But what's good-looking to me isn't necessarily good-looking to someone else. For example, I think Steve-O's pretty hot, but I bet most don't agree with me. And something I've noticed, those that become "overnight celebrities" are the ones who don't last long, and those who work hard are the ones who last the longest.

And for the record, I have no desire to be famous. I'm happy being who I am.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Cindymancini is better looking than everybody...

I have thought about that too, because I know people in real life that are so much better looking than celebrities that are out there now, and I think...who thinks that is so great.

My sister-in-law is gorgeous, and she is so nice, and she is really talented, and I think all the time...she should be famous...just for being so darn cute. If Brooke Burke can be...than my sister-in-law ought to be.

Becoming a celebrity....you have to just be in the right place at the right time. Because there are so many talentless people who are celebrities, and I could never figure out what for.

Soooooo, are you gonna' post a picture of your sister-in-law? Come on... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've wanted to be an actress since I was seven-years-old. So, if I was famous I'd like to think I'd be kind, caring and sign everyone's autograph book.
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw Chloe, that's great!
There are plenty of actors and actresses who have steady work, and are not all that attractive. They are plenty talented though. I had an acting class in college, and it wasn't for me then. I'm thinking about taking a workshop in Pittsburgh in the next few years. I had no self confidence back then, but maybe I'll give it a try again. After all, I did have the lead in our 2nd grade Christmas play, and had pages and pages of lines to memorize [Smile]

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say do it guys. It would be a bit daunting being an actor/actress because of fear/confidence but I think difficult emotions are something that should be embraced and leaned into rather than run away from. When we truly embrace our emotions as they are we become free and we see things how they truly are. I say this from experience, I don't wanna sound like some 18th century philosopher or anything. I used to be very anxious and fearful etc. but learned over time to embrace all my emotions whether they were "good" or "bad" and it helps immensely.

I wish I knew this in 5th grade. I had a bit part in my school play and completely butchered my lines and semi-ruined the play - my sadistic brother thought it was so great that he came back for the second night.

I personally think talent is much more important than what you look like. It might not be the view held by the mainstream media but that's how I view it. I would much rather see Meryl Streep (not that she is unattractive) in a movie than Jessica Alba (Would I rather look at Jessica Alba?, sure. Would I prefer to see her in a movie over Meryl Streep? No way! I was actually saying to my mum yesterday that I could not stand today's movies and TV shows because everybody looks so perfect. Valuing image over talent actually detracts from the product I think. The same can be said for the music industry.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:

. I had a bit part in my school play and completely butchered my lines and semi-ruined the play - my sadistic brother thought it was so great that he came back for the second night.

Join the club Bernie I was one of the three wise men in my school nativity play and I tripped on my outfit and took a nose dive as I was walking up on to the stage in front of a few hundred laughing parents.

It wasn't an experience from my school days I'd like to relive that's for sure!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone videotape it? My brother would be the first customer [Smile]

Oh man, that would have been ultra embarrassing but I think we all have moments like that in life. Poor form by the parents. I don't think I would find that funny and if I did I would contain the laughter to not draw too much attention to the situation.

So you went to a catholic school too? Man, they were overrated.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home