iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Are Your Pets Named After Your 80's Idols?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are Your Pets Named After Your 80's Idols?
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering how far people's love of the 80's go. More specifically...anyone name any of their pets (or children [Roll Eyes] ) after their favorite 80's idols? I have a big fat orange and white cat named.....Willis......whatchu talkin' bout Willis?......my homage to Different Strokes....I loved that show as a kid. *I'd post a pic if I knew how. Cheers!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My two cats are named after pro hockey players from Finland. The white and brown one is named Miikka after Miikka Kiprusoff and the orange one is named Teemu after Teemu Selanne.

The two cats I had previously were named Luke and Leia after the Star Wars characters.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 days ago, I was leaving to go to an appointment, and there were 4 baby kittens in my flower garden with their mom.

I have 2 cats, and just took in another stray a few weeks ago. They are outdoor though, because my son is allergic to them, and I can't have animals in my house with having a business and serving food to people. So, I need to find homes now for 4 kittens, and I need to do something with the mom too, but she is really wild.

The kittens are in an insulated dog house on my back deck.

They are adorable. There are 2 striped ones....my son named them : AC and DC, and there's an all black one- we named him Boo, and the orange one we named : Pumpkin. They are my Halloween kitties.

I need homes...if anyone lived local...they could call me up.

Look how cute they are:

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cute ISIS....wish I could help, but I already have 4 cats - Willis, Alley, Hanah, and Cloe'. Me and my wife always seem to find strays who need a home, but over the years we've had very good luck finding nice homes. A really good line I use often is..."yeah...I have a stray cat here..really cute...but I have to put her to sleep...do you want her?" Of course I would never do that, but you'd be surprised at who will fall for it. It actually doesn't work any more, cause the only people I ask are people I know...they're on to me, and know I would never hurt an animal...I don't even kill bugs.....unless they bite me! Anyway....Halloween cats may be a great selling point about now....hopefully they go as a pair. * Is the stay cat around your yard often? If so, you may consider trapping her and getting her spayed...let her heal up and simply let her go...otherwise, you're looking at dealing with stray kittys for years to come.....plus multiple litters close together is not good for the Mom....best of luck.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWWW they are so cute! They are really working the "We Need A Home" look there too. Wish I could. (I actually had a dream last night that I found a black and white cat and kept it.)

As for '80s names yes, my daughter is named "Kaitlyn" after a charactor on DEGRASSI JUNIOR HIGH and my dog is named "Angel" after the Kristy McNichol charactor is LITTLE DARLINGS.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I named my cat Ash. You guys can guess who after. [Wink]
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home