iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » friday the 13 remake and new boxset to come (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: friday the 13 remake and new boxset to come
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son saw a picture on a website of the new Jason, if it is from the new movie...it said something about Jason is some sort of "man child", and he didn't have the hockey mask- he must have finally lost it in the woods.

Making the killer/villian of a movie be a giant monster doesn't really make him more scary.

I thought Jason was the scariest in Part 2 when he had the Potato Sack on his head.

They could make a new horror movie called :

Mr. Potatohead, where the killer goes around cutting off people's noses and ears and stuff.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the fact that Jason was deformed/disfigured made the movie scary to me. It was more so the fact that he was always watching the campers; sort of like a feeling where you knew you were constantly being watched. Even more scarier is the fact that Jason X and Jason Goes To Hell were released........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
I don' think the fact that Jason was deformed was scary to me. It was more so the fact that he was always watching the campers; sort of like a feeling where you knew you were constantly being watched. Even more scarier is that Jason X and Jason Goes To Hell was released in theaters........

Jason X was atrocious...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason X was a laughable disgrace to the Friday the 13th legacy.

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Even though I thought 9 was the totally terrible, Jason X was what I thought it was going to be, and I saw it opening day in the movies. These are things you just have to do.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he was scary with the potato sack, because you didn't know for sure what was under there....you get a glimpse of him in part 2, but I love when Amy Steel has to take the sack off his head...the look on her face...is what is scary.

I like movies that show how different night and day can be...because at the camps during the day the sun is shining and the weather is gorgeous...then at night...it just gets creepy because they are out there in the woods and it rains....just it being night time scares me.

Now they do so much over the top stuff with effects...that it doesn't matter what the story is.

I hate how scenery looks in new movies...it doesn't look real because it is too high graphic that it looks unreal....I hope that made sense. I miss the way that low budget movies were filmed...because of the whole look to the movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still plenty of low budget movies being made these days and lots of effects were used in the 80s but I feel like I'm talking to a mirror. Why don't you just make a list of all post 1989 movies and write they sucked.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home