iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Kid Kills himself recreating the game Halo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kid Kills himself recreating the game Halo
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.gamegrep.com/news/13045-boy_accidently_kills_himself_trying_to_imitate_halo/

Have you guys seen this?

That is just craziness. I don't agree that the game caused the kid to kill himself...who the heck lets there 11 year old play with a 22 rifle?

The whole thing is such a waste....why do parents let their kids become so obsessed with something to this degree?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's tragic. Being a fan is fine, but if this was a regular pasttime for the kid, his parents should've known better and kept the gun locked up.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at the picture on that link, he's dressed in a crazy looking outfit, holding some kind of gun...and they said he played with his own 22 rifle all the time. Who gives their kids real guns to play with?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like some great parents. Ever see Mike Judge's film Idiocracy? It reminds me of the part at the beginning where they contrast the family trees of the intelligent couple with the Jerry Springer reject family.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
No...I never saw or even heard of that...what it is??

I saw a kid walking around Wal-Mart tonight...who looked about 5, and he was carrying the movie "Balls of Fury" to the check out.

There were 2 kids in my yard today...I have seen them in my yard before...

They had a B. B. Gun....I went out on my balcony and yelled up at them...to find out what they were doing...I know I scared them half to death-because I surprised them...but I wanted to know why they were in my yard with any kind of gun....I asked them where they lived and they said up on the hill...I thought if I asked their names...that they would take off running....I said.."you better not be shooting any animals or birds with that gun"...they said they weren't. I said for them to stay out of those woods, because it was extremely dangerous...there's a bunch of really bad ditches in there, and it's very dense, and hilly....and I said...don't ever be near my house with a gun again. They said OK.

I got in my car...with my son, and we went to see if we could see where they live...I am going to find out.

Because one of my cats came up missing this time last year...and I want to make sure they weren't shooting at animals in my back yard.

The thing that is sad is ...I use to play in the woods all the time when I was a kid...and we never had B.B. guns and didn't do anything but climb trees...and make cabins...and pick blueberries and play hide and seek.

I saw those kids in the spring (the same 2), and they were doing something with a cell phone...but I couldn't see what...but that 's what is sad...is 9 out of 10 times...a kid today...is getting in to trouble...alot of it is out of boredom.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe it or not but boys have always played with BB guns. I've seen many a picture of my dad when he was growing up carrying his BB gun. He lived in a rural area and he would go out into the woods himself with his BB gun and shoot at vermin. It was part of everyday life. This would have been back in the 30s & 40s

I remember whei was growing up and reading comic books that almost every single comic book I ever read would have a full page ad for BB guns. This was back in the 70s.

Watch the movie "A Christmas Story" and what is that Ralphie wants more than anything in the whole wide world for Christmas? A BB gun.

BB guns have always been a right of passage for a lot longer than you and I have been alive.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
No...I never saw or even heard of that...what it is??

It's a comedy by Mike Judge, the creator of Bevis & Butthead, King of the Hill and Office Space, about two ordinary people of average intelligence who participate in a cryogenic experiment and end up waking up 500 years in future where the world has been significantly dumbed down, leaving them as the two smartest people on the planet. It's quite silly, but has a lot of clever, very astute observations about our society and the direction we seem to be heading in. HBO has been running it a lot lately.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah I know all about boys and b.b. guns, and I have always thought they were a bad combo...no matter what year it was....nothing ever good comes out of a gun...ask Ralphie...he almost shot his eye out.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my point being is that just because a boy has a BB gun doesn't mean he's out looking for trouble.

and no kids aren't out looking for trouble 9 out of 10 times. that's just an idiotic statement.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah...well you don't live where I live...and all the kids do around here...is drink and do drugs. Taking prescription medications for recreational use....has become a huge deal around here.

In the schools...they bully each other, they steal stuff...they break in to other kids lockers, they do bomb threats, and they vandalize stuff. One of my good friends is the middle school principal....he says how hard his job is...and it's because of the parents more than the kids...because the parents never return his phone calls...they don't care what their kids are doing. And all that doesn't even break the surface of all the sex stuff that is going on...at younger and younger ages.

[ 14. September 2008, 14:09: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

so 90% of the kids are bad then? I sincerely doubt that.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's kids in every city/state/town who do drugs. It's a huge deal anywhere. Just because a kid carries a BB gun doesn't automatically mean he's bad. That is a pretty judgmental/unproven statement as I bet alot of the guys on the board had a BB gun as a kid. There is such a thing as being overprotective which usually means the kid goes even wilder when he/she finally gets a little freedom.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have my BB gun rifle from when I was young. It was alot of fun shooting bottles and cans.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well...the kids were already tresspassing on private property...so right there goes to show how much they pay attention to things they are allowed to be doing.

There's a park right across the street from my house...that they could easily play in.

Sam-how many kids are you around on a daily basis?

I see kids every day. I know how bad they are, because on how often people compliment me on my kid, and say how polite he is- the reason that he seems "unusual" is because they don't see kids that are respectful any more.. Not only do kids get in trouble alot...they are very rude...I can't tell you how many kids I have been around, that don't even answer you when you talk to them. I have never understood that one.

There's different age categories too on the whole behavorial stuff.

My mom and dad would have rearranged mine and my brother's faces if we would ever have answered them like I hear kids answering their parents today.

Go in to Wal-Mart on a weekend, and take notes on how kids are acting...then come back and tell me how far off I am.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

You had every right to chasae them off your property no doubt about that. They had no right to be there but were they really looking for trouble by being there? A sign saying don't do this or don't do that has always been a huge temptation even for the best kids since day one. There's a huge difference between kids looking for trouble and kids just being kids.

I've worked in retail for twenty years so I've worked with and around more kids than you could ever imagine. Yes some kids are jerks and rude but so were some kids I grew up with and went to school with so it's not an issue that just magically appeared overnight. I also currently have nephews and have seen them and their friends and they're all good kids. They might not enjoy the same things I did when I was a kid and do different things but they're still good kids. Heck the things we did are way different than the things our parents did.

So I don't need to go to Wal-Mart to tell you how far off you are. I still stand by my statement that your saying 90% of today's kids are looking for trouble is an ignorant statement.

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I didnt read this thread until today, this was a story that happened in my neck of the woods. I guess this family is getting used to tragedy see here, web page

They never mention the Halo connection though...

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home