iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » "Dorky" Songs We Love! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Dorky" Songs We Love!
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
golly gee i LOVE ABBA!!! i saw mamma mia! recently and bought the soundtrack as well.

the carpenters are wonderful. karen had a really beautiful voice. [Smile]

petty - mmmbop? haha i wouldn't have expected that from you [Big Grin] . lol

Ha ha, I wouldn't have expected that from me, either. I think it reminds me of college and the "good old days."

Have to confess, I like Air Supply too.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, there's nothing to be ashamed of with ABBA or Air Supply. I like both as well.

Bandit, that is the first time I ever heard Cheri Cheri Lady by Modern Talking. I quite enjoyed that. [Wink]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
BUT...I have never heard If You're Not The One and Lady With The Red Dress.

Here you go mama....enjoy. [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNRJwBrx4Nw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b9Vn6WkjPs

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally loved Hanson 'cause I grew up with them. I had them on tape. [Big Grin] I loved that tape, and I was devastated when I lost the lyrics so I couldn't sing along.

I'll admit I like the cover of "All By Myself" by Celine Dion. [Frown] And now I'm sad I did. Now I'M all by myself!

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm suprised people haven't heard of Daniel Bedingfield's "If you're not the one", and I'm even more suprised that it's considered dorky. I love the song, I get quite emotional every time I hear it.
I remember a couple years back, Ace Young sang it on Idol, he was terrible as always, but he didn't even know the name of the song!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Air Supply.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the kid who lived across the street from mine had AIR SUPPLYS GREATEST HITS and would play it CONSTANTLY (I was more into DURAN DURAN and PAT BENATAR around this time period) and for YEARS after I would say "I hate AIR SUPPLY!" ....but if you don't have to listen to back-to-back AIR SUPPLY for hours on end they are very enjoyable in small doses. I like AIR SUPPLY but I dont want to listen to ALL their songs in one sitting!

ACE OF BASE is another band that I guess some people would be ashamed to admit they like, but I love them! That first album with I saw The Sign and Don't Turn Around is great- every song a winner! (I guess they were a '90s version of ABBA in a way).

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
Oh now , come on: WHo hasnt had a drunken sing-alomg to Sweet Caroline?

"SO GOOD! SO GOOD! SO GOOD! SO GOOD!"

That reminds me of a scene in the movie Beautiful Girls. That is a GREAT song to sing along with. Almost everything by Neil Diamond is ok in my book too.

I love Barry Manilow. Really I do. Not that I play his music every day. But I have this tradition to listen to it while I'm... painting. [Big Grin] I think he's a fantastic songwriter.
'Mandy' is a masterpiece and so is 'Could It Be Magic'.

Other guilty pleasures are:

'Don't Give Up on Us' by David Soul. (Yup, the blonde guy from Starsky and Hutch)

'Moon River' by Andy Williams

'Adia' by Sarah McLachlan

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I like Sweet Caroline too. The New York Rangers play it in their locker room after every game that they win....hopefully I will here that tune alot this year. [Wink]
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I like Sweet Caroline too. The New York Rangers play it in their locker room after every game that they win....hopefully I will here that tune alot this year. [Wink]

do they also prance around the locker room carrying rainbow colored flags? [Wink]
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
do they also prance around the locker room carrying rainbow colored flags? [Wink]

Good one xchazx. [Smile]
I think me and you will have alot of fun here this season after our showdowns. They are always great games when we meet. [Wink]

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by xchazx:
do they also prance around the locker room carrying rainbow colored flags? [Wink] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Good one xchazx. [Smile]
I think me and you will have alot of fun here this season after our showdowns. They are always great games when we meet. [Wink]

i'll probably only have fun if the devils win.

i'll defintely start a hockey thread when the season starts. it's always good to bust chops(in a very friendly way of course) during the year.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love alot of Neil Diamond's stuff too...

You know who sings one of the dorkiest songs I have ever heard is Wayne Newton's Duncashane.

I have never understood his popularity...because I have never known any hit by him other than that...and I swear even though I like the whole scene with it in Ferris Bueller...I still hate the song.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
besides Danke Schoen which charted at #13 in 1963 Wayne Newton had hits with Red Roses For a Blue Lady #23 in 1965, Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast #4 in 1972, and Years #35 in 1980
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to get this tread back on track ISIS....80's Rocked and xchazx were trying to suck us into some sports talk and...wait......GO OILERS GO! Sorry guys.....couldn't resist. BTW...props to any Rangers fan...lots of Oilers alum went that way....and re The Devils....Colin White is from my hometown....New Glasgow, Nova Scotia.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I know Wayne had to have had a few other hits....but who ever heard of them...????

Anyone?? Anyone???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was humming something today I hadn't heard in while. Tony Orlando's Tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree. Only in the 70's!

Another song I don't mind(maybe I should?) is by this woman(???) who sang One Tin Soldier.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Yeah...I know Wayne had to have had a few other hits....but who ever heard of them...????

Anyone?? Anyone???

you probably have heard daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I don't think so.... [Confused] [Roll Eyes]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
I was humming something today I hadn't heard in while. Tony Orlando's Tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree. Only in the 70's!

Another song I don't mind(maybe I should?) is by this woman(???) who sang One Tin Soldier.

That would be the group Coven that sang One Tin Soldier which also happens to be the theme song th the movie Billy Jack
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I don't think so.... [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

Wayne Newton--Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntdRgTctteA

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey, I thought this was a hockey thread? [Confused]

Just kidding. Those will be coming soon. [Wink]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
It sounds Vaguely familiar...did Tammy Wynette sing it....?? I must have thought a woman sang that song.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That song reminded me a little of this song...

This song my mom use to play for me all the time...then we'd both bawl...maybe that's dorky...now I listen to it, and think of my son, and I bawl some more over him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02tcf-O-O3I

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Here's another song...that cracks me up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g1TtJqHY_s

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home