iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » My Packers.... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My Packers....
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So has Pac-Man Jones (he may want a name change, but since he's still an immature louse, that's what he's stuck with). It would be divine justice (perhaps Reggie White and Jerome Brown can arrange something from above) if someone smashed Pac-Man's head clean out his...well, you can guess where...at some point tonight, maybe that'll make him reconsider his life. In fact, Owens could use it as well, taking the usual route and projecting his own deficiencies onto McNabb. He certainly wasn't laughing the last time they played in Dallas; perhaps history can repeat itself again (and if not, I believe they get Green Bay next week in fact, so they stand a good chance of succeeding there at the moment). We shall have to wait and see, for it should be exciting to watch either way.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Ali's Packers won and Motley's Panthers beat my Bears. I had hopes for the Bears...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thus far what a barn burner of a game going on with the Cowboys and Eagles. 48 points of offence as we approach halftime. Looks like a classic in the making.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a game. Chris, sorry but looks like the Cowboys got it done again, barely.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding offensive explosion of a game. The McNabb fumble on the fake reverse was the mistake Dallas needed to the pull the game out.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you are right, the Broncos stole the game from the Chargers on a blown call. But what a gutzy call to go for two at end either way. The Chargers are snake bit.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brett's got the Chargers in a few. It's gonna be a tough game....

P.S. How bout the Dolphins laying the smack down on New England???!

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to expect something like that every now and then. But the hill's still too high for Miami this year.

At this stage of the game, I think the Super Bowl will be Denver vs. whoever does win the NFC East--and that's easier said than since the way they're all playing it could well be a 4-way tie in the end, and THAT tiebreaker might just take all the way through the wild card week to finalize.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Brett's got the Chargers in a few. It's gonna be a tough game....

P.S. How bout the Dolphins laying the smack down on New England???!

I was so freakin' happy!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vikings got smart yesterday and finally benched Tarvaris Jackson in favour of that old relic Gus Ferrote. The offense looked so much better than they have the past couple seasons. Gus should be good enough to get them through this season but it became abundantly clear that they need to get a top notch QB this offseason. Jackson's a good guy and has a great attitude; he's just not a NFL calibre quarterback.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Pats got served yesterday. They were really exposed, they could not stop the run if their life depended on it. How about those skin of the teeth victories but the Bills, Jaguars and Giants? What is going on with the Browns? Looks like the Brady Quinn era might start sooner than expected. Sam, do you think Ferotte can get the Vikings into the playoffs? The Cowboys probably won't go undefeated but they are looking like the Pats last year.

I'm watching the NYJ/SD game, looks to be a shootout, also looks finally like Brett has his leash off.

I'm watching SD/

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those direct snaps to Ronnie Brown sure gave the Patriots fits, they didn't have an answer for them

That Bills victory was particularly sweet for me. I'm in a survival football league. In that league we started off with 25 players. All you have to do is pick one winner each week. Simple enough, right? The catch is that once you pick a team you can't pick them again the rest of the season. So it's not always a good idea to pick the top notch teams right away; definite strategy involved. If you got a lesser level team with a favourable matchup it could be beneficial to pick them. If you pick wrong that week your team is eliminated. Well yesterday I picked Buffalo to win and was gritting my teeth to the very end. So far I've picked the Jets, Packers and Bills; so I still have the Cowboys, Broncos, eagles, Giants etc... left. There's only 8 of 25 teams still alive in my league.

Yes the Vikings could and should make the playoffs with Ferrote at the helm. QB is the only question mark they have and I think he fills the spot pretty well.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"

"Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory."
[Big Grin]

Sorry, this is the best I could do to join in the football talk. [Wink]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if the hill is too high for Miami it's still great to see a gang of self righteous pricks like New England get their asses handed to them.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Is anyone still reeling from that shocking Colts win? I never saw a team(Houston)self destruct like that. The Colts were soooo lucky.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I missed the Colts game because they didn't broadcast it in my area. I heard it was messed up. Did you see any of the Chiefs game? It was ridicules.
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Are the Colts finished? they looked like that to me last night with Tenessee stam rolling over another one. Next up is Tenessee-Green Bay.
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man! I missed the Colts game last night! The Titans are unstoppable this season...

Riptide, are the Colts your team? It could be worse, they could be the Chiefs... [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
Or Detroit, where they might as well pack it in now and get new ownership (may have to if the recession keeps eating up the Ford family fortune). Still, Indianapolis still looks in reasonable shape for a wild card.

I'd keep tabs on Buffalo and Arizona, who look like intriguing sleeper choices at the moment (although the latter might have to hope the Pottsville Maroons have the 1925 title restored to them to go all the way; one can argue the Cardinals have been cursed since then); both have shown they can step it up if need be, and would be nice alternative winners if they can get through the tougher teams in their conferences.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
JDoc, it's monday night football game of the week, you didn't see any of it? The WS game was rained out too.

By the way, I'm not a Colts fan, I've followed San Fran and the Bears since the 80's, and as you can tell I have nothing much to write home about with those two teams. I figure I should save what's left of my hairline and get a new team!

The NFL is completely screwy this year, if any poor handicapper can make money on this madness, all the power to him. You can go from a doormat to a decent team in about three weeks, just ask the Rams and Dolphins, and you can go from a Super Bowl candidate to fighting for .500 like Dallas.

Detroit is an eternal mess, the CFL's BC Lions could beat them.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can't wait for THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS game against the cowboys this week. giants have to win this one to stay atop a tough nfc east.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

How long is Romo gonna be out for or have they given a time table?  It makes my week every week Dallas loses lol.  Granted they won this past week but the Colts lost to the Titans so it balanced out in the end........
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
Gives me eternal satisfaction as well. As of now, it looks like Tony has another 2-3 weeks to go; given how much of a fool Johnson's made of himself lately, they might shove him back in earlier in sheer desperation. As for me, it was good to Philadelphia back at full strength (no, it wasn't completely satisfying to win with the officials missing the punt call, but since the Falcons were stupid enough to waste their last time out pointlessly before the 2 minute warning, which you should only do if you absolutely have no other choice, the blame lies on their heads as well), and while it will be a bit tougher than in 2003 when they came roaring off a bye to go almost the whole distance, a clearly full strength Westbrook is a portent that good things might--just might--be about to happen. Regardless of how it does turn out, credit to Andy Reid for reaching 100 wins so quickly in today's day and age; he may not be the most sociable or understandable gent out there, but he gets the job done more often than not, and you can't complain about that as long as it's done ethically.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Looks like the Titans juggernaut got by the Packers by the skin of their teeth. Great game though. The Dolphins are on the rise, nice to see. I'm watching Colts-Pats right now. Very low scoring.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS took care of business yesterday against a depleted cowboys team. with all due apologies to tennessee, the giants are the best team in football right now. they are 7-1 and play in the toughest division in football. i'm actually starting to believe they could do something special again this season, as long as we stay relatively injury free.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home