iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » My Packers.... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My Packers....
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got their first win of the season! Without Brett! Go Pack Go!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was closer than it should have been, but Rogers did well, he completed most of his passes. It was surreal w/o Brett, in fact I had to think back when Don Majkowski was the Packers QB, as to when there was no Brett at the helm.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I think surreal is a good way of putting it. I remember when Majkowski went down. He was supposed to be our saving grace. We were all excited when he was our QB then suddenly he was down and this guy nobody ever heard of much less pronounce his name correctly took over and the rest is history.

I miss Brett but I am a Packers fan no matter who is on the team.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering all the pressure that was on him, I thought Rodgers did great. Getting a huge win against the team that was conspiring to get Favre....excellent beginning of a new era for the Pack.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe folks will finally let Rodgers play his own kind of game now without comparisons. I was about ready to scream during the game because Tony Kornheiser kept comparing Rodgers to Favre everytime he'd do something.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motley, those comparison will only stop if Rodgers wins a Superbowl. It may not be fair, but that is how it will be. Just ask 'Packer for life' Ali_with_an_i.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those are huge shoes to fill. Then again he's had three years on the bench to think about this opportunity, so hunger shouldn't be a problem. I was kind of annoyed too with Kornheiser making the comparisons, you can't compare, it's absurd. Just get the Pack into the playoffs and see what happens.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Tony Kornhole always gets on my nerves. I think even if Rodgers takes to the Superbowl this year and wins, he will still make Favre comparisons.

He's just a bald head filled with hot air!

BTW- Rodgers looked great but he needs to work on his Lambeau Leap! [Smile]

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it looked like he was struggling to get up the wall. Anybody else think Jay Cutler and the Broncos looked awesome last night? How about rookie Eddie Royal? He pretty much took DeAngelo Hall to school.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Majkowski, anyone ever wonder what the Majik Man's doing today? I consider it a hair disappointing no one else picked him up after Favre entrenched himself as the starter; he could probably once fully recovered have given somebody a boost.

As for me, I'm deeply encouraged to see Donovan McNabb back to full strength, perhaps due to an extra pregame helping of Mom's Campbell's Chunky Soup (the fans were far too impatient last year given the type of injury in question) and hope this year will end up a special one for all like myself who bleed Eagle green. Now let's see how they stand against a genuine test in the Evil (and then evil some more just for the heck of it) Empire. Regardless, they just might have solved the wide receiver dilemma if DeSean Jackson continues developing at his current pace (and keeps him head firmly on Planet Earth where it belongs).

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Vikings sucked. The Vikings will never win with Tavaris Jackson at QB.

P.S. I'm not sold on Childress as a coach either

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Adrian Peterson looked good but Vikes need a good QB I dunno why they think Tavaris is it. McNabb did have a good first game of the season but to me he's too risky a prospect for a fantasy QB considering his age, inconsistency, and injury history.......
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Actually Majkowski does Packers analysis on the local Green Bay and Milwaukee stations. Once a Packer, always a Packer!
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you're Brett Favre [Razz]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
Actually Majkowski does Packers analysis on the local Green Bay and Milwaukee stations. Once a Packer, always a Packer!

Are you talkin about Don Majkowski? OMG he was so hot!!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Uh Ali....I guess nobody told that to Brett Favre. ha
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I ain't worried, Brett will be back in some capacity in the future. They interviewed him about a week ago on local tv. He said he will always be a Packer and once he really retires, he may take the offer to come back and do appearances and stuff for the team.

I think once Ted Thompson is gone Brett will be back. Could be awhile though......a long while!

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Oh and yes Pettyfan, I was talking about Don "the magic man" Majkowski. [Smile]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
You think Brett will handle the NY media well? GB is so small compared to the big apple, he seems so down to earth compared to the manic NY sports types.
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I dont think he knows what he's in for!
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

He's also on the cover of the new Madden 09 game in Packers attire. It's a wonder Tom Brady wasn't on there considering the Madden curse his season is finished. It seems like Vince Young has been doomed ever since he was on it. I don't think Young is cut out for pro ball it seems like he stays hurt.......
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I know it was only Detroit, but Aaron Rodgers looked real good. I think it's good he's just not fresh out of college, I guess he's had time to study and learn, he's been ready for a while.

Anyone see that Broncos-Chargers shocker? Chargers starting the season like last year. Vikings are off to a disapointing start.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Vikings need a new QB and needs to fire their head coach and defensive backs coach.
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Detroit needs to fire Matt Millen, and Denver kinda lucked out on some calls by the ref.

The Packers defense did a good job in the second half and stopped the Lion's rally. Good stuff!

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Did you see the Detroit fan throw his Lions jersey on the field in disgust? Hardcore. It never ceases to amaze me that the Lions and bears haven't had franchise QB's since the 40's and 50's. We're talking about Bobby Layne and Sid Lickman for pete's sake!

Shanahan is such a gambler, the Broncos stole that game.

So Jessica Simpson has been talking trash about the Cowboys laying the L on the Eagles. Romo has to keep her in line.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home