iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » My Brett..... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Brett.....
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well he might not be my Brett anymore, but I was glad to see Favre and the Jets win today, even if Miami isn't really any good.

It was really hard at first to watch. I thought I was over all this Packer/Favre hoopla, but seeing him in that over number 4 jersey was difficult.

Hopefully my Packers will kick butt tomorrow night. There is nothing in this world I dislike more than the Minnesota Viqueens. Well may the Bears and Dallas too. Oh well.... Go Pack Go!

BTW- I still think of Ben Stiller in the end of "There's Something About Mary" when he butchers Bretts last name, every time I see Brett on tv. Still makes me giggle.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali, I'm a Favre fan as well and though he should still be leading the Packers, I'm so glad the Jets won today. No game is a gimme in the NFL, even lowly Miami.

i just want you to be happy Mary.

But, I'd be happy with you.

What about Brett Fahvera?

What did I tell ya the first time we met? I'm a Niners fan Ted.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I was a football fan with my Yankees all but dead. I just can't wait for the NHL hockey season to start now.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought my giants put the final nail in the favre coffin. guess he wanted to end his career with a lousy organization.

oh, and, LET'S GO DEVILS!

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hockey eh? A Rangers fan?

Brett did decent today, I thought Pennington played well too. With the Brady injury, things are about to get a lot more interesting, I know it's early, but could the Bills be back on the map?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pennington came close to saving the day for the Dolphins, too bad he was intercepted. Wonder how the Jets will hold up against the Pats this year, healthy Brady or not.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like football a lot

But hockey is where it's at from October-May. Have my first hockey draft tomorrow evening.

Go Wild!!!!!

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I never really got into Hockey although it's pretty popular here, but Football takes the cake for most people around here. I also like baseball, my Brewers are in the running for the wild card but they got their butts kicked by the Padres. Too bad.... At least the Cubbies lost too. [Smile]

I also like NASCAR, I know alot of people either dont get it, or think its boring but I find it fascinating. I like learning about how those cars work.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:

You have no idea how big.

-

Sorry xchazx. I hate the Devils more than the Islanders. Take that as a compliment. [Wink]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's real cool we got some hockey fans on here, it's a way of life for the people of the north, especially Quebec. I'm a die hard Canadiens fan, I can't wait either. If we could just sign Sundin, we could be the beast of the east. 80's rocked, losing Jagr is going to hurt, and worried the Rangers gave way too much money to Redden, we see Ottawa a lot during the season and Redden just doesn't look like the same player he used to.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I know what you mean Rip. I'm a bit worried about my team this year. A few months back, The Rangers showed some interest in Sundin as well, but that fell through. We'll just have to wait and see. I just want to watch some hockey.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Habs are going to be beasts this year. Their power play is incredible and Price looks to be the real deal between the pipes. A team from Canada might finally win the cup again.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I think part of the reason I dont follow hockey is cuz we dont have a pro team in Wisconsin. My hubby likes the minor league team The Admirals out of Milwaukee. I do watch some college hockey, especially when the Badgers play Minnesota. Alwayas a great rivalry when those guys play eachother, whether its hockey or football.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I like it when University of North Dakota beats both Wisconsin and Minnesota in hockey.
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
[Mad]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I did include Minnesota [Big Grin]
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Riptide:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">You have no idea how big.

-

Sorry xchazx. I hate the Devils more than the Islanders. Take that as a compliment. [Wink]

hockey talk!

hockey > football

no offense taken 80's

i hate the rags more than i hate osama.

and sam, thanks for rolston. and you're welcome for lemaire.

sundin is a douche. make up your mind already or just retire.

the only way sundin ends up on the rags is if they trade gomez. which would make me laugh my *** off since he wanted to play at "the garden". hope he likes vancouver.

and the cup will end up in canada, when sutter brings it home for the family to see.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Sam, nothing would be more great if the Canadiens could go that deep in the playoffs. I just think we are missing that one player to put us over the hump, over the past few years, we have offered more money to Briere, Shanahan, Smyth, Rafalski, and they still went to other teams, so it's very frustrating. We have to contend with getting by Pittsburgh and Philly, so that's always a challenge, but on the plus side, it's a young team coming into it's own. I just hope we didn't get rid of Huet too early, and Price can step up.

As for the Wild, did they pick up anyone? I know they lost Rolston. We are up on the Wild, because Koivu's younger brother playes there, and coach Lemaire was a great Canadien in his playing days.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Yes thank you for Lemaire. For as much as I like Lemaire and think he's a great coach I'm not convinced that he can take the Wild to the next level. Granted he's won the cup before as both a player and a coach I just feel that the game has passed him by a little. If I'm starting a new franchise I believe he's the best coach to start up a new team but not sure if his style will ever win a cup again.

I hate the Rangers too with a passion.

Sundin is doing the same thing Selanne and Niedemyer did last season.

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
Yes thank you for Lemaire. For as much as I like Lemaire and think he's a great coach I'm not convinced that he can take the Wild to the next level. Granted he's won the cup before as both a player and a coach I just feel that the game has passed him by a little. If I'm starting a new franchise I believe he's the best coach to start up a new team but not sure if his style will ever win a cup again.

I hate the Rangers too with a passion.

Sundin is doing the same thing Selanne and Niedemyer did last season.

i think i agree with you about lemaire. i love him with all my heart, but i think the game may be starting to pass him by. his teams will always be tough to play against but i don't know if they'll ever take that next step.

and i'm so glad maloney left the rags. he was the genius in rebuilding that team, not sather. sather has gone back to that "winning philosophy" of paying the most for the biggest names and hoping they'll gel instead of building the team through the draft and your own farm system. the rags and sather deserve each other.

and selanne and neidermayer were both wrong in doing it. neids completely screwed up the cap for anaheim. now they need to get rid of schneider but i doubt they'll be able to move his salary considering his age and his injury history.

did i mention i hate the rangers?

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Reportedely Sundin met with Habs management recently, they said it was an info session. I really can't stand his stance on things. This has been going on for months, if he goes back to Toronto I will be really astonished, the Leafs are rebuilding and won't be good for some time. he should have been traded last year and at least given himself a chance with Detroit or Ananheim of getting a Cup. It's like neither money nor Cup glory is on his agenda, which is very strange.

As for Lemaire, playing the trap isn't what it used to be with the new rules. The clutching and grabbing is getting penalized now, and the speedy and offensive are getting rewarded for it.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by xchazx:
sather has gone back to that "winning philosophy" of paying the most for the biggest names and hoping they'll gel instead of building the team through the draft and your own farm system.

I must agree with you on that. It's called "Yankeeitis". Just buying up all the big names and thinking they will gel together. Usually they're over the hill anyway or getting close. You need young, new talent with heart and desire who will give 100% every game. The Yankees and Rangers will never try to rebuild. Oh well.....I'll still love them anyway.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
It only seemed to work when they got Messier, the best move they ever made. The Rangers do have a great goalie in Lundkvist though. As for the Yankees, have you ever in your life seen a more unclutch superstar player like A-Rod in your lifetime? It just boggles the mind, when you see Giambi, Abreu and Jeter scrambling to try and tie the game and A-Rod goes 0-3. I just can't see them winning with him, even though he has great stats.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Best thing they ever did was get Mess and the worst ever was letting him go. Ended up bad for The Rangers and Messier. Lundqvist is unbelievable. As far as A-Hole....I mean A-Rod, who knows what goes on in his head. With all that talent....it's a shame.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
80's Rocked, I meant to ask you if you saw all the Habs-Rangers last year, there were some real battles, did you watch that game when the Habs came back from a 5-0 deficit to win 6-5? Most think it was the highlight game of the season for the Habs, finally beating the Devils in the Meadowlands was another one(sorry Xchazx).

Looks like the Red Sox are going the catch the DRays, Yankees are 9 games back, going to take a lot to get the wildcard, can they do it?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home