iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Do you post on IMDB.com?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you post on IMDB.com?
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know a lot of us post links here for IMDB whenever people come around looking for the names of movies, but do you actually post on their message boards?

all i have to say is, GEEZ are they rude there!!!!! you can't write anything on there without getting blasted or called every name in the book. [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] [Confused]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention they're ridiculously inaccurate most of the time anyway. So usually I don't even bother.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hear what you're saying chris. and plus, i find 5 topics all with the same arguments over silly issues. for instance, whether or not people liked a certain movie... you get called names for either liking it or not liking it?! pathetic.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We really are so nice here.....

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

lol paul, i don't think this place ever got as bad as imdb. [Big Grin]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah peeps over there take movies wayyyyy wayyyyy too seriously. I posted a comment on there once for fun saying I thought Dude Where's My Car deserved a prequel so we could really find out how it all started and got blasted but it was still funny.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a slam fest...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I post on IMDB are reviews - I steer clear of their messageboards because they seem to be a free-for-all, and there's little consideration for the fact that the people posting on their boards are people - not just user IDs.

It's easy to forget this sometimes, and it helps to have good moderators running things to remind people of that fact now and again.

As I said - we are just so nice here!!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met people there who are just dolls and who I have kept in touch with over the years....and I have met some real pricks there as well!

There was a post on the message board of a lesser known horror movie posted by a girl who had found out her boygriend had been in the movie when he was a kid and she was trying to track down a copy so she could surprise him with it.

Now- like I said- it was a lesser known movie- so she couldnt just walk into BEST BUY and buy it. She wanted to know if anyone had seen it for sale anywhere.

A few of us (myself included) had said "Yes...and named online stores we knew had had it.

Some of us even stated how much we liked the movie - and one poster even knew which charactor her boyfriend had been and told her that they thought he did a good job in the movie.

Sounds nice, right?

Well, this guy comes on and posts that this is the stupidest "conversation" he had ever heard and how we're all idiots and wasting time, energy and space writing these messagesd!

I told him I thought he was wrong for feeling that way and then he went on to be totally rude and obnoxious to me!!!!!

So yeah- you run into some real jerks over there!

And God forbid you make a typo...they will drag you over the coals and try to make you feel like a moron!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

I know what you mean....

By the way, you missed a space out before the hyphen in the sentence "So yeah- you run into...."

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go to IMDB to find info about movies. There is no way in hell I would post on their message boards! Some of those people give 'rude' a whole new meaning!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you come on here and someone says "Did you see (example:) DATE WITH AN ANGEL?" and you write back "Yeah. I didn't like it" that's fine. Over there if you don't agree 100% with the other persons opinion they call you the foulest names possible!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i know what you are saying about the typos. that's just too nitpicky for me.
i have posted a couple of times there, but i only go there just to read about the movies and look up information.
some are nice, but for the most part, those boards are full of haters.

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
too funny.......I go on there all the time to look up movies........but I rarely look at the boards I guess......the ones on the bottom of the page??? mostly I only see people asking how can they get old movies on dvd.

People that have to argue about stupid stuff like your own opinion and typos have to be sorta sad in their own life.......so don't let it get to you.......thats why you come here with all us cool folks right??? [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the site but I haven't even registered for the messageboards there.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only post on Christian themed message boards.
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

A comment that doesn't fit with the tone of many of your previous posts, I see.

Please make sure that you don't post stuff that would offend anyone, Colt. That would be bad.

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I add stuff to the site & visit the message boards frequently. I have plenty of friends on there... [Smile]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it just depends on what topics that you look up. If I got into to read posts half of the time they have been deleted, so I guess that is a sign that something was posted that was a no-no. It is a very very informative site and should be commended for all of the hard work. It is just sad that they have people that abuse it. I mean after all, everyone is entitled to an opinion and if you don't like something that someone says just don't respond to it. I guess that is too much to ask for some?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone. I would just like to first add that I am happy to be involved on this board.

Second, I would like to address the situation on the IMDb boards.

I agree that some people take things too seriously on there. I see your point of view.

Here's the thing, with industry professionals such as myself, we are on the boards to stick to the subject at hand. It isn't a board where things can spew off into oblivion and become a social gathering.

Please forgive me if I seem a bit direct, but I am simply trying to explain what is going on there. At least I am honest!

Think of it this way, you wouldn't go into a bank and try to develop a casual conversation with a loan officer while trying to borrow money for a house; so don't come into IMDb and veer too far away from what we do there.

That's what this wonderful boards like this are for! I love it and I am glad to have found it.

I have made contacts on IMDb and I hope to make contacts here by conducting myself "in an orderly manner".

(did that "phrase" sound 80's enough for ya?!)

Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
i know a lot of us post links here for IMDB whenever people come around looking for the names of movies, but do you actually post on their message boards?

all i have to say is, GEEZ are they rude there!!!!! you can't write anything on there without getting blasted or called every name in the book. [Roll Eyes] [Eek!] [Confused]

come to the South Park board. I'll have your back. [Smile]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

you always do samster. that is why we are buddies.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home