iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Time Flies........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Time Flies........
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coming up on August 6th...I will have been here for 5 years (with a 2 year M.I.A.) ...but still...5 years has gone by...and I can't believe it....I have seen Jessie get married, and Rainbowbrite get married and get a baby, and different things happening with everyone's lives...and yet people are still here together...and 5 years is half of a decade...think of how much life changed from 1980-1985....but in the past 5 years...does anything really seem any different ???

I think from 1985-1990 was a huge change for me...I went from being in high school...to being engaged to be married by the end of 1989....that's a huge change.

I can see in 5 years how much my son has changed...and I can see how much work I have done on my house and how much that has changed...but I don't feel like I am any different...and I am going to be 40 in a month...I don't even feel like I look any different than I did 5 years ago. I still am wearing the same clothes from 5 years ago, and the same hairstyle...

How about anyone else....do you think your life has changed tremendously in the past 5 years?

This time period is actually the hardest time for me personally to deal with...my Aunt died on August 8th-1999...and her death affected me tremendously...yesterday was the anniversary of the last time I talked to her before she died...and I am usually an emotional mess around this time of year, because I miss her so much.

People are the reason I miss the 80's so much....my Dad and my Grandparents and My Aunt were all still alive in the 80's....my childhood pets were still alive then too...so to me...the worst part about living now...are the people in my life that I don't have any more...and it doesn't matter how many new friends you have...the people who you loved that are gone...still are in your memory ... there are days that I miss those people so much and would give anything to talk to them again.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lloyd_Dobler
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7119

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lloyd_Dobler   Email Lloyd_Dobler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, ISIS, you have a good way of conveying things in your written word. You really bring a lot of good (or bad) points home to me. You're right about all of those things. Now I'm kinda bummed. Anyways, I like how you write. It is very good.
Posts: 64 | From: Renton, WA | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a ride for me too, it does seem like yesterday that fateful day in 2002 when I stumbled on Rewind. There's all kinds of people I miss, some have moved, some have sadly passed. There's pros and cons of aging and time passing. Sometimes I will get this really strong case of nostalgia and wish I could relive just one day in 1985 or something(No I'm not Marty McFly!)LOL. Anyway, this video is circa 1990 so it's real borderline, but I'm dedicating this video to this thread, I completely forgot about it, but hearing my sister play this back then gets me all nostalgiac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMOpnuv_8xU

I was a Beach Boys and Mamas and Papas fan at the time, so I thought these girls were ace for making music together. Also I loved Chynna Phillips in the Invisible Kid.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that song.

Here's one for everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZQKTd1k_xY

I am going to go see him in concert in September.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Eddie Money song kicks *ss big time. One of his best ever! Good posting.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home