iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Anyone out there like to paint pictures? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone out there like to paint pictures?
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love portraits and landscapes best. I never get the chance to paint much because of my job. I would love to teach Art because I find the subject can be really rewarding and relaxing.

I like my paintings to be almost life like, i am not into things that are to loose because I like my paintings to look like what they are supppsot to be, if you get what I mean????

I would love to know if any of you guys like the subject or hate it???

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can really appreciate good paintings. I have absolutely zero painting or drawing skills... [Frown]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually am painting professionally now for 2 local gift shops.

I had taken oil painting classes when I was a really little kid....then I took art in high school for 4 years, because I planned to go to college to be an art teacher.

But, I changed my mind and did something else. I always knew I could draw...I use to make my son's party decorations....

My sister-in-law is a professional artist...and I thought about having her paint me a mural in my kitchen, but she lives 2 hours away...so I decided to do it myself, and it was so much fun and turned out pretty cool, and then I was asked to do a mural for the Horseshoe Club...then I started painting on canvas. Now I paint just about anything....

I am going to be building an art studio above my new garage...because right now I paint on my kitchen counters and don't have room to spread out.

Here's some of my artwork:

-

-

-

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY!!!! Stop showing off ISIS!

p.s. the bottom painting is mine... how much ya' want for it... [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha...thanks....I did it for the lady that works at my post office, so it is a goner.

I paint stuff for gifts for people all the time.

I love to take pictures of someone's house and turn it in to a painting.

I love landscapes....especially beautiful sunsets and anything with animals in it....I think it is really relaxing and alot of fun.

I am painting metal buckets now...for Halloween...for "Treat Buckets" for candy.

I am planning to buy a big metal wash tub, and I am going to paint it for Halloween...we are going to be building a big Gazebo in the next month....and I want to decorate it like crazy for fall...I plan to put a picnic table in it, and set up a ping pong table on it...so my guests can play ping pong out there....because I LOVE ping pong...especially outside....

so...for Halloween this year...I am going to cover the picnic table in the Gazebo with a Halloween table cloth...and have that area as the "Bobbing for Apples" area...and the wash bucket is going to be painted...I am thinking of painting the witch from Snow White...holding the apple...how cool would that be???

Then have a big basket of apples out there for people to pick from...and if they bob for an apple and get one...then I'll give them a really cool chocolate covered decorated apple as a prize.

Here's a treat bucket I did:

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work ISIS. Here's my latest masterpiece:

-

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That is totally awesome.
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:

-

[Big Grin]

Wow! We have never met, but somehow, you caught the essence of ME! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:

-

[Big Grin]

Heheee...

You nut!

ISIS, I'm serious though...

That's MY painting... [Smile]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Something like this:

-

records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great!!!! I will have to figure out how to put photos of my paintings up for you guys to see. Your painting are great Jdocaster!!!!

Isis I relly like the painting you did of the girls looking out of the window thats good, and the one of house in the woods with a water fall.

Most in fact all of the paintings I do are oil on canvas. The biggest sacle painting I did was 2 by 4 foot. How long does it take you to do a painting??

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The paintings on canvas...take me 2-4 hours to do...my sister-in-law thinks that is really fast.

I have no plan when I start painting...I just start and then see what happens.

I love the wooded picture....that would make a nice painting.

I also love photography, and I like taking pictures of anything outside. I love walking through the woods...I love just going for a drive and looking at the scenery.

I just was on a committe for our Garden Club and we had our meeting at a local state park, and I had to help with the theme...and the food...so I painted little terra cotta pots with animals and woodsey type stuff on them...and we put plastic cups inside them and filled them with trail mix, and gave them out to everyone as a little gift...that turned out really cool.

I love decorating...and anything to do with a theme of some sort. I can't wait to redo my son's bedroom in the next few weeks...it will be cool to work on that.

I am going to look for a boat oar(paddle), and paint a wildnerness scene on it...of the mountains.

records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
I take a lot longer depending on my mood I suppose! One painting took me 1 month to finish. Some paintings a few weeks. I suppose I have to be motivated for my paintings. I have been known to loose my temper with them, scrape the paint off and start over.

Whae I have some money I will decorate the entire house I live in as it is in need of mordernising. Maybe you can fly to England and help me ISIS. [Big Grin]

I need to figure out how to get my pics of my mobile phone coz I would really like you to see them - can you help me on that subject???

EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not do any canvas work, but I do photoshop "painting". If that makes any sense to anyone. I create around 20 layers all with varying transparency to create an image when stacked to look like an oil painting. I need the eraser tool to much to do it for real!
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
I do not do any canvas work, but I do photoshop "painting". If that makes any sense to anyone. I create around 20 layers all with varying transparency to create an image when stacked to look like an oil painting. I need the eraser tool to much to do it for real!

Let's see some of your work. Post it up here if you can. [Wink]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
records1black-I'd love to fly to England to help you out- [Wink] [Big Grin]

I don't know how to do the mobile phone stuff...because I don't own a cell phone. I am allergic to them- [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] .

I know what you mean though about having the patience with painting.

I have to be "in the mood" to paint..otherwise I just don't want to do it. But, once I get going...I am glad I did. I get frustrated too...but mostly... I actually amaze myself- haha...because I end up wondering how I even did what I did...when I had no clue what I was doing when I started. Hope that made sense.

EleanorJune
unregistered

This is not an original piece. I followed another person while they did it. So it was their original that I was able to create this from. It is around 17 layers in photoshop. This is the only piece I was able to find on this computer. But this is what I like to do.

-

EleanorJune
unregistered

This however, is where my passion lies. My daughter is centered around a lot of my work. Most of my insperation comes from her. Thankfully my bosses think she is adorable and do not mind her face being plastered on a lot of my stuff!

-

records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
The image of your Daughter is really nice. Don't worry ISIS I will figure out how to put my paintings up for you all to see!!!! Hisssss I am annyoed that I can't at the mo. I will try and figure out what packages I need in order to do it!

Yer I think alot of people who take art seriously get moody saometimes with their ideas etc. I am like you a little ISIS coz when I get going I don't feel as bad, if you kno what I mean. [Smile] [Wink]

I will have to do somemore work when I a not worring about my job, my life and where it is going at the mo!!!!!

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good stuff EleanorJune.
EleanorJune
unregistered

101 Updates!

Thank you! I can't beat getting paid to do stuff like this everyday!
| Site Updates: 101 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
Yer I bet!!!! Whaen I find the USB Cable for my mobile I will post uo my stuff!!!! I promise!!!

Art is so soothing and rewarding at the same time!!!

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I painted for 9 hours yesterday . From noon until 9pm. I am so stiff and sore from standing all day ...but that was my only time to get them done. The Garden Club I am in asked me to paint them signs to sell at a fundraiser. I made 10 signs...it took me so long...because I had to paint the base coat on the front and back and let them dry before painting the pictures on them. I kept them very simple:

-

-

-

-

records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
I figured out how to get my pics of my mobile but know I am having difficulty putting them up. How do you do it???

Those signs are great ISIS It is great to see someone who enjoys art so much. I know what you mean about being sore and stiff. Do you use acrylics???

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yes I use acrylic paint.

Thanks about the signs.....it was fun-my friend came over and she helped paint all the background colors...then I flipped them over and painted the reverse sides, and I did all the pictures on them.

When I post pictures....I use www.photobucket.com

upload them on there...and then you just use the full reply form on here...click on the image link off photobucket and copy and paste it on here.

That's how I do it...and I am not computer smart at all.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home