iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Happy September and Cutting the Cord on Cable!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Happy September and Cutting the Cord on Cable!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, Happy September to all! Fall is my favorite season and it’s right around the corner. Plus it’s my birthday month! Also, my Husband finally agreed to cut the cord on Xfinity cable! We got high speed internet through our cell phone provider. They sent the device a few days ago. It’s running well. My Husband also set up a digital antennae and we get a lot of channels!!! Plus everything through the free Pluto channels! He also subscribed to Discovery Plus and is able to watch all of his shows like Gold Rush, American Pickers, etc. We also have Hulu, which I’ve subscribed to for almost two years, because I found out it had Hill Street Blues through Pettyfan. All in all, we are saving a boat load of money.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you need good internet service for the Pluto. Our internet really sucks. Its satellite. Worked good at first now its awful. Imagine that. Does it show new shows like the American pickers or are they all reruns.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Discovery app shows new episodes of shows, such as American Pickers and Gold Rush. Plus you can watch all of the older episodes.
We are rewatching a show we watched back around 2005 called It Takes a Thief.
Our internet service has been good through our cell phone provider.
We are now saving about $140 per month by getting rid of cable and just paying the monthly fee for the internet and Netflix, Discovery Plus and Hulu.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should consider dropping some packages, I'm in the UK and cell coverage at my home address is poor.

I have full Sky TV including movies and sports, Netflix, Disney plus, discovery plus, Amazon Prime TV and Spotify for Music. I think if I cancel some of it my kids may revolt [Smile]

Love me some American Pickers, literally watching it now on Sky History.

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Yes, that’s a lot of streaming packages. I’ll probably drop Netflix soon and get Showtime when the new season of Dexter comes out.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been just content searching and watching all the offbeat free **** since there's so many of them. Sure they are glitchy channels that often times stop working after a few days, and alot of them seem to have the same recycled movies and tv shows. But there's enough of them to keep me satisfied. A few of these channels I've been watching lately are: Fawesome (they have a good selection for a freebie channel, so the name is pretty fitting), Tubi & Retro Crush (For my anime splurges), R-Flix & Mutant Sorority (For my naughty grown up urges), Vintage Sci-Fi Classics (for my old school nerd fixes), Several random Cult & Horror Movie/TV classic channels (just cuz you know I gotta), and Youtube (yeah, it's great watching YT videos on tv instead of the computer now.) So there ya go, those are some of the things I've been binging on since we cut the umbilical cord of cable.

[ 15. September 2021, 19:24: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home