iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Edit Posts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Edit Posts
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just wanted to point out that whenever i edit a post with a quote, the quote kind of goes screwy..

does it happen to anyone else?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It used to happen to me until I figured out how to avoid it. You need to delete all the crazy characters and words (verdanda, gothic, arial etc.) and just leave the words "quote and qb" there as well as the actual words you want quoted, if this makes any sense to you. When you are done, click "preview post" to see exactly what it will look like on the board. Hope this helps.

[ 23. July 2008, 18:34: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
just wanted to point out that whenever i edit a post with a quote, the quote kind of goes screwy..

does it happen to anyone else?

Yup, like 80sRocked said... I asked this question and someone replied that it happens when you quote something that's "bold" typed. That's what it is.

SO what I do (like 80s Rocked said) is remove all of the funny characters leaving only the "quote" at the beginning and the "/quote" at the end of the quote... Don't forget to close the quotes with []

Down at the bottom of this page (every page) it says "UBB Code is enabled" Click on this link for a full explanation...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had the same issue, thanks for the tip Skip......uh I mean 80'sRocked.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
I asked this question and someone replied that it happens when you quote something that's "bold" typed.

"Someone" replied? You already forgot that it was me?
Just joking around Jdoc... [Big Grin]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the replies all.. i actually already knew to delete the bold stuff, it's just that i never had to do that before here... so the reason i posted this.. was because it was something new that is happening. it never did this before...

valley - am i wrong?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
thanks for the replies all.. i actually already knew to delete the bold stuff, it's just that i never had to do that before here... so the reason i posted this.. was because it was something new that is happening. it never did this before...

valley - am i wrong?

You are absolutely correct, I was going to state that something had changed, but since it has been awhile since I posted I'm not sure exactly when it happened.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just had a quick look, and it seems that whilst HTML code is not enabled 9UBB always has been) it's bringing the html tags through.

Let me flag this one over to Nick, there might be a simple fix....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

cool, i thought it was something i may have done? thanks paul!
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, it might still be something you've done, but don't worry, we'll try and fix it.... [Razz]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

grrrr.......... [Razz]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by jdocster04:
I asked this question and someone replied that it happens when you quote something that's "bold" typed.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">"Someone" replied?

You already forgot that it was me?
Just joking around Jdoc... [Big Grin]

hehehe... look at all of the crazy characters...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

OK - it only happens when you use 'Reply with Quote' on a post that already has a quote embedded.....

We're getting there...

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

yes paul, i should have made that clear, sorry. it only happens when i've replied with a quote, and then i go back to edit my post...the quote is what creates all the verdana font century gothic bold hoopla. [Big Grin] sank-u again!
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
hehehe... look at all of the crazy characters...

Hey now, don't talk about us like that. [Big Grin]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
ok, so we are all clear now, it's NowhereGirl's fault. Thanks Paul
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... Its a bug with the board sice i changed the font. Sorry about that guys [Frown]

I'll have a look when I get round to it... [Smile]

-Nick

PS: I don't mean that its my bug! [Wink] must be caused by something though.. [Frown]

[ 25. July 2008, 09:06: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It happens when i am quoting another quoted post,or even worse:A quoted quoted post..I`m just in a lot of trouble about then [Eek!]

Stay cool,stay 80`s

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by bandit:
It happens when i am quoting another quoted post,or even worse:A quoted quoted post..I`m just in a lot of trouble about then [Eek!]

I once wrote a post with a quote
A person then quoted my post
The screen got all hazy
The post then went crazy
Poor Nowhere became the scapegoat

Sorry, I always enjoyed limericks. [Big Grin]

bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad 80'sRocked [Big Grin] I always enjoy a good limerick.

Take care.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Es ist also NowhereGirl schuld! hehehehe: D

I mean...

So it IS NowhereGirl's fault! hehehehe [Big Grin]

Jeez, I crack myself up... [Cool] [Razz]

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had this happen as well. I edit the post so that it looks better.

Witty limerick there, 80'sRocked. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home