iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What are you doing now since the shutdown/partial reopening since Covid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are you doing now since the shutdown/partial reopening since Covid
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s a Monday night. I’m drinking vodka and watching The Equalizer on dvd. Hubby bought the box set for me last year. I also succumbed to some more online shopping- I purchased a Patrick Nagel print T-shirt from Forever 21 and a peach colored long sweatshirt. I’m feeling totally 80’s tonight! I hope everyone is doing well. My Husband and I have been mainly keeping to ourselves. However, I am taking my friend to lunch on Wednesday for her birthday. It will be my first time eating out since the first weekend of March!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Pitts! What kind of vodka drink were you going with? I too have gotten a little more stuff online lately, including some 80's t-shirts. Jaws, Karate Kid, and I finally got the "I've been to Duluth" shirt I've always wanted from Great Outdoors. Currently starting Ozarks (I love it!) but have mixed in some 80's movies lately too. My family has been keeping to ourselves too, but we went and saw my parents for a week (they have been careful as well). Oh, I've also been watching a lot of baseball and basketball!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since the Covid is forcing me to stay home I am trying to get back into TV/movie watching which I put aside for a long time before all this $hit started. Got me one of those Roku box thing-a-bobs cuz friend told me it's a lot better and cheaper than cable. So I'm just watching random flicks on there since there seems to be plenty for me to watch now. And yeah. getting tipsy watching some of them.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gordon, I usually drink vodka with club soda and a slice of lime, or with the flavored seltzer’s, like Spindrift or Walmart even has their own 12 packs of flavored seltzer - I like their lime flavored one. I took my friend to lunch on Wednesday. We ate outside. We also went shopping for a bit in TJ Max (it wasn’t crowded at all). And we hit a thrift store where I picked up a 7 left handed golf club for $1.99. The lady working the register said they get left handed clubs in all the time. So I plan on going up there again soon, and my friend said she’d keep an eye out for me. I want to try golfing with my Husband and his brother. They are retired now, and my Brother in law wants to start golfing again. Oh, I always check their VHS and DVDs at that thrift store too. I’ve picked up a few obscure titles there before. Glad to hear you guys are doing well. I’m always on Facebook, as Pyro knows and I also have an Instagram page, if anyone ever wants to get in touch.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Instagram too but I'm rarely on it.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

We are heading to camp on Sunday, and will probably stay a week or a little longer, if the weather stays nice. We have a camper in a spot in a nice campground near Lake Erie
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds fun Pitts! I have been looking at airstreams lately, wanting to be able to get away here and there with the family. Just not sure I'm cut out for it. Not to mention, we have three young boys, so there wouldn't be any relaxation! Ha. So can I ask, what do you guys typically do when you go camping? Do you put all the tech aside or do you have all the luxuries of home in your camper? Do you bring 80's movies for rainy days?
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Gordo, the campground is out in the country. We are 10 miles from the Ohio border, in west Erie, PA county. It’s surrounded by farms. I leave the iPad at home. I do get online when I can, with my cell phone. However, the signal is very hit or miss out there. I don’t take any movies with me, as we got a new tv and my Husband hasn’t hooked up the little DVD player I have. I do catch some older shows on a few of the channels we get with the antenna. H&I channel, Cozi TV and a few others. When the weather is nice, we go hiking and exploring around Erie. It’s nice to get away. Airstreams are very nice and hold their value. Our camper is old. It’s a 2004 Cavalier. I think we might upgrade in the next couple of years. There are a lot of families in the campground. The kids I see are always fishing in the little lake, or riding their bikes around. It’s nice to see they’re not attached to an iPad or video games.
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
That's awesome. Glad you are able to unplug from everything and enjoy the outdoors. Also great that the kids you see are doing the same!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How was your great outdoors trip Pitt?

My boy started football this summer and just played his first high school game. Pretty exciting for us. Restarted dungeons and dragons campaign which initially started like 3 years ago but shut down during covid. It was a nice break from d and d😁

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

We had a great time, Terd. Probably heading back up there for my birthday on the 21st, and will stay until Sunday. I’m hoping to go to an outdoor bar right on Lake Erie, if it’s still open. And I’m going to give my friend and his wife a call to come meet us. He moved to Erie a few years ago. We grew up together in the same neighborhood in my hometown.
That’s exciting news that your son is playing HS football! Good times!

thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Ireland it's been very slow. The only place you can eat indoors at the the moment is at home, July 2021 and still no dining in restaurants. If you want to go to a Pub, you have to have a drink outside it and as well as eat at the tables they've set up.

Cinema's are only allowing in 50 people maximum at a time.

There was a concert on July 3rd in Dublin and it looked horrendous, really Orwellian. People were sectioned off into groups of 6 maximum inside metal railings, it was like cattle at market.
They also had a sign up telling people to tell the world on Social Media that you're having a "great time". It was like the film They Live without the sunglasses.

You can see the pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UNzdb5vpZ2qiYAet7

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home