iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Worst Reviewed Actors in Hollywood in the Last 5 Years

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worst Reviewed Actors in Hollywood in the Last 5 Years
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In April 2016, a list of actors and actresses who appeared in the most consistent poorly-received movies within the past 5 years was revealed according to Metacritic. Here is their list:

WORST ACTORS
1. Rob Schneider
2. Adam Sandler
3. Ashton Kutcher
4. Kevin James
5. Taylor Lautner
6. Cuba Gooding, Jr.
7. Hayden Christensen
8. Gerard Butler
9. Charlie Sheen
10. Jason Statham
11. Vince Vaughn
12. Sylvester Stallone
13. Christian Slater
14. Josh Hartnett
15. Nicolas Cage

WORST ACTRESSES
1. Jennifer Love Hewitt
2. Jessica Alba
3. Katherine Heigl
4. Denise Richards
5. Alicia Silverstone
6. Megan Fox
7. Jessica Biel
8. Jennifer Lopez
9. Lindsay Lohan
10. Sarah Jessica Parker
11. Sharon Stone
12. Salma Hayek
13. Mila Kunis
14. Cameron Diaz
15. Halle Berry

Do you agree with their choices?

Posts: 4125 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could also call these lists "Actors and Actresses with the Worst Agents." Because it could be that too in some cases. [Smile]

Seriously, on the actors list, Cuba Gooding, Jr. is not a bad actor. It's just post-Jerry McGuire his choice of projects has been terrible. Statham has appeal in his lane as an action star. He'll never win an Oscar, but he's good at what he does. Vince Vaughn, a decent enough actor, over the years has gotten fairly lazy and phones in a lot of performances these days. Stallone is a good actor who has been in a lot of turkeys over the years. Slater and Hartnett are also pretty good actors, who fair much better on TV--Slater on Mr. Robot and Hartnett on Penny Dreadful. And you could write a book about the life and films of Nic Cage, a really fine actor and the best one of this list, who because of his poor financial dealings, will do any script at all for money. Butler is sort of like a low-rent Cage. He's a good actor with some range, but his choice of projects is poor. The rest of the folks belong on the list.

As for actresses, Love Hewitt, Silverstone, Parker, and Lopez are better TV actresses than film actresses. Sharon Stone is perhaps underrated, but again, she never was picky about good projects. Hayek, Berry, and Kunis are in that same boat--once an Oscar/Golden Globe nominee but poor choice of films. Cameron Diaz has some big-screen appeal, but her choice of films has been really scattershot. And then there's the case of the very-appealing-on-screen Katherine Heigl who is just such a nasty person in real life that no one wants to work with her or see her films. The rest of the folks belong on the list.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Nicolas Cage has about seven movies in post production already for 2017 and he just seems to keep going and going whilst grinning like a mad man.

I wish I could have some of whatever he's on [Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to disagree with Statham, Stallone, earlier Charlie Sheen, Hartnett and Jennifer Lopez being on that list. I haven't seen much of Charlie Sheen lately, other than a few episodes of Anger Management, which really wasn't that great of a show. I am not really a fan of Lopez, but she is a decent actress, and I enjoy the tv show Shades of Blue (Ray Liotta actually drew me in) which has season 2 coming up soon. Crash, I agree with everything you said.
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home