iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Where are these old time Rewinders? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Where are these old time Rewinders?
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo, so nice to see you back!
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still pop in from time to time but like Devo have to dedicate more of my time to work and family than I could back in the day.

Intermittent noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys. Long time, no post. I have been superbusy with university. I also got married. I just completed a masters degree in film. I would like to share with you guys a documentary I made about a young mans experience with hearing voices. I would love to hear the opinions of some buffs like you guys. I would love to hear what you think is good or bad about it. I would be honored if you guys watched it and gave me your honest opinions. If you can share it with anyone you think would like it or would benefit from watching it, I would very much appreciate it.

Rhaka's Diaries (2017) - Shot entirely on location in Bandung, Indonesia.

https://youtu.be/suBwvGj45YI

Posts: 2595 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bernie Lomax! Congratulations on your marriage, and continued education! I will be traveling by train to NYC on Wed. I will try to watch your documentary then, as I will have my iPad with me. So glad to hear good news from you! I added it to my "Watch Later" list on YouTube.
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BERNIEEEE !! [Smile]

What, you want me to watch the whole 13 minutes of the documentary ?? That's asking quite a lot.. you do realize that, right ? [Razz]

Well, okay.. i'll try to squeeze it in later tonight.

Just out of curiosity.. Was this a personal project, an assignment, or how did this come about ?

Posts: 2121 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernie I thought you was going to do a Days Of Thunder sequel the return of Rain Man

i feel disappointed [Big Grin]

https://youtu.be/jxKBZWqI6jg - Days Of Rainman Part 1 trailer.

Posts: 3467 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernie! I'd love to watch and help out. I'll try to do that this week! Great to hear from you and congrats on all the good life stuff going on.
Posts: 667 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? Still alive after all these years? Lomax is back, again! I´ll check your film this evening [Big Grin]
Posts: 7288 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Hi Bernie Lomax! Congratulations on your marriage, and continued education! I will be traveling by train to NYC on Wed. I will try to watch your documentary then, as I will have my iPad with me. So glad to hear good news from you! I added it to my "Watch Later" list on YouTube.

Hey Pittsburghgirl. Thanks for the kind words. Always wanted to go to NYC after seeing so many movies in the 80s. NYC looks amazing on film. I only hope it looks that great in real life. Will go there at some point for sure. I hope you have a great trip and thanks a lot.
Posts: 2595 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
BERNIEEEE !! [Smile]

What, you want me to watch the whole 13 minutes of the documentary ?? That's asking quite a lot.. you do realize that, right ? [Razz]

Well, okay.. i'll try to squeeze it in later tonight.

Just out of curiosity.. Was this a personal project, an assignment, or how did this come about ?

Well if you can't do it for me I'll just have to take my business to another dealer [Smile] It would be great if you could squeeze it in Johnny.

My lecturer emailed me half way through my masters degree and asked if I wanted to apply for a scholarship to study in Indonesia. I jumped at the chance.

I initially wanted to make a doco about corruption in the mental health system both in Australia and Indonesia.

In researching this, a nurse introduced me to Rhaka, a really smart guy who had a unique story.

I got lot of help from the locals to help me make it.

I hope you like it.

[ 14. March 2018, 18:22: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Young Warrior, you are itching for a Days of Rain Man sequel?

I am toying with a few ideas.

Walbrook Massacre, The Raymond Babbit Saga.....

Any other suggestions? 😂

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by gordongecko:
Bernie! I'd love to watch and help out. I'll try to do that this week! Great to hear from you and congrats on all the good life stuff going on.

Cheers Gordon. Much appreciated. Would love it if you watched and shared. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think 😊
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
What? Still alive after all these years? Lomax is back, again! I´ll check your film this evening [Big Grin]

Hey aTomiK, long time no chat. Yeah I am still alive although I am in a very advanced state of decomposition. Some guy Paulie tried to wack me 30 years back but hey....

Great man, would be great to get your input ☺

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Bernie Lomax! I watched your docufilm this evening. It was very well done. I wouldn't change a thing, other than perhaps if you are able, add closed captioning when Rhaku is speaking. I found his English to be excellent, but had trouble understanding a few words. The doc was interesting, and also shows that it doesn't matter where you live in the world, kids act the same everywhere. I hope Rhaku is successful in treating his illness and finishing at University. Thanks for sharing it Bernie Lomax.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey Pittsburghgirl. Thanks for watching and for the feedback. I ultimately decided not to have captions for Rhaka because I felt that they would be distracting considering his fast rate of speech. In hindsight though I would have asked him to slow his pace down and then captions would have been appropriate but yes I think you are absolutely right as some of his words are unclear.

I think Rhaka will do well combatting his issues because he is very smart and has such an amazing approach to life. I still speak with him. He is now in his 4th and final year of his psych degree.

I am glad you thought it was well done. As I was in Indonesia I received no guidance from my lecturers so I really had to do the best I could. I am very proud of the film but also realise that each project is a stepping stone to getting better and better and realising what you could have done better.

Again, thanks alot for taking the time to watch my film. I really appreciate it and it makes me feel good that other people have taken time out of their day to watch and have enjoyed it.

How was your trip to NYC?

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Thanks for asking Bernie Lomax- our trip was very nice! We went to a hockey game at Madison Square Garden the first night (Wednesday) we were there:'Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Rangers. The Rangers won. But at least my husband is happy because he finally got to MSG. Thursday we traipsed around Manhattan and ended up eating and having a few beers at P.J. Clarke's, one of the oldest bars in Manhattan. Friday we had the Optical convention, and then the after party at BB King's with a band and free drinks for two hours! 😉 Sat. The 17th we were going to tryito watch the St. Patrick's Day parade, but it was too crowded by the time we walked up there. So we walked around Rockefeller Center for a bit, then took the subway to lower Manhattan, and walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. I have always wanted to do that. Then we took a ferry from Brooklyn Bridge Park back to Manhattan, with a few stops in other parts of Brooklyn first. It was very nice and scenic, and the best part was it cost the same as the subway! Had dinner at a nice Italian restaurant close to our hotel after. All in all a nice trip!
Bernie, let us know if you do any new docufilms! I love watching documentaries!

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow. That sounds like one hell of a trip. Got to live while you can. We are only here once.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got to watch your docu Bernie and i think that it was quite ok.
Like Rhaka here, i guess we all have our past demons to wrestle with.

It´s very talky so there´s lot to digest.
The score sometimes reminds me Badalamenti´s Twin Peaks soundtrack and i kinda liked the sfx (the shadow). Overall, not bad!

Posts: 7288 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pittsburgh- Awesome trip! I love Manhattan and still have going to MSG on my bucket list. It's so great going there and just walking around and seeing what you stumble across.

Bernie - I watched the documentary. Congrats on putting together something like that, quite an accomplishment. It was solid. I don't know if I loved the acting sequences as much. I didn't have an issue understanding him for the most part. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 667 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello... been a while. Thought I'd pop by and check in on you guys. Nice to see an updated site and a spam free forum.
Posts: 1317 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
Jay Lee - nice to see you back! Yes, the site is running really well and Nick continues to improve it. Hope you're well!
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Gordon... and yeah, can't complain. We'll I could, but who'd listen?

I see a lot of the usual suspects still about.... that's nice.

Posts: 1317 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Hi Jay Lee! Glad to see you back! I try to pop in every couple of weeks
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey, Pitts, good to see you're still around. Yeah, I'm probably gonna check in more regularly now.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
JAY "The Man" LEE alive and well? Very nice to hear from you!
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home