iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 47)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Picked up on Blu Ray Paul Verhoeven's trashy Showgirls,espionage thriller The Package, William Friedkin's The Sorcerer which I have never seen before and two horrors from the Vestron collection the awesome The Gate and the fun and gory The Return Of The Living Dead 3.

Posts: 3486 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pick ups there, Young Warrior..

i recently got that same edition of The Gate too, as well as Vestron's C.H.U.D. II ; Bud The Chud (1989).
I know it's a pretty lousy film, but hey.. i'm a 80s horror completist, so i couldn't help picking it up ! [Big Grin]

-  -  -

I also upgraded my old region 1 dvd of Robert Altman's Images (1972) to the new, recently released Arrow blu-ray,
plus added two more Altman films from the Criterion Collection to my collection as well, The Player (1992) and Short Cuts (1993).

Posts: 2123 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen C.H.U.D. 2:Bud The Chud but would like to check it out just out of curiosity though I'm not expecting much from it and need to still update my Anchorbay DVD to the U.S Arrow Blu at some point of the original which is a great flick!

-

Picked up a few Blu's mostly horror with the Troll twin pack,The Slayer,The Thing which I already have on Blu Ray but I've doubled dipped as I want the best release of it which I believe this currently is, lastly the Aussie cult Sci-fi Dead End Drive In.

Posts: 3486 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got this off amazon.com.

-

Posts: 162 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Jamey V. That's awesome!
Posts: 2036 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Some awesome movies amongst that lot Jakey V,I especially love Tuff Turf,Angel,Soul Man,Black Moon Rising and Fraternity Vacation.

Reform School Girls is enjoyable as well and though I have seen Night Patrol it was that long ago I couldn't give you an honest opinion on it!

The only one I've never seen is Girls Just Want To Have Fun so I'll think I will add that to my rental list to check out at some point!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up on Blu Ray Van Damme's Cyborg,comedy Carbon Copy with Denzel Washington and the Cannon Films political thriller The Ambassador with Robert Mitchum,Rock Hudson, Ellen Burstyn and Donald Pleasance.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

It's been out for quite some time already, but i finally decided to pick this up before it goes out-of-print.

Arrow's box-set of all four original Female Prisoner Scorpion films from the early '70s starring the iconic Meiko Kaji.
It's an 8-disc set (all four movies are blu-ray + dvd combopacks) in a sturdy outer box that also includes
a hardcover book. (the box is actually quite similar to Arrow's Complete House Collection from last year)

I've never seen any of these, but each time i read a book on exploitation films, these titles keep popping up,
so i figured this box-set wouldn't be out of place in my own collection ! [Cool]

Posts: 2123 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up on Blu Ray the hilarious 1980 Gene Wilder Richard Pryor comedy Stir Crazy plus the Arrow Blu Ray release of Sho Kosugi's Pray For Death.

Also got myself a replacement boxed copy of Ms.Pacman on the Atari 2600 as my old copy had more or less bit the dust!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Latest Blu Ray pick ups I got Arrow Video's Dark Blue with Kurt Russell,U.S import of See No Evil Hear No Evil with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor and lastly the fun action adventure Jake Speed with the late Wayne Crawford, Dennis Christopher,John Hurt and the beautiful Karen Kopins (Once Bitten) also from Arrow Video.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me pacman was one of the best games on Atari
Posts: 1587 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms. Pacman--excellent! Those Atari folks really knew how to design great games. I love playing the old-school stuff.
Posts: 2108 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Several imports from the Uk :

A Pistol For Ringo / The Return Of Ringo (double feature blu-ray) and The Complete Sartana Collection (5-disc box-set).
I'm a sucker for spaghetti westerns, so when Arrow announced these titles some time ago, i didn't have to think twice
and pre-ordered right away.

Also upgraded Last House On The Left to the new 3-disc limited (and pretty much definitive) edition from Arrow,
Xtro to the new Second Sight blu-ray, and Midnight Cowboy (a movie i watch at least once every two or three years)
to the new Criterion edition.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got Young Einstein dvd today so now it´s 500/579 [Smile]
Posts: 7321 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
The first date i ever had with a girl, i was in my early teens, and we went to see Young Einstein at the movie theater.

Well, actually i wanted to see A Nightmare On Elm Street 4, but the girl didn't agree with my initial choice.. so Young Einstein it was.

True story ! [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up a few lately I got myself the Amityville Horror Blu Ray Steelbook and two movies I've heard numerous good things about over the years but have never got around to viewing and that is Outland with Sean Connery and Body Heat with William Hurt and Kathleen Turner both again on Blu Ray.

Also on Blu Ray I got - (And you can tell the sun came out for this second photo)

-

Italian slasher horror Blade In The Dark,70s Aussie Erotica flick Felicity and fun crimbo horror Better Watch Out.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Bit of a mix up so far this last month i got New Jack City on Blu Ray,The Night Before on VHS plus a few Atari 2600 games - Activision's Megamania,Mr Do and Amidar from Parker Brothers.

On order I have Shout Factory's Blu Ray of the 1987 ace comedy Three o'clock high so looking forward to that arriving!

https://youtu.be/sLXIk8n45AE - Megamania Atari 2600 review.

https://youtu.be/3sJubQAXSUc - Amidar Atari 2600 review

https://youtu.be/cFkSOkwp8Zk - Mr Do Atari 2600 review

[ 12. August 2018, 04:30: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up a Vestron VHS of Sergio Martino's 1988 fight flick The Opponent starring Ernest Borgnine,Daniel Greene and Pierce Brosnan's wife Keely Shayne Smith plus the awesome 1987 comedy Three O'clock High on Blu Ray with Casey Siemaszko,Richard Tyson and with brief appearances throughout by the likes of the great John P. Ryan,Philip Baker Hall and Mitch Pileggi.

Pghgirl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37571

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Pghgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up Bachelor Party a few days ago at a thrift store. It has a sticker on the side which appears to be from a video rental store. Darn it, I miss renting videos. But I do love streaming too. I'll be saving this for the winter time and try to make it an 80's movie weekend.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Aug 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Bachelor Party is a blast to watch Pittsburghgirl!

Picked up on Blu Ray Porky's Revenge and Lamberto Bava's 1985 horror Demons plus on DVD The Strangers:Prey At Night which my wife and I did catch at a late show when it played at the theatres a little while back and had quite a fun time with it and also thanks to fellow rewinder Johnny Roarke who gave me the heads up about its release I grabbed The Final Cut UK DVD release of The Wild Life.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up a few VHS two of which I have never seen before and have yet to be released to DVD /Blu Ray and that is Delta Heat with Anthony Edwards and Lance Henriksen plus Streetwise which is from the makers of 1984's Angel and stars C Thomas Howell.

Lastly on VHS I picked up a copy of the awesome 1986 Wes Craven horror Deadly Friend which I do already own on DVD but I do love to revisit some of my old faves on tape from time to time!

On Blu Ray (made on demand disc) I grabbed a copy of the 2018 horror Summer Of 84 which has received some really positive reviews!

https://youtu.be/Lxj0mgS3fRg - Summer Of 84 trailer (2018).

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Latest Blu Ray pick ups I got Zone Troopers a goofy but fun 1985 sci-fi flick from Empire Pictures starring Tim Thomerson,Al Pacino court room drama And Justice For All from director Norman Jewison,George A Romero's Monkey Shines and lastly the 1987 comedy Dragnet with Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like all of those, even the goofy Zone Troopers. Tim Thomerson was perfectly cast. He's so underrated. To me, no movie with him in it could be all that bad.
Posts: 2108 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah I agree Crash I dig him in Zone Troopers plus the original Trancers movie and thought he was also great as one of the helicopter pilots in the awesome Ted Kotcheff flick Uncommon Valour.

Makes me think of another cast member from Valour actually Fred Ward who I think never turns in a dud performance and tends to make each feature that more enjoyable!

[ 14. October 2018, 05:31: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 47 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home