iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 40)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Picked up all of these new on DVD for just over 10 Uk pounds which I think was great value for money!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome bargain score!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny goes arthouse.. although there is only a very thin line between arthouse and exploitation ! [Big Grin]

-

Anyway.. this set includes blu-ray editions of Theorem (1968), Medea (1969, Il Decamerone (1971),
The Canterbury Tales (1972), Arabian Nights (1974), and Salo (1975), plus a seventh disc with
additional bonus features.

-

The UK edition of the Decline Of Western Civilization box set (from Second Sight Films),
which is identical to the region A, Shout Factory set (which means it also comes with
a bonus disc as well as the 40 page booklet).

For those interested.. The UK blu-ray box-set currently sells for a very good price !

Also : Body Double (blu-ray + dvd combopack), The Neon Demon, Everybody Wants Some, and The Killing Of America.

The Killing Of America is in fact a UK release. Apparently, Severin Films released the exact same disc
in the UK as well.. but as the recent devaluation of the British pound serves me well, i could get this
much cheaper than the one from the US.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Pasolini box set! You are indeed a sick man. I love it!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool stuff guys! I think that it´s about time to revisit Crossroads again.

I´ve never seen any Pasolini films but i have a strong feeling that i should [Big Grin]

Here´s what i just got: Night Visitor (1989), The Buddy Holly Story (1978) and The Day of the Triffids miniseries (1981) which scared the crap out of me as a kid [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up Betrayal of the Dove, written by Robby Benson. I had never heard of it.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
I picked up Betrayal of the Dove, written by Robby Benson. I had never heard of it.

Not that familiar with this one Pittsburghgirl but it's got a interesting cast with Helen Slater,Kelly LeBrock and Billy Zane.

Night Visitor is good fun Atomik if you're yet to check it out and the Buddy Holly Story is awesome with a great performance from Busey.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Atomik might be interested in it, as it is supposedto be an erotic thriller.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up on Blu Ray Delta Force 2,Wolfen and Messenger Of Death and on DVD the Ref and Cactus Jack.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What Have They Done To Your Daughters (1974)

Latest release on the Camera Obscura label, limited to 2000 copies.

Blu-ray.com actually did a review for this release, which can be found here :

www.blu-ray.com/movies/What-Have-They-Done-To-Your-Daughters-Blu-ray/126975/#Review

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, I have never caught up with What Have They Done to Your Daughters, which I understand is more poliziotteschi than giallo. I am a huge fan of director Dallamano's What Have You Done to Solange so I need to check it out.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yesterday evening, my november package with UK / US imports arrived ! [Cool]

Driller Killer (combopack) which has two versions, and each version can be played in either 1.37:1 or 1.85:1.
The new 4K restoration of To Live And Die In LA (combopack), and The Initiation (combopack), all from Arrow Video !

Assault On Precinct 13 (40th anniversary edition), which also includes the soundtrack CD

Private Vices Public Virtues (Mondo Macabro's latest) and Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer (30th anniversary edition)

-  -

Five Element Ninjas (combopack) and House Of Traps (combopack), Hong Kong kung fu mayhem from the Shaw Brothers,
recently released in 88Films' new Asian Collection.

The latest batch of Vinegar Syndrome titles, including Taboo 2 / Taboo 3 (double feature, combopack),
Death Machines (combopack), a Alex DeRenzy 2-disc documentary collection, and some more vintage adult sleaze.

Last but certainly not least, I Drink Your Blood, a 2-disc blu-ray set with an incredible wealth of extra's,
and an eye-catching package which comes complete with your own hypodermic needle.. Lovely !

-

Is it just me, or does that kid look a lot like a very young Donald Trump ? [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That I Drink Your Blood Package is awesome Johnny and you're right there certainly is a resemblance there of what could be a young Donald Trump [Big Grin]

-

I picked up on Blu Ray Solar Warriors and The To Do List plus Single White Female and The Boy In Blue on DVD.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Solarwarriors is great 80s fun ! [Smile] I have the region A Kino Lorber disc, but i assume it's exactly the same.

Almost forgot to mention this one :

-

Everything is still sealed though.. so i have lots of work to do this weekend.

This was probably my last package of the year, but overall 2016 has been great, with lots of cool releases !

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Few blu-rays, Dallas season sets plus two 80s films 9 to 5 and Without Warning which i´ve never seen.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Some great pick ups Atomik and it reminds me I still need to check out Terminator Genisys.

I did watch 9 To 5 just the other month (DVD rental) for the first time since the 80s and i think it holds up really well and was certainly good for a laugh!

-

I picked up Hired To Kill on Blu Ray and Streetwalkin on DVD.

[ 24. December 2016, 16:15: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

On Blu Ray The Fourth War,Krull,The Initiation and Cat's Eye.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Whaddayaknow.. i've managed to squeeze in one more package before the end of the year. [Big Grin]

Let's see what we've got here..

US imports include C.H.U.D. (Arrow's 2-disc blu-ray set), The Park Is Mine, Porky's 2 / Porky's Revenge,
The House That Screamed, and Dreamscape (collector's edition), all recently released blu-rays.

UK imports include Happy Birthday To Me (combopack), Umberto Lenzi's The Cynic The Rat & The Fist (88Films blu-ray),
Michele Soavi's The Church, the limited numbered Shameless blu-ray edition (i have No.2085 out of 3000),

and Arrow's lovely, brand new, limited edition Donnie Darko box-set :

-

Superb, beautiful release which includes the 113 minute theatrical version as well as the 133 minute director's cut,
plus lots and lots of extra's, and a 90 page hardcover book.. Sweet ! [Cool]

Here's a pretty cool unboxing video (preceded by the movie's trailer) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8-dNmSnsUg

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Cool stuff guys, my bro also has lots of those new releases you mentioned.

Here´s few vhs tapes i´ve got recently:

The Sunshine Boys (1975), New Girl (1985), Forever Young (1983), Shootdown (1988), Immortal Sins (1991), Silhouette (1995), Deadly Medicine (1991),
Turtle Beach (1992), Flood (1976), The Taking of Flight 847 (1988), Illegal Entry (1993), The Undergrads (1985), Relatives (1985), Joy (1983), Blue Murder (1995).

(sorry about the not so top quality pic)

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
What's that the New Girl like from 1985 Atomik or haven't you had chance to check it out yet as there's a not too bad copy on YouTube I might give a watch!

-

Picked up a few Blu Ray's - 52 Pick Up,Green Room,Ghost Story and Howling 2.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well, i´m not expecting much but it´s always interesting to discover obscure 80s teen films. I´m gonna check it out one of these days.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Few new ones:

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That Mork & Mindy case looks thick Atomik,how many discs does that house?
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
It´s indeed a monster, 15 discs [Smile]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Wow! 15 discs,saying that it's a fun show which I used to love watching on the box but I haven't seen it in years as I can't remember the last time it was aired over here in the UK but it's got to be sometime!
  This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home