iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 38)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] [Eek!] Wow what a score!!! I really enjoyed Star Trek (2009). I didn't like the follow up. I wonder how the latest one was?
St. Elmo's Fire, classic 80's!

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
[Eek!] [Eek!] Wow what a score!!! I really enjoyed Star Trek (2009). I didn't like the follow up. I wonder how the latest one was?
St. Elmo's Fire, classic 80's!

I preferred Into Darkness to the first one, possibly because I'd deliberately avoided all trailers.

The latest one - where I also didn't watch trailers - is just as good.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently purchased The Visit (2015) on Blu-Ray! It arrived today, so I'm super happy. [Big Grin]
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've bought all 8 Howling films. I think I've only seen the first 2 and one of the other sequels. So will be interesting to see them all in my Sep/Oct fest! [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a glutton for punishment. LOL After the train wreck that was #2, I just gave up on the series.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember the first time I watched The Howling 2 I laughed so hard it gave me stomach cramps!

The Visit I find fairly enjoyable and also own the Blu Ray Chloe.

Here's a trailer for Shyamalan's latest The Split - https://youtu.be/84TouqfIsiI

[ 16. August 2016, 15:27: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
You are a glutton for punishment. LOL After the train wreck that was #2, I just gave up on the series.

I know. I need to be stopped lol
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up Clay Pigeons (1998) while at the thrift store, stars Joaquin Phoenix, Janine Garafolo, Vince Vaughn and Scott Wilson.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Santa's Slay [Big Grin]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have Santa's Slay on DVD Helen and it's actually pretty good fun!

-

Picked up on Blu - Retroactive,Ladyhawke and The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
So will be interesting to see them all in my Sep/Oct fest! [Smile]

That sure is coming around quick,i might stock up on a few more horrors for a horrothon!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That Clay Pigeon's Pittsburghgirl I've read before is meant to be really out there strange but seems to get mostly positive reviews!

You'll have to let us know what it is like when you get the chance!

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Sure, will do YW. I will try to remember.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
So will be interesting to see them all in my Sep/Oct fest! [Smile]

That sure is coming around quick,i might stock up on a few more horrors for a horrothon!
Yay! [Big Grin]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in!
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] I'm so excited. I hope J2ME comes back for it too!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Picked up a few yesterday on VHS- Zapped (1982), Animal House Special Edition, Soapdish (1991) and Necessary Roughness (1991). Also scored a two disc special edition of The Hangover with the Unrated version and the Theatrical Version.
Today I picked up The Swap, starring Robert Deniro, on a VHS dated 1989, but apparently the movie was released in 1979 using footage stolen from another movie filmed in 1969! Crash, do you know anything abou this film?! TIA!

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Oh please don't put yourself through The Swap! It's an embarrassment! [Frown]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I got Batteries Not Included on Blu Ray which is a blind buy for me,Steve Martin's L.A Story on Dvd And the 1988 war movie The Beast aka The Beast Of War also on Dvd.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

HelenS. From what I've read, it's really bad. I am wondering about the backstory, of it being a film from 1979 using stolen footage from a 1969 film. Very strange! And the VHS cover on it is dated 1989. They must have been trying to capitalize on Deniro's popularity.
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My august package, which includes both US and UK imports, arrived a little late.. but hey, it's here now ! [Big Grin]

- Three new Arrow releases : Count Yorga Collection, Microwave Massacre, and The Bloodstained Butterfly

- Two new Shout Factory releases : Hellhole and Road House (collector's edition)

- All of Vinegar Syndrome's august releases, including Disco Godfather, the totally bonkers Evils Of The Night,
and a Hyapatia Lee double feature dvd.. Lovely !

- Various other UK imports include Eyewitness, Fellini Satyricon, and The Raid 1 + 2, all on blu-ray

-  -

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't really keen on Court Yorga, Vampire after having seen it on TV way back in the 70s. I saw an uncut print titled The Loves of Count Iorga (That's the way it was actually spelled) at the drive-in festival a few years ago, and it blew me away. I really liked it. I need to take another look at the sequel. (By the way, I have no idea where they get such great prints for the bi-annual drive-in festivals. They got Iorga and a copy of Vincent Price's The Last Man on Earth with the title The Damned Walk at Midnight. I had never seen either of them with those titles.)
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool stuff Johnny. I also got The Bloodstained Butterfly recently plus these Hong Kong Legends/CineAsia titles.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering the fact that i was totally hooked on watching kung-fu and shaolin movies on video as a kid,
i own surprisingly few of them nowadays... Good memories though. [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was HK crazy back in the early 90s and it´s been a while since i´ve seen any of this stuff.
These are just waiting for the right moment, i know it will come [Smile]

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home