iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 35)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Mostly horror pick ups I got - The Pack on DVD,Halloween 6 The Producer's Cut Blu Ray,Intruder Blu Ray,Sleepaway Camp 2 aka Nightmare Vacation 2 Blu Ray and my one non horror title and that is the Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin thriller Death Hunt also on Blu Ray.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not actually purchased, more given....

The Martian (bluray)
Arsenic and Old Lace
Dune
Footloose (the original and best)
Supergirl (the movie)
The Dr Goldfoot collection (includes Dr Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine, Dr Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs, and Jules Verne's Master Of The World - all starring the great Vincent Price.)

Coincidentally, the three 80s movies are all from 1984...

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still to this day have never seen Footloose,1941 might have been blasted by critics upon its original release but I personally do think that it is a lot of fun!

Talking of Footloose I've never seen the other 80s mega hit dance flick Flashdance either,I think it's about time I got around to checking both of them out!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It´s about time! This summer we will teach the young warrior how to dance! [Smile]
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
It´s about time! This summer we will teach the young warrior how to dance! [Smile]

I could perhaps do a Footloose Flashdance Combo with a bit of Saturday Night Fever thrown in for good luck!

Not forgetting Fame - "Fame! I'm gonna live forever/ I'm gonna learn how to fly (high!)/ I feel it coming together/ People will see me and cry!" - with the People Will see me and cry part of the song probably being the most appropriate to describe my dancing! [Big Grin]

[ 16. May 2016, 09:53: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul, did you get all of those for your birthday?
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Paul, did you get all of those for your birthday?

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A few more pick ups I got with my birthday money - Warlock on Blu Ray,Frozen Ground on Blu Ray,Raze on Dvd and a couple of very early Full Moon Picture productions -Shadowzone and Meridian aka Phantoms.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another one from last month's package :

-

Dangerous Men (2005)

,..In 1979, Iranian Filmmaker John S. Rad moved to the US to shoot his dream project, a rampaging gutter epic
of crime, revenge, sex, and raw power. Just 26 years later, he completed an American action film masterpiece
that the world is still barely ready for today : DANGEROUS MEN !..'

,..It's a pulse-pounding, heart-stopping, brain-devouring onslaught of 80s thunder, 90s lightning,
and pure filmmaking daredevilry from another time and dimension. Blades flash, blood flows, bullets fly,
and synthesizers blare as the morgue overflows with the corpses of DANGEROUS MEN !..'

Well, doesn't that sound promising ? [Big Grin]

I haven't seen it yet, but i think this may be very similar to the work of Amir Shervan.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And some more :

-  -

Roman Polanski's What (1972), and The Ninth Configuration (1980).

-

Shadows In An Empty Room (1976) with the original Blazing Magnum artwork on the flipside of the sleeve.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That's what I want to check out The Ninth Configuration,it looks cool and has a great cast!

Have you watched the Blu yet Johnny?

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I haven't, no.. but i did check the quality to get an overall impression, and i can assure it looks very good.
Plus there seem to be a lot more extra's on the disc than initially announced on blu-ray.com.

I've never seen The Ninth Configuration before, but it appears to be a complex, mind-bending psychological thriller..
so i guess it will be right up my alley. [Smile]

Another winner from UK's Second Sight Films !

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maximum Overdrive
Posts: 1991 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cross My Heart (1987), Fierce Creatures (1997), Opportunity Knocks (1990), and Splitting Heirs (1993), a 4 pack DVD I picked up at the dollar store. The only one I vaguely recall is Opportunity Knocks. Saving these for a rainy day. It's sweltering hot here in Pittsburgh, btw!
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David_J
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the falcon and the snowman
And one of my favourite movies of the 80s
fx murder by illusion also known as FX.

Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Pittsburgh when you get the chance if you can let us know what Cross My Heart with Martin Short is like i'd be grateful as I've been curious about it for sometime now,i've seen Opportunity Knocks ages ago and think I remember it being pretty good,not seen either Splitting Heirs or Fierce Creatures though.

F/X is awesome david and I really enjoyed the 1991 sequel as well,Falcon And The Snowman is also a great movie!

Terd have You watched Maximum Overdrive before? I know most of the critics hate it but I think it really rocks,Emilio Estevez against a load of killer trucks you know it's going to be great fun!

[ 28. May 2016, 02:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Will do young warrior. F/X i and The Falcon and the Snowman are both great.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Warrior. I saw it back in the 80s. Lately I have had an urge to rewatch it. I was disappointed in it back then but I have been keeping an eye out for it and got lucky the other day and found a vhs copy. Its a cheap quality copy so I hope it works.
Posts: 1991 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something i got recently:

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

If that is the same Porkys with ballbreaker, it is the worst cover ever. Has nothing in common with the movie. :-D its so bad its funny
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I love Porky's,looks great on Blu as well,i've got the Arrow steelbook release, I'm positive that must have reversible original cover artwork on the back!

In God's Hands that's the release we were talking about the other day directed by Zalman King,i know you've just got it but have you had chance to check it out yet?

Deceived is a good little thriller in my opinion!

[ 01. June 2016, 21:33: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I kinda like the Kaki Hunter issue cover art but yeah, the original is on the flipside. I can always pick my dvd version if i want to look at that.

warrior, i´m gonna check out In God´s Hands during one of these coming lazy afternoons.
The may was very warm month here in Finland and i hope that this will continue in june and july.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Few vhs tapes, getting ready for the John Hughes book and that means i have to watch lots of J.H. films too.

Worth Winning (1989), Hello Again (1987), Midnight Heat (1996), No Place to Run (1972), A Taste for Killing (1992), Traces of Red (1992),
Mother´s Boys (1994), The Accident (1983), Dutch (1991), Cheerleaders Beach Party (1978), Curly Sue (1991).

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
New imports have arrived :

-  -

-  -  -

-

Lovely ! [Cool]

RetroDaze
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37432

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RetroDaze   Author's Homepage   Email RetroDaze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most recently I picked up The NeverEnding Story on DVD for $5.00 at Target. The kids seemed pretty interested in it, so that was nice.
Posts: 16 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home