iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 34)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marine Issue box looks great! Bro also got the Bride of Re-Animator set, lots of goodies in that one.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got few vhs tapes this week:

The Sex O´Clock News (1983), The Surfer (1986, Doubletake (1985), Lady Beware (1987), Love and Hate: A Marriage Made in Hell (1989) La Bamba (1987),
B.L. Stryker: The Dancer´s Touch (1988), Small Sacrifices (1989), Arabian Adventure (1979), Story of a Junkie (1987), Christina (1974), Timebomb (1991)

-

Chrome Soldiers (1992), Wild Pair (1987), Mata Hari (1985), City of Shadows (1986), The Patriot (1986), Man, Woman and Child (1983),
Gunmen (1993), Concrete Beat (1984), Amber Waves (1980), The Killing Game (1988), Garwood - Prisoner of War (1992), Screwball Academy (1986)

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I've always dug that Marine Issue artwork,I bid on a large UK quad poster for it a while back but sadly got outbid.

-

I picked up a really cheap copy of this Matt Dillon romantic comedy yesterday,have you ever seen it atomik and if so is it any good?

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have seen the trailer, warrior and would definitely enjoy watching the film.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a few VHS, Atomik?! Ha ha!
young warrior, I recommend Mr. Wonderful, it's a nice film. I picked it up last year at a thrift store.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers Pittsburghgirl,atomik,I look forward to checking it out!

Lady Beware with Diane Lane,I dug that film,shot in Pittsburgh as well,Gunmen,Timebomb also fun flicks and I've always wanted to check out Cannon Films Mata Hari with Sylvia Kristel.

Plus the action comedy The Wild Pair,never seen it but can remember the video cover to it,what a strange combo Beau Bridges and Bubba smith,the movie from the few reviews that I've seen is meant to be quite good fun!

Great pick ups atomik!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picked up a new DVD copy of RAD. $2.48 at thrift store
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Rad is well good fun,great soundtrack as well!

-

Stuck up another couple of movie fridge magnets (stripped the magnet part of them first) to the side of one of my tall and thin DVD towers i got Gremlins and Friday The 13th Part 3 in 3d.

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so need that Halloween 3 one for my fridge [Big Grin]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Few dvd´s and blu ray´s i got recently:

The Thorn Birds: The Missing Years (1996), The Thorn Birds (1983), The Miracle (1991), The Incident (1967), All Over Me (1997),
Steel Magnolias (1989), My Girl (1991), The Doors (1991), The Wild Bunch (1969), Diamond Men (2000)

-

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picked up Star Wars The Force Awakens Blu-ray and Gallipoli w' Mel Gibson on DVD.

Lovin' the fridge magnets warrior!

Nice scores aTomiK! You must have one hellava pile of movies!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Too much kev, too much [Smile]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Atomik have you checked out The Miracle yet? I see it's directed by Neil Jordan and stars the lovely Beverly D'Angelo.

Sounds good!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Haven´t seen The Miracle yet, warrior.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Got on Blu Ray the great Michael J Fox comedy The Secret Of My Success (with not the so great new cover art,why they couldn't have kept the original poster art is beyond me) plus also on Blu i got a US copy of the Scott Glenn thriller The Barber which I have yet to check out!

-

Plus on one of my other tall and narrow DVD/Blu ray shelfs I put up a couple more fridge magnets (minus the magnet part) to decorate the sides!

[ 24. April 2016, 17:01: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang it....love these magnets warrior....where are you scooping them at....or is that like keeping your favorite fishing hole secret?!

Just got Mad Max (original) on Blu-ray...been watching this for a while at Walmart, but $15 bucks is a bit steeper than I like to pay...seen it the other day down to $10 so snatched it up...that completes my trilogy on Blu-ray.

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
The longer larger fridge magnets such as Gremlins,Halloween 3 etc. are from a UK ebay seller called badgebytch and the smaller ones from above - 10 To Midnight,Revenge Of The Nerds etc. are from a Spanish ebay seller called todo_imanes .

Got this through the post today -

-

A US import DVD of Tales From The Dark side The Movie from 1990 featuring Christian Slater,Debborah Harry,James Remar and Rae Dawn Chong amongst others.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woohoo.. just received my monthly dose of imports, both US and UK ! [Big Grin]

Still busy unpacking here, but all the usual suspects are present !
(which basically means the latest Vinegar Syndrome, Arrow, and Shout Factory releases).

From Arrow : Bride Of Re-Animator, the limited 3-disc edition (already mentioned by Young Warrior),
The Zero Boys (blu-ray + dvd combopack), and this lovely Luciano Ercoli box-set :

-

More UK imports include :

-  -  -

Ken Russell's Valentino (1977), José Ramón Larraz' Symptoms (1974), and Nicolas Roeg's Eureka (1983),
all on blu-ray + dvd combopacks and seriously loaded with extra's !

More to follow...

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great choices! I especially like Larraz's Symptoms, which I saw a few years ago. It had been on the British Film Institute's lost/most wanted films list for years. It's excellent. I also like Nic Roeg's Eureka, which had also been hard to see for a long time. Gene Hackman is terrific in it, and you'll be quoting his catch phrase forever. ("I never made a nickel off another man's sweat.") The Death Walks Twice box is cool, and Valentino is a typically zany Ken Russell art film.

You have some fun viewing ahead of you, dude.

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Great pick ups johnny,still not checked out my Bride Of Reanimator but will do soon,always enjoyed The Zero Boys which is a blast!

Eureka sounds good with that cast and Hackman seriously is a great actor,never seen Valentino,in fact I've not seen many Ken Russell movies apart from 1991s Whore and the pretty awesome Crimes Of Passion starring Anthony Perkins & Kathleen Turner which also comes to Blu soon!

-

My two latest pick ups which couldn't be more different if they tried and that is Cronenberg's terrific Videodrome on Blu Ray and the romantic comedy Mr Wonderful starring Matt Dillon and Annabella Sciorra.

The other week I said I now have one less snapper case (when I sold my old snapper copy of Collateral Damage) well now I've got to take that back as Mr Wonderful has just turned up in one!

[ 28. April 2016, 13:48: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Few new ones:

Dangerous Affection (1987), Play Dirty (1969), The Arena (1974), Farewell My Lovely (1975), Everly (2014),
The Craft (1996), Body Melt (1993), Man with a Gun (1995), La Bamba (1987), Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (2001)

-

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The other week I said I now have one less snapper case (when I sold my old snapper copy of Collateral Damage) well now I've got to take that back as Mr Wonderful has just turned up in one!
U luckee duckee!

Annabella Sciorra seemed to be in a lot of romantic comedies around the same time. She was kind of like a b-grade Meg Ryan. I always liked her. Haven't seen Mr Wonderful since it came out, but I recall quite liking it, same with 'The Night We Never Met'.

The cover of Body Melt looks like how I feel.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Not a big fan of the snapper case but I still think the worse dvd/blu ray case design is the eco case with the big holes punched through them,they offer next to no protection whatsoever and are simply pathetic!

Never seen The Night We Never Met but it looks good fun,i'm sure I've had that added to my on line rental list for years now but never been sent it!

Not sure if it's a pretty rare title?

Great pick ups there atomik,I see you got Everly which I enjoyed when I watched it,it has got a few faults but overall it's a fun watch!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it might be a rare title. I had to pick it up for quite a bit a couple of years ago - but it's well worth tracking down if you can.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A few pick ups from the last month and a bit I got - Psycho 2 on Blu Ray, Sleepaway Camp 2 aka Nightmare Vacation 2 on Blu Ray,The Veil,Krampus and Reform School Girls on DVD.

Also over the last few months been hitting those bargain 7" vinyl singles sales on EBay -

-

Kim Wilde - You Came - https://youtu.be/P6Agwu_5J14

Giorgio Moroder & Philip Oakley - Together In Electric Dreams - https://youtu.be/PE1lzqJCeJ0

Def Leopard - Animal - https://youtu.be/ecFPU--vvf0

Red Box - For America - https://youtu.be/mcOA213iIDs

Martika - Love Thy Will Be Done - https://youtu.be/10V_Z0_udjg

Then Jericho - The Motive - https://youtu.be/KHalaTjvxyM

-

Kim Wilde - Rage To Love - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x433l_kim-wilde-rage-to-love_music

A-ha - Stay On These Roads - https://youtu.be/nWey1DBAchM

Alvin Stardust - I Feel Like Buddy Holly - https://youtu.be/rfvniO-DWZ8

Def Leppard - Love Bites - https://youtu.be/0T1IVyXBGjM

Kim Wilde - Never Trust A Stranger - https://youtu.be/jWfXb_9iQZM

Def Leppard - Armageddon It - https://youtu.be/urNFQw8VIvA

[ 10. May 2016, 09:14: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home