iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 27)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
April Fool
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37390

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for April Fool   Email April Fool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Once Bitten and Adventures in Babysitting.
I just bought Arthur on DVD.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty poison with Anthony Perkins and Tuesday weld looks good atomik,you'll have to let us know what it is like,just checked it out on imdb and it gets some really great reviews!

Great pick ups also terd,never seen campus man,high school usa or age isn't everything but own gotcha,once bitten and adventures in babysitting which I think are all really awesome!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will report, warrior.

Yeah, great stuff there, Terd! Have all those except i´ve never even heard of Age isn´t Everything.
Just watched the trailer and it looks like fun little film.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur was great. I wonder if its held up well after all these yrs. Pretty Poison? That's a new one to me.

High school USA is full of recognizable actors. That alone makes it fun to watch. I noticed also that the license plates are Missouri which is where I live so I am very curious as to where they filmed it.

Age isn't everything is actually a early 90s film. It looks like it is similar to Vice Versa and other switcheroo movies like that.

Just picked up Dragnet on VHS original release date and in great condition. Loved it back in the day.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another estate sale find today. The Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit. Comes with parts 1, 2,and 3 plus a camp diary and a dvd with production footage from the infinished Sleepaway Camp 4. Cost $4
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice score Terd!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terd.. if that's the old Anchor Bay set you're talking about, it sure is one hell of a bargain ! [Smile]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Terd.. if that's the old Anchor Bay set you're talking about, it sure is one hell of a bargain ! [Smile] [/QUOTE

Yes it is the AnchorBay 2002. Is it rare? I thought I was gonna get it for $2 but the lady gave it another look and asked if I would give $4. I thought it was worth more than that so I didn't hesitate with a "yes". Estate sales are great places to pick up collectables. Sometimes the houses smell though. I sometimes feel like Mrs Griswold when she opens the door to the tent at Kamp Komfort.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So an estate sale is a residence where the people who lived there died and someone steps in and does a garage sale of the house?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got these recently:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats a great film - the lighthorsemen,not seen it in a while though,just watched a clip of - the roly poly man and that looks like being another fun Aussie flick.

There's some really great Australian movies that don't get the attention they deserve,next one I want to check out is - the big steal (1990) where some lad takes this girl out he likes on a date in a dodgy old jaguar car he's just picked up,I like the look of that as it looks like being really good fun!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Bernie. Death isn't always the reason but it is is in somecases. SSometimes they are downsizing or maybe someone has to go into an assisted living situation. The sales last 2-4 days usually with the prices dropping to 50-66% off by the last day.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Latest vhs tapes:

Lords of Flatbush (1974), For the Very First Time (1991), Porky´s Revenge (1985),
Umbrella Woman aka The Good Wife (1987), Reckless Disregard (1986), Final Jeopardy (1985).

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Love the original porky's revenge art they've used,watched - lords of flatbush quite sometime back and remember very little from it,i'm sure i do vaguely remember liking it though,never seen any of the others you've picked up!

-

Got a couple of cheap DVDs - the Seann William Scott comedy drama - just before i go which I really enjoyed when I first watched it a few months back and the killer wasp horror - stung,also picked up a Rambo 3 fridge magnet and the Atari 2600 game - freeway - https://youtu.be/4xzU1rmyGXs.

-

Put up a couple more fridge magnets (remove the magnet strip first before sticking them down) to the side of my DVD shelf,not a great photo but the new one's added are - death wish 2,Halloween 2 and the firestarter.

[ 13. December 2015, 11:59: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love those fridge magnets, Warrior ! [Smile]

I have just received my last big package of the year, loaded with imports from the US as well as the UK.

I will report later with titles and details.. too busy unpacking now ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
This last week I've ordered a few films (used the site sponsor link on each purchase bar one which i hope helps a little),I've actually spent some of my Christmas money in advance as each year my father gives me some money to spend,just got to hope now that he holds up his end of the bargain and that I don't end up with boxer shorts and socks instead otherwise i'm going to be out of pocket by a large chunk of change! [Big Grin]

-

Been wanting to upgrade to blu from my cardboard snapcase dvd for - hard kill for ages but here in the UK it's only available as part of a boxset which contains a few titles I already own,the us import was quite expensive so I opted for the Australian import which was reasonably priced.

-

also upgraded from my old DVD to blu ray for this underatted 1993 George A. Romero Stephen king adaption - the dark half from the awesome us label - scream factory. (I know I collect posters but this is just an image from the net,would like it though as I think it looks pretty cool!)

-

Also on blu ray import from Australia is the enjoyable 1992 wesley snipes action flick - passenger 57,I only currently own this on vhs and as the blu ray was reasonably priced (same as hard to kill between 6- 7 UK pounds) I thought it was time to upgrade.

-

On blu ray (us import-all regions) I have upgraded from my DVD copy of the excellent John carpenter Stephen king adaption of - Christine,I've heard it looks awesome on blu!

-

Purchased a DVD copy of the 1986 renny Harlin movie - born American (or artic heat as it's known as here in the UK,I have the vhs) from a seller on eBay,not sure which international version it is but it's got the identical cover as this so if anyone can recognise the language I'd be grateful,luckily I've checked up and all versions come with an English audio track.

Got a couple of others but I'll put up pics later,none of these have arrived yet but when they do I'll put up proper cover pics of them.

[ 19. December 2015, 10:43: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like French to me.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Sounds like French to me.

-

Cheers Bernie I think your spot on buddy as I just found this full cover scan of it and when enlarged shows the French flag on the back of it,damn it I was hoping it was the finish version as its the only version in wide-screen,never mind I paid really cheap for it so I shouldn't be too fuzzy!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Here´s the finnish version with the original cover art: http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/9391.html#000000

Just checked and there are still few of those on sale in the "finnish ebay" Huuto.net

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
http://www.huuto.net/kohteet/jaatava-polte-orenny-harlin-leikkaamaton-34315/387928711 - for some reason atomik when I went to register it would not recognise my uk postal code,pity as it seems to be at a pretty decent price - 6.50 Euros for the dvd + 7.95 or less Euros postage that's if I've read it correctly so when converted to UK pounds its just under 11 uk pounds which is a pretty good deal for a fairly rare film especially here in the UK.

I found this English review of the Finnish disc - http://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4506&view=next

Not all is lost though I'll just have to make do with the French full screen disc for now,i'm sure I'll survive [Big Grin]

[ 20. December 2015, 15:17: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Atomik how high is the cost of living in Finland,do you actually live in the helsinki area as a few years back I actually thought of taking my family on a trip there but was put off by what I'd read and had seen about the high costs of every day living,in the end I opted for Vienna Austria which also had a bit of a rep for being expensive but I found it to be way cheaper than my capital city of London.

I found this quite recent video on YouTube http://youtu.be/0WDjYtg7c1g and the prices do seem a bit scary but the guy is in a hotel so i'd imagine that they'd be higher but he is saying that they are about the same as the sort of prices that you'd expect to pay on the street.

Surely not,a small Pringles for 3 euro [Eek!] [Big Grin]

[ 21. December 2015, 02:00: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Here's some new stuff from my latest package :

-  -  -

Kino Lorber titles, all recently released, include Modern Girls (1986), Heart Of Midnight (1989),
The Siege Of Firebase Gloria (1989), and my personal favorite Bobbie Jo & The Outlaw (1976) :

-

Kino joined forces with Scorpion Releasing for this one, and i'm very happy it's gotten some positive reviews :
www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bobbie-Jo-and-the-Outlaw-Blu-ray/121053/#Review

I love Bobbie Jo & The Outlaw ! [Smile]

More new stuff soon to follow.. much more.. [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
The siege of firebase Gloria I have wanted to watch for ages,when you get chance johnny if you could let us know what it is like I would be very grateful!

Not seen - modern girls for a while but do remember enjoying it,haven't seen either - heart of midnight or - bobby jo but they both look interesting,some great picks up again.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, i'm very happy with my new dvds and blu-rays. What a way to end the year ! [Smile]

Nice sleeve designs on those Kino releases too !

It doesn't stop there though.. How about my latest Scream Factory purchases :

-  -  -

They were fast in shipping that Nightmares blu-ray. Official release date is december 22nd, but i already got it on saturday.
I've never actually seen the movie, so i'm excited to have it in my collection now !

And more to follow..

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I actually quite enjoyed nightmares,i'm looking at picking it up myself,never seen zombie high but I think atomik and some of the other guys and gals have though,women's prison massacre looks fun as well.

I'd like to pick up the scream double bill of - dungeonmaster and eliminators,never seen dungeonmaster but eliminators was a lot of fun!

Also like to upgrade from my mod DVD of - the fourth war to the new kino blu ray release and also pick up the UK blu's of - the last embrace,river's edge and cherry 2000.

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home