iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 24)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got these last weekend:

Badlands (1973) Classic film, beautiful flawless snapper case. Five Corners (1987) Foster, Robbins and Turturro.

-  -

Stranger by Night (1994) Gregory Dark thriller. Fair Game (1995) Sometimes you need this kind of dumb action.

-  -

Rage (1995) Pepin/Merhi b-actioner with Gary Daniels.

-

Lone Star (1996) Very good John Sayles film, beautiful flawless snapper case. Deathline (1997) Hauer & Dacascos.

-  -

Plus Merchant of Death (1997) Michael Pare actioner & China Strike Force (2000).

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New stuff part 10453:

Doctor´s Wives (1971)

-

Walking Tall 1-3 (1973, 1975, 1977)

-

The End (1978)

-

Heated Vengeance (1985)

-

Plus tv-miniseries Lady Boss (1992)

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The end with burt reynolds and dom deluise,I always liked that one but have not seen it in a seriously long time,heated vengeance I have the old cbs fox UK video of that,I thought it weren't to bad overall and was pretty entertaining.

Never seen any of the walking tall films but would like to and doctors wife's sounds cool with crenna and Hackman in the cast and I just spotted George gaynes as well,sounds fun!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Due to the positive ratings from several Rewinders, I purchased Hound of the Baskervilles.
Also scored brand new vhs copies of Splash and Robocop. The Robocop is an original release from 1987. Got them for $1 Each

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know that there were three parts to Walking Tall! I remember watching The End at my Aunt's house. We were at a party there, and the adults were all "partying" while I was in the family room watching tv. This movie cracked me up.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've got an over the door metal coat hanger in my bedroom and have started to decorate it with a few movie fridge magnets of films that I like,there only a couple of UK pounds maximum and add to what would otherwise be a pretty dull feature!

Pics not that good as it's dark here now so I'm coping with just the room light so if your having any trouble making them out,so far I have - an American werewolf in London,class of 1984,slaughter high,cobra and Halloween 3 season of the witch.

-

And a few blu rays/DVDs that I've picked up over the last 6 weeks or so,the DVDs for the 4 come to 10 UK pounds which is not bad at all and Scrooged was 5 UK pounds and 1941 on blu was only 4 pounds,so pretty good value there as well!

Also picked up a UK quad poster for psycho 3 which I have had delivered to me a few days back but am yet to check out so when I do I'll put up a PIC of that also.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Due to the positive ratings from several Rewinders, I purchased Hound of the Baskervilles.
Also scored brand new vhs copies of Splash and Robocop. The Robocop is an original release from 1987. Got them for $1 Each

An original release brand new vhs of RoboCop terdnthepoolggb I would think that must be mega rare by now!

-

[ 22. October 2015, 17:54: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youre good YW.
I watched 1941 other day but it never got a good grip on me and I didn't finish it. I wonder if I missed anything.

[ 22. October 2015, 19:35: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Youre good YW.
I watched 1941 other day but it never got a good grip on me and I didn't finish it. I wonder if I kissed anything.

I've always liked 1941 but I know it's not a film to everyone's taste,many critics thought it to be an overlong and noisy mess of a movie upon its release.

Each to there own I reckon!

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neighbors - 1981

I know that Belushi and Aykroyd purposely switched roles in order to (A) challenge themselves and (B) to avoid future typecasting but the movie would have been so much better if they didn't switch roles in my opinion.

Love the magnets Warrior! - Especially American Werewolf in London!

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
New stuff:

Hero at Large (1980)

-

Roar (1981)

-

Night of the Cyclone aka Perfume of the Cyclone (1991)

-

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Luckily my brother pre-ordered the Videodrome set and got it. He said that the 3000 pressing was oop the day it was released.

Arrow's Hellraiser box went out-of-print on release-date as well. [Frown]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I hope my bro pre-ordered that one soon enough...
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:

-

That's a funny picture Kris Kristofferson's got on his top atomik. [Big Grin]

Hero at large,I've never seen that,when you get chance you'll have to let us know what it is like?

It does look good fun!

[ 27. October 2015, 19:41: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, especially if the girl is his daughter [Big Grin]

Hero at Large should be fun and i also expect great things from Roar. I read an interesting review earlier and remember this:
"No animals were harmed in the making of this film, 70 cast and crew members were".

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All is not lost.. I just got confirmation that the other limited Arrow box set actually did come in.. Woohoo ! [Big Grin]

-

I'm expecting it to arrive here somewhere next week.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Yeah, especially if the girl is his daughter [Big Grin]

Hero at Large should be fun and i also expect great things from Roar. I read an interesting review earlier and remember this:
"No animals were harmed in the making of this film, 70 cast and crew members were".

Yeah never seen roar but I also remember hearing about how Melanie Griffith was hurt on set amongst many others,i'm sure the photographer I think it was Jan de bont also had serious injuries,definitely one I need to check out!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Hero at Large.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of it but would be keen to check it out.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

John Ritter was great. Gone too soon
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yesterday i couldn't resist my curiosity and bought Mad Max Fury Road on blu-ray (the regular one, not the 3-D version).

And this morning the aforementioned Black Cats box from Arrow UK was delivered at my home,
but i've already gotten Helen's yell of approval on that one. [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Black Cats box is awesome. Visited my bro last weekend and he also got that one.
The Fulci film isn´t one my faves (few nice scenes though) but i´ve never seen the Martino film so i need to watch that one of these days.

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You definitely do, Vice is brill! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Bloody birthday (1981) - UK blu ray from 88 films.

-

The first power (1990) on blu ray us import.

-

Malone (1987) starring Burt Reynolds and cliff robertson on blu ray - us import.

-

The naked face (1984) starring roger Moore on blu us import.

[ 06. November 2015, 01:35: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home