iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Over the last few weeks I've picked up a few horrors,I had some vouchers to spend so I picked up both - fear clinic DVD with Robert englund which was plot wise all over the place but still pretty watchable and - the babadook blu ray which I've yet to see.

Us Import I got these blu rays - new years evil, mischief night/all hallows eve and - fingerprints which had dropped considerably in price and lastly - killer klowns steel book blu ray in the arrow uk video sale.

[ 17. April 2015, 17:48: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween II - 2 disc collectors edition.

The two discs have a quality amount of bonus features unlike the 30th Anniversary which didn't have much beyond "Terror In The Aisles" documentary.

Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Mischief Night last night and it was really bad [Frown]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mischief Night bad? No way. You could have just paid me the 4 bucks that it cost you for rental and got me to tell you that [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Also got both of these on there way,Hoosiers blu ray which I had been wanting to get for quite sometime but held out for the price to drop right down,picked it up in the end for just over 5 UK pounds which I thought was pretty good!

-

Also picked up a really cheap used like new copy of the collection on blu ray .

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:

That's the trouble guys I'm a sucker for bad movies [Big Grin]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosiers - Team!, Team!, Team!

This movie sticks in my memory a lot because it seemed to be on the previews for so many movies that I hired.

It's not a bad flick as opposed to some of your more questionable picks [Razz]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:

It's not a bad flick as opposed to some of your more questionable picks [Razz]

-

From the man that champions caddyshack 2 [Big Grin]

[ 18. April 2015, 05:39: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Now if you want to talk about cinematic classics such as Weekend at Bernie's and Caddyshack, I am all ears.

Caddyshack 2 is another undiscovered masterpiece of the cinema. OK, you got me there. Obviously I would have to say that overall it's technically a bad movie but I can't help but love it. It really is very funny. I stand by this movie. Thumbs up for me [Big Grin]

I feel the only thing that really ruined the movie was having Dan Aykroyd in it. He is great in certain movies but his character in this absolutely sucked. Minusing a star for Aykroyd's appearance in the movie, I give this a solid 9/10.

I think some fellow Rewinders are going to start coming out of the woodwork to back me up on this. Guys...Guys?

[ 18. April 2015, 05:44: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mischief Night bad? No way. You could have just paid me the 4 bucks that it cost you for rental and got me to tell you that [Big Grin]

It was on tele, I'm not that daft [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:

I can tell by you buying The Collection [Razz]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

It was on tele, I'm not that daft [Razz]
Helen, you're smarter than I gave you credit for [Razz]
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The latest from Alex De La Iglesia, on blu-ray :

-

Las Brujas De Zugarramurdi a.k.a. Witching & Bitching (2013)

Trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISqG3zjZZVk

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:

I can tell by you buying The Collection [Razz]
Now now Helen,if you're nice I might just let you borrow them (the collection/mischief night) off me,no promises though,but if your nice I might just consider it!

On second thoughts I'd better not you'd probably just use the discs as tea coasters [Big Grin]

[ 19. April 2015, 13:26: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

has anyone ever seen the bogeyman,the movie not the person that is.

If so is it any good?

The guy on the cover Helen I also offered to lend him my mischief night and the collection blu rays and look how he acted [Big Grin]

[ 19. April 2015, 16:40: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hahaha! [Big Grin]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got these:

Murphy´s War (1971)

-

Lady Snowblood 2: Love Song of Vengeance (1974)

-
Convoy (1978)

-

Death in Brunswick (1990)

-

Last Stand (2013)

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey aTomiK. I have only seen Death in Brunswick out of your recent purchases.

I don't know if you have seen it but it's a pretty decent film. I remember seeing this at the cinema and got some good laughs out of it.

Let us know what you think of it when you get around to watching it.

Sam Neil plays his role so effortlessly and Zoe Carides is very cute [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen Death in Brunswick before although it was released on video here back in the day.
I hope that it´s a good black comedy.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I think you will enjoy it [Wink]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I got arrow video's blu ray of - the delta force and also picked up

-

Michael winner's 1973 directed Charles Bronson action thriller - the stone killer on dvd,been wanting to watch this for ages.

Looking forward to checking it out!

Picked up delta force blu for 7 UK pounds and stone killer for just over 3 pounds from amazon UK and as I spent over the 10 pounds I qualified for there free delivery.

So if stone killer turns out to be as awesome as I'm expecting it to be I've got 2 great movies for just over a tenner.

Not bad at all!

[ 23. April 2015, 07:32: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Convoy is awesome atomik,last stand was pretty enjoyable stuff as well,don't think I've ever seen Murphy's war,death in Brunswick I'd like to check out.

Sam Neill is normally terrific in whatever he pops up in.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
More stuff:

Death Ship (1980)

-

The Dogs of War (1980)

-

Don´t Answer the Phone (1980)

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Not checked out ninja 1 and 2 yet but have watched both trancers and piranha,very impressed with both blu ray transfers.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I picked up Stuart Gordon's - from beyond on blu ray and the great 2014 werewolf horror - late phases on DVD.

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home