iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Fast Rewinds hayday? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fast Rewinds hayday?
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just gave 5 stars too April Fool! Nice to see you back. I think we need a rewind recruitment! I love coming on here chatting about the 80's...it is always a nice little escape. I live an otherwise pretty normal life (busy being a husband and father) but none of my friends share my fascination with the decade. My wife loves the 80's too and will watch lots of movies with me (threw me an awesome 80's party for my 40th birthday a couple years back...and bless her heart, is supportive of my 80's room) but not a giant fan like me! Here's to a new hey day!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
April Fool
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37390

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for April Fool   Email April Fool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KevDug- it's me....Lisa/Isis....you know me from way back when. I had to get a new user name because I forgot my password, and I got a new computer and a new email address.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
April Fool
Senior Rewinder
Member # 37390

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for April Fool   Email April Fool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for rating me too... [Smile]
Posts: 86 | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...I knew that Lisa. Welcome back! [Smile] Hope all has been well...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha I just realised that my predictive text changed Duckie to D1ckie. Oops. It's really nice to see some of the old and new rewinders. I'm going to visit Duckie Dale Winton this week. I'll pass on your appreciation Warrior. X
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kev - I like the idea of a recruitment day! We should have a day where we all try to reach out to a few people who were on here a lot in the past and see if we can get them back on board!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you're back Gordongecko! I think most of the people I know on Facebook do check in once in awhile. However Ronnie (Nowhere Girl) doesn't want to rejoin the Rewind or Facebook. She likes Instagram, and she is still watching plenty of 80's flicks, especially 80's horror.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Cheers gord...would love to see this as well. Though, if the others aren't coming back, I think maybe a challenge to the current Rewinders to start at least one post each...start getting some more dialogue going. Also think we need to revisit some of the old questions that have already been asked in years passed...some of the simple ones like...name your top 10 favorite 80's movies, songs, etc. This was a staple back in the day and you could search and find some old answers...but I'd like to know some of this stuff from the newer Rewinders. I'll post my question soon....need to get some shut eye for now. What say everyone?
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys! I've been around, just haven't had a post for awhile. I agree, it's good to get some old topics going again. Plus, things change, like my top 10's!

Ronnie posting 80's stuff on Instagram?

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Gordongecko, she posts whatever 80's movie (usually horror) she is watching that day.
I'll try and think on some new topics to lighten things up in here😎

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
That's awesome! What's her username? I'll have to check it out. I don't really use my Facebook account much, but do enjoy instagram.

Nice work on the new topics. I look forward to it.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I sent ya a private message Gordo!
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bummer Ronnie doesn't come on here anymore. Was starting to become real good friends with her before the boards started getting attacked.

I'm on and off facebook still. Started an 80's/90's nostalgia group of our own with a couple friends awhile back on there too so there's that. Even still have my Vampirefreaks social page active (linked in my profile). Don't really use anything else other than those and this as far as social media goes.

[ 03. March 2016, 18:45: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Pyro, I sent you a p.m. also
RetroDaze
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37432

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RetroDaze   Author's Homepage   Email RetroDaze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I tried checking in here some years ago but something was the matter. I couldn't register or something along those lines.

Anyhow, it is nice to see a "retro/80s" content site that ISN'T dead! I had thought mine was the only one!

Come to find out there are still a few out there surviving still, with devoted members.

Posts: 16 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the party RetroDaze
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

RetroDaze, welcome to the Rewind! There are a few of us diehards still around! I love it here!
RetroDaze
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37432

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RetroDaze   Author's Homepage   Email RetroDaze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
RetroDaze, welcome to the Rewind! There are a few of us diehards still around! I love it here!

That's awesome. Thank you guys for the welcome.
Posts: 16 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just joined this site last Fall, and am enjoying my time here. However, it would have been interesting to have been on the site earlier, when '80's nostalgia was extremely strong. I remember the 200X's as being the decade for '80's nostalgia - it was everywhere - in movies, consumer products like the return of "Tab" and "Garbage Pail Kids" stickers, etc. Also, a lot of previously-tough-to-find '80's films were being released to DVD for the first time ever.

Now that we're in the second decade of the 21st century, '80's nostalgia is definitely still around - but maybe not as much as before. However, we do still see '80's nostalgia movies like "Ping Pong Summer", re-makes of '80's movies like "Poltergeist", etc. in the last couple of years. And, on TV, you have "Stranger Things" and "The Americans" - both great 21st century shows that take place during the '80's. And, a couple of years ago there were some interesting "Garbage Pail Kids" figures, the re-make of the "Thundercats" cartoon, etc.

What's interesting is that in the beginning of this decade, I always though '90's nostalgia would be all over the place, given that it usually takes 20 years after a given decade for people to be nostalgic about that era (i.e., people were nostalgic about the '60's in the '80's, in the '90's you saw a lot of '70's nostalgia, etc.). However, we're now at the tail end of the 20XX's, and I have seen very little -if any - '90's nostalgia....I've actually seen more '80's nostalgia than anything else - go figure.

[ 22. March 2017, 07:18: Message edited by: Nostalgic for the '80's ]

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Compared to previous decades, like the 80s, the 70s, or the 60s, the 90s were pretty non descript. I doubt that there will ever be much nostalgia for the 00s.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems like whenever I look something up, posts from about 2008 come up. I 'd have to say that was the hayday.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home