iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Lease or finance, car questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lease or finance, car questions
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

While I like to help out everyone that I can on this site, my question for all is do any of your lease or finance cars?

What do you find better, and what car do you have? My wife and I are going to be looking at cars soon, and we are hoping to get something that is 4 wheel drive as we live in NYC on a hill and snow = not good to drive around in.

I am willing to hear all opinions as all might have different views.

Questions to answer:

Did you put anything down (money)?

What is your monthly payment?

Has the car been trouble?

Just a few questions that might guide everyone.

Thank you in advance,

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo, I just bought an '07 Mustang. I didn't put any money down, and my payments are $450 a month for 7 years. So far it's been a good car. Before that I had a Jeep Liberty. They go really good in the snow (Michelin tires work best with them). I had a lot of problems with ball joints and keeping brakes and roters on it. Otherwise, it was a great car. I've never leased a car...I think it's just more convenient to buy one.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution,

I have always bought my cars/trucks. I don't think leasing is a good idea because there's no return. Unless, you can write it off in your taxes. Then you could have a new car every 2 years. [Big Grin] I know people who can do this and it's great. You want reliability and space is tight in NYC... I'd go with either a Toyota Rav4 4 wheel drive, or, a Highlander All wheel drive. Or a subaru (all of their cars are 4 wheel or "all" wheel drive). If you're "sporty" buy a jeep wrangler 4 door. They are lots of fun off-road. They just aren't as reliable as a Toyota...

Good luck... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we fianced our car its a 2007 saturn ion and we put a thousand down and our payments are only 300 amnth which isnt bad for a new car good luck devo [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put $1,500 down on my Jeep when I bought it new back in 2003. The payments are $480 a month (paid off next year finally) and it's been a great vehicle thus far. In my opinion, leasing a vehicle is like renting an apartment your not getting anythin back in the future but I know folks who do nothing but lease....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ziggy
Rewind Curious
Member # 6269

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ziggy   Email Ziggy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought one new car in my life, and decided real quick that i hate being in debt. I save for everything now, and pay cash (including for my new home).

I'm more into buying older 4x4's and rebuilding (I have 2 Jeep Cherokees now)

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home