iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » THE GOLDBERGS!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE GOLDBERGS!!!!
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have got to know how many of you guys on here are huge fans of this show!!! I absolutely love it. Takes me back to the 80s every week. I am so glad it is doing so well on ABC and hopefully will be around for a long time.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looove the Goldbergs!!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy that plays the father- Jeff Garlin- is my friend Eddie's good friend. Back in 1989- they came to a local college for my 21st birthday, because they were doing stand up comedy then. They were there along with their friend Lew Schneider (who became the executive producer of Everybody Loves Raymond. I was their travel agent. They had the whole college sing me Happy Birthday, it was awesome. Jeff has been in Daddy Day Care, The Bounty Hunter, and Toy Story 3.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is one of my favorite shows on TV. My favorite episode is from Season 1 where Murry gets Adam his own video rental card. Having worked in a video store for over two years that episode made me laugh a lot out loud!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried to watch most of the episodes. Love the nostalgia factor in it. The father and the young son are the best things in it, with the daughter and the mom, and the goofball older son Barry. I really loved the Ferris Bueller tribute show. Would love to see the writer include an episode where "uncle" Seth Rogan plays the father's zany brother as a ratings booster.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I get surprised every time I watch the show. This week's episode, tonight, has to do with bedazzling clothes. I love all of the characters and how well they mesh together. I cannot wait each week when a new one is one to see what they come up with next!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have watched it a few times, and it is funny and nostalgic. I honestly just forget about it. It must be on when something my husband watches is on. I'll have to see if it's on VOD. It will be good late night tv for me to watch when he goes to sleep. Jessie, I always wanted to work in a video store! They were never hiring where I lived, anytime I'd ask. I worked in a restaurant for 8 years- 3 years during college, and 5 years after college along with another job.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`ve seen every episode as well and really like the show...my wife loves it as well, so one that we can watch together. Same as noted above, I think they captured the era well...some great props for great nostalgia and great character development. I actually watched That 80`s Show as well but I think their biggest mistake was making most of the characters upper class...having come from the ``middle`` it was hard to relate [Smile]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Barry steals the show for me. That guy plays the part so good. He was born for that role. They really have done an excellent job at making an 80's show unlike some movies that just say at the start that it is set in the 80's but have gone to no effort to make it look like the 80's. Some things they have included are cars, fashion, hairstyles, bad 80's fads, home décor. I think Adam F. Goldberg despite perhaps being regarded as major dork is actually pretty cool for video taping all that stuff when he was a kid.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
What I love about the show is it brings up such good memories of childhood, some that you are like "oh wow I forgot about that, that happened to me too". I love those moments. I loved last night's episode where Barry and Erica want to get a CD player and it was like $900 bucks! I remember when VCR's were really expensive and people thought you were rich if you had one! Rock on Goldbergs!
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great show to be sure.

My only gripe is how we bought a complete CD player in the mid 80's and it was much cheaper than $900 but then again we bought it at Jamesway.

Even the Sony Discman D-99 (similar to one in the show) was a few hundred.

Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried to get in to watching it, especially since I know Jeff, but they always sound like they are yelling and screaming, when they talk, and they do alot of over acting. It reminds me of the 80s version of what the Wonder Years was.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yelling and screaming and over acting WAS the 80's.
Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RetroDaze
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37432

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RetroDaze   Author's Homepage   Email RetroDaze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our exclusive interview with Adam F. Goldberg went up today. Such a fun guy and a great interview. It really cements my appreciation for him and the show. Go check it out.
Posts: 16 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing Retrodaze, nice interview.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Hubby and I have been watching The Goldbergs repeats in syndication off and on for the past year. Can anyone tell me where the Father works to make that amount of money? They’ve got a beautiful house and never want for anything. Just wondering what his job was. We think the show is hilarious! I also like the fact that they don’t over exaggerate 80’s phenomena. It’s a great nostalgic show.
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When does it take place? About '87? I've only seen a few episodes, but I'm DVRing it now. One episode must have been in '89 because he talks about "We Didn't Start the Fire". One error I noticed: He says that song has to be rewound a lot to understand the lyrics, but I remember them printed along with the cassette. If it's at the end of the '80s now, I hope it doesn't mean the show is almost done.
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I’m not sure what years it takes place, Jakey V, but I’d say it leans toward the late 80’s. I’m not sure when it will end. I think they will be doing a tribute episode to George Segal (Pops) soon. I wish I had started watching it from the beginning. Might go see if it’s available on VOD for the beginning.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home