iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » So...what's everyone been up to? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: So...what's everyone been up to?
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phanstar, welcome back! I try to check in at least a few days a week here.
Chloe, that is awesome!
I am going to Ireland next week for a 12 day tour, with my Dad and a tour group.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Welcome!

Pittsburgh Girl - Awesome! That will be a great trip!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun Pittsburghgirl and watch out for the Leprechaun's!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It´s all about soccer this summer so even the leprechauns might be in pubs [Smile]

Ah, today it begins and my wife will have a nervous breakdown. [Big Grin]

But tomorrow i´m going to Oulu and see Deep Purple live on stage first time in my life, how about that guys!?

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can i come too ? [Wink]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Have fun Atomik.

Been ages since I've done a concert,too long in fact!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome atomik! I saw DP once, way back in the 80's. They put on a helluva show.
This time next week I'll be drinking a beer in a pub, hopefully.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks guys, i´m sure it´s going to be a great day!

Johnny, hurry up! [Smile]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Google, i'm only 1919 kilometres away from Oulu,
and with the fastest route i can be there in 22 hrs and 18 min.

Damn it.. i'm not going to make it in time. [Frown]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
We had a great day in Oulu.

Local youngsters Temple Balls started the show with their 80s brand of hard rock.
Few pretty good tunes and i´m looking for their debut album to be released soon.

Next came finnish veterans Peer Gunt and i have to say these guys surprised me.
They are much better on stage than on album.

Deep Purple hit the stage next and this was a great moment for us.
Nice mix of old and new stuff. Gillan needs his rest every once in a while so there were many solo spots.

Uriah Heep ended the show and they were awesome.
Fantastic performance from all and singer Bernie Shaw knew how to take the audience.
And what a voice this guy still has!

The event was over at midnight and we headed home with a big smile. Good times!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Sounds like a weekend well spent, aTomiK !

Tonight we have Bruce Springsteen performing here in Holland. It's an outdoor concert in The Hague,
completely sold-out (67000 tickets were available)..

One small problem though : It's been raining like hell here !

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow, that´s one packed stadium. Looks like The Boss is singing in the rain and smiling all the way to the bank [Smile]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Another weekend, another show.

Call me crazy or whatever but i´m going to see our very own Sonata Arctica tomorrow [Smile]
Love this band and they are performing at the nearest town so it´s an opportunity not to be missed.

Sonata Arctica - Flag in the Ground

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Atomik you are becoming a concert junkie though there's nothing wrong with that!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those guys look like a late 80s/early 90s band. The look taxe me back to those good times.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah the guy far right reminds me of Leppard's Rick Savage,give him a frizzy hairdo and he could be his spitting image!
RetroDaze
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37432

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RetroDaze   Author's Homepage   Email RetroDaze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know Adam Sandler was the lead singer of a band. LOL
Posts: 16 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Lol Retrodaze! Hey, I think I'll join your site too! Anything to keep the 80's nostalgia going
RetroDaze
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37432

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RetroDaze   Author's Homepage   Email RetroDaze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Lol Retrodaze! Hey, I think I'll join your site too! Anything to keep the 80's nostalgia going

That's great Pittsburghgirl. I think having a nice rotation of sites to hit up are good for the nostalgia bone.
Posts: 16 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Currently in Budapest Hungary at the moment and just went to the Pinball museum,they had a cool Freddy's Dead,Elvira,The Simpson's and The Addams Family pinball machines amongst others

Pay once on entry and play all the machines for free for as long as you like,the place was packed and made for a good value couple of hours!

[ 28. July 2016, 10:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classic pinball! Love it!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sounds like a great place!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I don't think my husband would ever leave that pinball museum! He was the pinball wiz when he was a kid!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AWESOME!!!!!!!! A pinball museum! are you kidding me! That's a bucket list candidate for the terd. There used to be an Addams Family pinball machine around these parts. It was pretty good.

Did you play them all YW?

I looked up the site online and they have competitions.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home