iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » any one work in a McDonalds???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: any one work in a McDonalds???
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any one work in a Mcdonalds?????? I did. what are peoples views on the company. I hated working for them big time. So under payed.

I heard about a Girl who was told to strip off in an American store, ages ago by a manager who was in a 1st assistant position for the company. It was all sparked off by a prank phone call. The whole thing turned out to be a sexual harassament case. I think there is a vid on you tube about it all.

When i find it i will post it up.

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never worked there, but do visit. [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked at Burger King. It was my first job, and the very first fast food place to come to my hometown. Back in 1986 when I worked there....everyone that worked there really thought it was awesome because it was the first fast food place...so everyone took really good care of it...it was spotless. All of my friends worked there. We use to play tricks on each other. I use to walk there from school every day, and I'd put my uniform on in the bathroom, then I walked home after work, and I always got a chocolate shake. My one friend stuck soap in my chocolate shake while I was in the bathroom changing my clothes...she thought that was funny. Our manager wasn't much older than us..she actually had dated my boyfriend (he was my boyfriend at the time)- he was 9 years older than me....she used to get jealous because he'd come in to see me...so she was always sending me to clean the bathrooms, and clean the dining room.

I remember we all dressed up for Halloween. I was a punk rocker...with a mini skirt and the shirt that hung of your shoulder, and the big earrings and big belt, and high heels...and everyone thought I was a prostitute. But, it was all fun...haha.

I use to get in to battles with the guys in the kitchen...with the sprayer that was in the big sink ..that we washed trays off with....and we were always locking each other in the freezer.

I remember a group of guys I knew...drove through the Drive-Thru in their car...backwards.

3 of my best friends worked there. I saved all my money to pay for my vacation after high school, I bought clothes, and I paid my way to go to travel and tourism school...so I have nothing but good memories about it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He he. Mc Dowells is there such a place in America. I have only heard of it from the movie coming to America. What a film that that is.

I was promoted to shift runner in Mc Ds so I well had to B professional.........a little. he he. I used to mess as much as the others. U know the fly uv things that hang around in the kitchen they would get sprayed alot by the dive hose... a few zapps later and people ended up with curly hair.

I saved up to buy a car, a Honda Civic with the money i earnt fom there.

[ 17. July 2008, 17:23: Message edited by: records1black ]

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is a real Mc'Dowell's. Just having a bit of fun.

Trivia Time - Did you know?  -
The place in Queens, New York where they filmed the "Mc'Dowell's" scenes, is now a "Wendy's."

http://queens.about.com/b/2004/09/13/mcdowells-from-eddie-murphys-coming-to-america-now-a-wendys.htm

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by records1black:

I heard about a Girl who was told to strip off in an American store, ages ago by a manager who was in a 1st assistant position for the company. It was all sparked off by a prank phone call. The whole thing turned out to be a sexual harassament case. I think there is a vid on you tube about it all.

That happened on an episode of SVU that was aired here recently.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
burger king sucks
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I worked in McDonalds for 7 years. Needless to say I have plenty of stories, but I did like working there.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked in McDonald's for a while when I was at college. Not the most challenging of work but we did have a laugh.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first job was at a ROY ROGERS (anyone remember those??? I know they dont have them around here anymore...but sometimes when I go on vacations one will pop up!) I actually liked their food a lot so working there was pretty pleasant. I really got along well with the other people I worked with (there were one or two hard-*** managers that when they got all serious on me I felt like turning and saying "Helllllo...this is a buger joint...stop acting like we work on Wall Street....." I didn't eat a lot of **** for $4 an hour or whatever it was! (which is why I never seemed to work at these places for long!)
I got along with the other people who worked the registers and - and this was out of the ordinary- I always made it a point to be friends with the guys who worked in back (the cooks and stuff). I just wanted work to be like a One Big Happy Family experience.
There was one manager who was like George Clloney cute so I was secretly in loooooooooove with him, but I was like 17 and he was like 25 or whatever. Yeah - it never happened.

My daughter makes fun of people who work at MCDONALDS but I always tell her that everyone has to start somewhere and she will probably end up working at one of these places too some day.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Roy Rogers.

I think all fast food sucks today though, so none of them have delicious food at them.

I liked the Happy Meals at McDonalds though when I was a kid...does anyone remember the little animals cracker cookies that had the "Grimace", "Ronald McDonald" and The Hamburglar shapes?

I remember when Big Mac came in styrofoam containers. I remember when their french fries tasted good.

I only made $3.35 an hour (that was minimum wage in 1986).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAX66_k2qQ4&feature=related

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McDonalds fries have always tasted awesome

I never worked in a fast food joint

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like their french fries, but they aren't my favorite fries.
i never ate mcdonalds as a kid.. never had a happy meal either.. i do buy them for my daughter though. she loves those.
i buy their happy meal toys..just to collect.
but i was never a fan of mcdonalds food, probably because i was deprived of it as a kid hehe.

i too, have never worked at a fast food place. but people i know who did..had the most fun there.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved MCDONALDS as a kid: I remember the kids across the street from me's parents used to take us there about once a week for dinner and that was like Big Night Out! I haaaaaaaaaaaate it now. One day about ten years ago I just realized I hate the "meat" (?) they use for their hamburgers. So if I go there at all (and I DO , cuz my kid likes it) I order chicken or a salad. Their hamburgers gross me out.They DO have the best fries though.

Any other place I love the hamburgers: BURGER KING, WENDYS, ROY ROGERS etc.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy meals I loved back in the day, even the mini chocolate chip cookies were great. I didn't even mind the pizza when they had it. I've pretty much given up on the food nowadays, and fast food in general, but the breakfast is still quite good. I get a sausage mcmuffin or hotcakes ever now and then.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
This is the vid I was going on about. I can't belive it at all. How stupid and bizare to treat anyone like this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UFXeXK3szOk

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by records1black:
This is the vid I was going on about. I can't belive it at all. How stupid and bizare to treat anyone like this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UFXeXK3szOk

Yeah, I saw this tv show. The girl is an idiot, and the woman knew what she was doing. She should have gone to jail along with her molester boyfriend...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home