iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Devo's Top 50

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Devo's Top 50
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

My friends and I got together over the Christmas break and decided months before that we where going to have a countdown of each of our top 50 movies ever. (with 5 honorable mentions and ones that just didn't make it. )

I was different though, while I will stand that Sixteen Candles is probably my favorite movie of all time, I had to come up with a way to order them. So I came up with 1-10 categories like "Rewatchability" "Quotability" "Soundtrack" "Is it impressive if the common person saw it?" (Example: Hamburger (very impressive) 10, Star Wars (not so much) 4) The movie got points if I saw it the movies. And there were points awarded if I bought it on VHS, or DVD, or Blu ray.

When it was all said and done, my #1 movie was Empire Strikes Back. I'll post my whole list also. It was pretty crazy. There were plenty of movies that I forgot. (How did I forget The Professional?!?!!?) But I think that categories almost force the true favorite to come out. It's odd.

FYI Sixteen Candles was 2, and oddly, Pulp Fiction was 3.

It was just different.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll be interesting to see that list, if only because I reckon if I applied those criteria to my list, it'd change so much that I'd end up disagreeing with myself. Especially when you bring the "is it impressive if the common person saw it" criteria into play, because most of my favorite movies would probably score low on that score. I'd hate to have a movie I didn't like as much come out top simply because Joe Shmoe in Hicksville would find it impressive....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting. I'd like to see that list as well. I bet it was a blast going through all that!
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think for a while i was getting hamburger the movie and fast food the movie confused, which one is jim varney in?

i think the movie brainsmasher would score really high with this criteria, high replay, high quotability, not many have seen it, good soundtrack.

is their points added to movies if you own one particular movie on multiple formats, like having escape from new york on laser disc, beta, vhs, dvd, and blu ray?

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Package. Varney was in Fast Food
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks gotta go. i will have to watch both movies, im a jim varney fan and the hamburger movie sounds interesting, i hope its better than good burger the movie.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home