iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » day and night (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: day and night
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have another one to post about. The Towering Inferno (1974).
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kowalski:
Hi do use have any suggestions on films that take place over the course of one night or day. Thanks

Yeah, the 1952 classic High Noon. It tells the story in nearly real-time, just under 90 minutes.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another movie that takes place during the course of a day (and into the evening) is "Phone Booth" (2002), starring Colin Farrell.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is another film that could be germane here. Modern Girls (1986).
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
I haven't seen the movie, but I think there's one out there that takes place during an afternoon, and then into late-night, and finally the next morning. It's titled "Margin Call" (2011).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615147/combined

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Dog Day Afternoon (1975) starts late in the afternoon and into the same evening.

My Dinner With Andre (1981) takes place exactly two hours.

Alfred Hitchc0ck's "Rope" (1948) was shot in just 10 continous takes.

Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?" (1966), based on Edward Albee's Broadway play, takes place one late-night.

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have another one with which I'm familiar. The Crossing (1990).
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Here is another one that I have. Don's Party (1976).
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home