iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Debate! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Debate!
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought reinhold was one of the best characters
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
all right which is the better film

ferris bueller's day off

or

morgan stewart's coming home

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ferris Bueller's. No contest.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zigyma7ik:
Ferris Bueller's. No contest.

Yup
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen the other one but I would most likely put my money on Ferris. That movie is awesome.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morgan Stewart's Coming Home is charming, but it's gonna be hard for any teen-movie to top Ferris Bueller.
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ferris is a classic but Morgan Stewart's Coming Home is definitely better than it´s reputation.
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
just read on imdb that there is a sequel planned for twins called triplets that will star arnold, danny devito and eddie murphy, who appears to related to them.

what do you guys think, i think it would be great if it happend and i hope it does.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
just read on imdb that there is a sequel planned for twins called triplets that will star arnold, danny devito and eddie murphy, who appears to related to them.

what do you guys think, i think it would be great if it happend and i hope it does.

It's certainly the only way they could go with the concept...
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Kelly Preston could go full frontal nude in this one [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Perhaps Kelly Preston could go full frontal nude in this one [Big Grin]

I'm thinking we are maybe about a decade and a half too late for that to be a good thing....
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
speak for yourself paul

lomax, count me in

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i seen this on imdb

which is better tommy boy or billy madison

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
50/50
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tommy Boy by FAR!!!! I think that's one of the best comedies of all time. It's hilarious, heart warming, it's more quotable, I don't even think it's a debate. The chemistry that Chris and David had was seamless.

In my humble opinion, I think that a lot of Sandler movies have lost their funny over the years. I still like Happy Gilmour and maybe Wedding Singer a bit but the other movies don't work that well for me anymore. There are still some funny parts but overall not as much of a fan.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
House keeping, you want me .... you off?
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

24 Updates!

Tommy Boy sucks the least.
| Site Updates: 24 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be somewhat formulaic, but I wouldn't put Tommy Boy that far down. And it is the better picture both in terms of plot (certainly a more believeable one), joke quality (both "fat guy in a little coat" and "what happens with the other guy's brake pads" are among the funniest sequences cooked up in the 90s), and likeability (Farley always did have the inate ability to be liked even when the material got crude--but also give him credit for more or less keeping his films cleaner than some of his peers).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
[Q]It may be somewhat formulaic, but I wouldn't put Tommy Boy that far down. And it is the better picture both in terms of plot (certainly a more believeable one), joke quality (both "fat guy in a little coat" and "what happens with the other guy's brake pads" are among the funniest sequences cooked up in the 90s), and likeability (Farley always did have the inate ability to be liked even when the material got crude--but also give him credit for more or less keeping his films cleaner than some of his peers).[/Q]

Yah but certainly he wasn't clean. If you catch my drift.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
back to school or easy money
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I will go with Back to School although I am a fan of both.

One of my favourite bits from Easy Money is when the guy in the park says something to the effect of, "I was just minding my own business and the kid came and jumped on my lap."

There are a number of disturbing themes in that movie but are used in a very humorous way.

I'm this....well call me when your this....

I am still waiting on the regular guy look to become a pinnacle of the fashion world. Hoping and praying.

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
another topic for debate

marilu henner or victoria principal

which in your opinion is better looking, more talented, etc.

Zigyma7ik
unregistered

Who?
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
all right

twilight zone 80's or tales from the darkside

Zigyma7ik
unregistered

TZ.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home