iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Batman The Animated Series

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Batman The Animated Series
Ducktalesfan81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 10446

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ducktalesfan81   Email Ducktalesfan81       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who else watched this kickass cartoon? it use to come out near prime time and i've been a fan of Batman since 89 and this show didn't disappoint, i was excited about it since i heard about it in Comicscene magazine as i wanted a Batman animated show.

I was 11 when it came out and i watched it religiously all the time and taped every episode. The show was very well made, mature and quite dark as it wasn't just for kids but more for teens and adults with it's themes and all including the solid cast and engaging stories.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Dec 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All these years later, all things considered, this is still the definitive adaptation of Batman's world. As noted, intelligent & mature writing and terrific design (they had considered setting it completely in the 40s, but Warners turned that down, so they compromised by creating a world where 40s styles coexisted with then modern technology) coelesced to make this a great visual delight. Just about his entire rogues' gallery got at least one moment in the sun, and in some cases (Mr. Freeze, most notably), the Animated Series's portrayal of some villains remains their definitive ones. And a terrific, well-cast voice cast helps too: Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., Paul Williams, among others. Although some films have come close to bringing a great Gotham to life, they still have quite topped this take yet.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Batman Animated series and own seasons 1 & 2 on dvd.
Excellent animation, voice-cast, stories and overall feel.
I also love Batman: Mask of the Phantasm movie they did with the same cast.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
almost got em

one of my favorite episodes

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And...?" "I threw a rock at him.......it was a big rock..."
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you guys think of the arkham asylum/city games?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
catwoman was drawn particularly well in this series, i must add

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home