iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick a**, and I'm all out of bubblegum." A friend of mine who works in the film industry in Toronto met him and said that he was by far the nicest guy ever. Gone but never to be forgotten.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I always enjoyed his "Piper's Pit" segment.

Tonight's viewing:

-

RIP

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carl Lipbaum died last week at summer school after a severe anxiety attack.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wes Craven died earlier today from cancer! 1939-2015.
Posts: 4171 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The shockmeister is gone... RIP Wes Craven.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad news for horror fanatics and film enthusiasts in general, indeed.

-

One of the key figures who modernized the horror-genre, and along the way created
some of the most beloved genre-classics a whole generation grew up with !

-

Posts: 2182 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
A nightmare on Elm street (1984)

Gutted,I watched one of his films actually on Saturday night I had the serpent and the rainbow as a blu ray rental,not my favourite of his but still a great horror flick!

The original nightmare on Elm street has still got to be my favourite but I have a soft spot for the likes of deadly friend,shocker,deadly blessing,the people under the stairs etc.

-
Deadly friend (1986)

I can always remember watching the original last house on the left and thinking what an unsettling movie that was,a really grimy affair that once seen was hard to get out of your head,the scenes with the 2 cops one of them martin kove from the karate kid i found really strange as they seemed to be played for laughs against the backdrop of the rest of the movie which involved rape and brutality.

-
shocker (1989) upcoming blu ray release sept 2015.

I think one of the only wes craven horror movies I didn't really take to was 2005's - cursed starring Christina ricci i just couldn't really get into that one and thought it was a bit of a stinker.

Sad news indeed but he's left us some real horror classics!

-

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Actor Dean Jones, probably best known for playing the role of race-car driver Jim Douglas
in two of the original Herbie movies, The Love Bug (1968) and Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo (1977),
passed away last tuesday at the age of 84.

Posts: 2182 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is sad. Watched the Love Bug recently with the commentary by him. Very entertaining.

I'll always remember him for 'Blackbeard's Ghost'.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Frank D. Gilroy

writer / producer / director, best-known for directing the Charles Bronson movie From Noon Till Three (1976),
passed away on september 12th at the respectable age of 89.

Also :

-

Italian sword-and-sandal actor Alan Steel, best-known for playing the characters Hercules and Samson
in numerous so-called Peplum movies throughout the sixties, died on september 5th at the age of 79.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Yesterday, Catherine E. Coulson died of cancer aged 71. Catherine is probably best known for playing :

-

Twin Peaks' Margaret Lanterman, aka The Log Lady !

She worked behind the scenes on several David Lynch movies, including assistant director on Eraserhead.
The Imdb also lists her as a camera assistant on such diverse movies as The Killing Of A Chinese Bookie and
Opening Night (both directed by John Cassavetes), as well as the original Toolbox Murders, A Force Of One,
and even Star Trek 2 The Wrath Of Khan !

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

British filmmaker John Guillermin passed away on september 27th at age 89.
He's best known for directing Bridge At Remagen, The Towering Inferno, King Kong, and Death On The Nile.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Scottish singer songwriter Jim Diamond passed away at the age of 64.

Anyone who grew up in the 1980's must have a soft spot for PhD's I Won't Let You Down (1982)
and Diamond's most famous solo single I Should Have Known Better (1984).

At this moment i couldn't find anything about the cause of death.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Al Molinaro, TV actor best known for playing Big Al Delvecchio, the owner of Arnold's Diner in TV sitcom Happy Days,
passed away at age 96 !

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I hate coming to this thread [Frown]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Frank D. Gilroy

writer / producer / director, best-known for directing the Charles Bronson movie From Noon Till Three (1976),
passed away on september 12th at the respectable age of 89.

Also :

-

Italian sword-and-sandal actor Alan Steel, best-known for playing the characters Hercules and Samson
in numerous so-called Peplum movies throughout the sixties, died on september 5th at the age of 79.

I was looking at this thread at the library the other day and the head librarian (a guy) just happened to walk past and see what I was viewing and gave me a funny look. I had no idea this pic was gonna pop up [Roll Eyes] I almost felt the need to explain myself but I thought that would just make matters worse [Frown]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hahaha! [Big Grin]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
He must think I'm into retro S&M or something [Big Grin]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, that´s funny Bernie. But i know that it doesn´t feel that way when it happens.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Anyone know of any other libraries in town? [Roll Eyes]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

George Barris, designer and builder of numerous famous custum cars for movies and TV series, passed away yesterday.
He's most famous for designing the original Batmobile in 1966, and also worked on The Munsters, Starsky and Hutch,
The Dukes Of Hazzard, and Knight Rider. Barris was 89 years old.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Gunnar Hansen, original Leatherface from TCM dies at 68: http://abc7.com/entertainment/texas-chainsaw-massacre-actor-gunnar-hansen-dies-at-68/1073907/
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Didn't he get run over by a truck back in 74?
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home