iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Ogden Stiers was a fine actor, so memorable on MASH and in Better Off Dead. Gone but never forgotten.
Posts: 2108 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention his strong presence in the Disney Renaissance as well, most notably as Cogsworth, but also with Governor Radcliffe, the Archdeacon, and Dr. Jookiba.
Posts: 2551 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely. I really liked his work.
Posts: 2108 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The DOOR can be closed as well as it can be opened"! Just 1 of many of his great lines in Better off Dead
Posts: 1605 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven Bochco, created of "Hill Street Blues", "L.A. Law" and "NYPD Blue" among many others, dies at 74.
Posts: 3880 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Including of course the laughable Cop Rock, which he's no doubt glad everyone forgets now.
Posts: 2551 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Steven Bochco, Hill Street Blues will always have a special place in my heart.
Posts: 7364 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie Lee Carrington (Thumbelina from Total Recall) and Soon-Tek Oh (Death Wish 4, The Man with the Golden Gun etc.) RIP.
Posts: 7364 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oscar-winning director Milos Forman ("One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", "Amadeus", "The People vs. Larry Flynt", "Man on the Moon") dies at 86.
Posts: 3880 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

R. Lee Ermey

American character actor, best known for playing Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's
Full Metal Jacket, passed away at age 74.

Posts: 2127 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Harry Anderson of "Night Court" dies at 65.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a great movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest was Forman was certainly a very talented director and I'm equally sad to hear of the great R. Lee Ermey's passing as well!
Posts: 3516 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Verne Troyer (Mini-Me from "Austin Powers") dies at 49.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Infamous Swiss film-producer, director, and distributor Erwin C. Dietrich passed away on March 15th.

Dietrich was head honcho of Elite Film and Ascot Film GmbH, best known for producing and distributing
lots of softcore erotica (in the '70s) and adventurous war movies with an all-star cast (in the '80s).
He was also producer of 17 films directed by Jess Franco, and often used the pseudonym Michael Thomas
for his own directorial efforts, including softcore classics such as Ich - Ein Groupie (with Ingrid Steeger) and
Rolls Royce Baby (with Lina Romay).

Erwin Dietrich was 87.

Posts: 2127 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Margot Kidder has died at 69.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Tom Wolfe, author of "The Right Stuff" and "The Bonfire of the Vanities" among others, has died at 87.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bill Gold, Iconic Master of the Movie Poster, Dies at 97.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bill-gold-dead-master-movie-poster-was-97-1111346

Here´s few he did and i can honestly say that this man is a legend. RIP.

-  -  -

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
RIP Frank Doubleday. He made at least two classic roles: Romero in Escape from New York and he was also the White Warlord who shot Kim Richards in Carpenter´s Assault on Precinct 13.

https://people.com/movies/escape-new-york-villain-dad-mr-robot-empire-stars-frank-doubleday-dies-73/

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Danny Kirwan

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist, as well as singer and songwriter, joined the then 100% British blues band in '68,
played on 5 of their studio albums, and subsequently got fired from the band in '72, being replaced by Bob Weston.
He suffered mental health problems throughout his career, and quit the music industry at the end of the 70s.

Danny Kirwan passed away on June 8th at the age of 68.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SUbloyGsgw

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Harlan Ellison dies at 84.
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Harlan Ellison. IMHO he was one of the top five greatest writers of the 20th century - the man was brilliant & insightful. I know he wasn't that well-known among a mainstream audience other than his script for the excellent Classic Trek episode City on the Edge of Forever and possibly A Boy and his Dog (novella that was made into the cult 1970's film starring Don Johnson), etc. - but he should be appreciated & remembered for a hell of a lot more than that.

I was a kid back in the '80's, and really enjoyed the 1985-1989 Twilight Zone series. And, two of the best episodes were adaptations of Ellison's short stories, Shatterday (starring a young Bruce Willis), and Paladin of the Lost Hour - excellent.

However, I was a fan of his literature first & foremost, and I feel that his filmed adaptations - while at times great - weren't nearly as powerful as his plethora of written work.

I remember reading a huge collection of his short stories, novellas, and non-fiction essays in my late teens (late 1980's) and being extremely impressed & disturbed. His stories Shattered Like a Glass Goblin, The Whimper of Whipped Dogs, Soldier, "Repent, Harlequin!" Said the Ticktockman,The Beast That Shouted Love at the Heart of the World, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, etc. - were all amazing.

Ellison's little-known novella Mefisto in Onyx (illustrated by the great Frank Miller) was incredible. I remember reading this slim HC at a library (in one sitting) back in the early '90's & being mesmerized from start to finish. Truly magnificent work here.

I also liked his non-fiction work. His essay on TV, The Glass Teat, was hilarious, insightful, and sarcastic. As someone who didn't even own a TV for many years, I remember really appreciating this the first time I read it -circa 1989.

Posts: 481 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Actor Tab Hunter has died at 86.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Stan Dragoti, director of "Mr. Mom" and "Love at First Bite", died on July 13 at 85.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Charlotte Rae (The Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes) has died at 92.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Aretha Franklin has died at 76.
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home