iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 18)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was the best Bond ever! Suave, sophisticated and great sense of humor!
Posts: 2012 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moore was THE Bond to me when i was a kid. RIP Roger [Frown]
Posts: 7065 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moore was my favorite too since he was what I grew up seeing. If I knew how to make a martini, I would have one in his honor.
Posts: 1537 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put some ice and vodka in a shaker. Shake, but don't stir. And then pour into one of those cool martini glasses. [Smile]
Posts: 2059 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget a tiny splash of dry vermouth too! You're all set then.
Posts: 642 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL! Definitely. You'd be set in a few ways!
Posts: 2059 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gregg Allman dies at 69.
Posts: 3643 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

No need to comment.. it's just that 2017 is turning out to be a pretty lousy year for fans of the Allman Brothers Band. [Frown]

Posts: 2061 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx guys but what's dry vermouth :-P
Posts: 1537 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dallas tv-series and Lucio Fulci films Rome 2033 - The Fighter Centurions and Aenigma star Jared Martin passed away last week.

Just watched Dallas season five and he had a pretty big role as Sue Ellen´s lover Dusty.
Martin also knew Brian De Palma very well. RIP.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jared-martin-dead-dusty-farlow-dallas-was-75-1007947

Posts: 7065 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
 -

No need to comment.. it's just that 2017 is turning out to be a pretty lousy year for fans of the Allman Brothers Band. [Frown]

Thanks for posting. All time great. Really bummed to hear that news.
Posts: 642 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Thanx guys but what's dry vermouth :-P

It's a type of liquor. It's a very unique flavor. I'm guessing some people actually drink it as the main part of a cocktail, but it's not for me. I actually just put a teaspoon in the shaker first, roll it around to coat the shaker and then dump the rest out. I then add crushed ice and two or three shots of vodka. I then go two ways from there. If I'm drinking with olives or blue cheese stuffed olives (awesome!) I add a spoonful of olive juice. My new favorite is with the cocktail onions. So with that I add three spoonfuls of the juice. I stir but you can shake as well. Then poor through the strainer and garnish with the olives or onions (depending on the juice). So good!
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actor Peter Sallis passed away this week, at the age of 96. A popular and very recognisable face from movies and TV shows such as Last Of The Summer Wine in the UK, he was probably best known worldwide as the voice of Wallace in the Aardmann Animation classics Wallace and Gromit.
Posts: 3633 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenne Headly has died at age 62. She's known for her appearances in films like "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels", "D*ck Tracy" and "Mr. Holland's Opus" among many others.
Posts: 3643 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
She was an excellent, underrated actress and always a pleasure to see on screen. Age 62 is way too young. RIP
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Adam West dies at 88.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
John G. Avildsen, director of Rocky and The Karate Kid, dies at 81.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
RIP John G. Avildsen. Rewatched The Karate Kid last night, still a classic.

More bad news, Stephen Furst dies at 63 [Frown]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stephen-furst-dead-animal-house-st-actor-was-81-1014483

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a bad couple of weeks it's been as we've lost some greats there!

I agree Atomik The Karate Kid is such a classic and I wouldn't like to guess the amount of times I watched it whilst growing up during the 80s i reckon it's got to be way into double figures!

Posts: 3321 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Anita Pallenberg

Italian born style icon of the 1960s and 1970s passed away last week at the age of 75.

One-time girlfriend of Rolling Stone Brian Jones later had three children with Keith Richards. Pallenberg also sang backing vocals
on Sympathy For The Devil, and was Mick Jagger's co-star in Donald Cammell and Nicolas Roeg's Performance (1970).
As an actress she also played bit parts in camp classics Candy and Barbarella (both 1968).

Posts: 2061 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Michael Bond.

-

Author of the 'Paddington Bear' series of books.

Posts: 1518 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Barry Norman

21st August 1933 – 30th June 2017

Film...theme

Posts: 1518 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barry Norman was ace I used to love watching BBC One's Film review programme especially during the 80s,here's an entire episode video of the Film 88 Christmas edition - https://youtu.be/J1-Oemf4-ZE

Never agreed with him much over his reviews but the guy had such a pleasant nature about him you couldn't really help but like him and he will be sadly missed!

R.I.P

[ 02. July 2017, 02:03: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3321 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iconic for any film fans of the 70's, 80's and 90's.
Posts: 3375 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

R.I.P the great George A Romero who has sadly passed away at the age of 77.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/george-romero-zombie-director-dead-10811715

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home