iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 14)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwwww...the great jazz harmonica player. He was fantastic. And a good whistler too. He did the the harmonica solo on Billy Joel's Leave a Tender Moment Alone and whistling on Irish Spring soap commercial among other things. RIP to a legend.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up until today I never realised he did the Sesame Street tune too. It's probably common knowledge, but i honestly didn't know.

Just imagine how many people must have heard his music over the years without even realising it was Toots !

Posts: 2182 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Gene Wilder [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

https://youtu.be/BLzPRyMmOGY - we're bad! Scene from the hilarious Stir Crazy (1980).warning contains some bad language.

Gutted! I really liked Gene Wilder and I absolutely loved Stir Crazy,See No Evil,Hear No Evil,Silver Streak,etc and didn't dislike the ones that were classed as his duds such as Hanky Panky and Haunted Honeymoon.

I can't believe I've never actually got around to watching Young Frankenstein which by all accounts is an absolute blast!

R.I.P
[Frown]

[ 29. August 2016, 16:23: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking last weekend that i should rewatch Stir Crazy and now they are both gone.
Blazing Saddles and Stir Crazy are classics and i should rewatch Young Frankenstein too.
He truly is one of the greatest comedians, RIP Gene Wilder.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I watched "Silver Streak" last night. It's still a great little movie.

-

"So long, Steve"

RIP

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alexis Arquette, sister of Rosanna, Patricia, David and Richmond, dies at 47.
Posts: 4171 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have lost many famous drummers recently.

The original Y&T drummer Leonard Haze just died.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/leonard-haze-died/

Yesterday i heard the sad news that legendary finnish heavy metal drummer Pecu Cinnari (Tarot) also passed away.

http://bravewords.com/news/tarot-drummer-pecu-cinnari-passes

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curtis Hanson, director of L.A. Confidential, The Hand That Rocks the Cradle and 8 Mile among many others, passes away at 71.
Posts: 4171 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
RIP Curtis Hanson, there´s lots of good stuff on his resume.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curtis Hanson was great: screenwriter for The Silent Partner, one of the best thrillers ever made, and director of LA Confidential and Wonder Boys, both brilliant, brilliant films.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

American actor Bill Nunn passed away at age 62.

Nunn's credits include Sharkey's Machine (1981), School Daze (1988), Glory (1989), New Jack City (1991),
The Last Seduction (1994), Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead (1995), and Spiderman 1-3 (2002-2007),
but most memorably he played the character "Radio" Raheem in Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing (1989).

-

Posts: 2182 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always really liked Bad Influence which Hanson directed in 1990 with Rob Lowe and James Spader and I didn't dislike The Bedroom Window which he made prior to it in 1987.

I definitely recognise Bill Nunn from above,Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead was a cool little thriller with quite the cast!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remembered Bill Nunn from the tv show The Job, where he played a pussy whipped husband and detective in NYC along with Denis Leary. It only aired for one season. It was not renewed due to 9-11 as they did not want to offend anyone (ABC network). The last thing I saw him in was another tv show produced by Leary called Sirens. I didn't k ow his primary residence was in Pittsburgh, in the Shadyside section. My friend said she saw him many times in the local grocery store, Giant Eagle. RIP Bill Nunn 😥
Posts: 2296 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
I definitely recognise Bill Nunn from above,Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead was a cool little thriller with quite the cast!

Terrific movie.

RIP

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Always loved Do the Right Thing and Radio Raheem is one of the many key characters in the film. RIP Bill Nunn.

More sad news:

James Westmoreland (Don´t Answer the phone etc.) passed away earlier this month and Herschell Gordon Lewis "the godfather of gore" dies at 87.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/herschell-gordon-lewis-dead-dies-godfather-of-gore-splatter-movies-1201870397/

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
If this was a promotional stunt for Arrow's upcoming Herschell Gordon Lewis box-set which comes out next month,
it would have been the best, most hilarious way to attract some extra attention ! [Big Grin]

-

Unfortunately, Lewis really did pass away.. [Frown]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Italian film director Tonino Valerii has died

http://westernboothill.blogspot.fi/2016/10/rip-tonino-valerii.html

and film maker Ted V. Mikels also passed away

http://www.sagactor.org/2013/05/ted-v-mikelsstoryteller-film-maker-and.html?m=1

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Damn.. [Frown]

A book on the films of Tonino Valerii was released recently :

-

Also passed away :

-

John Vulich

Special effects & make-up artist whose credits include Friday The 13th 4, Ghoulies, Day Of The Dead, Troll, Crawlspace,
TerrorVision, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, From Beyond, Dolls, The Lost Boys, and TV series Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Vulich died in his sleep, and was only 55.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Pete Burns

Eccentric singer-songwriter and founding member of UK popgroup Dead Or Alive, best known for hit-single
You Spin Me Round (Like A Record), passed away after suffering a heart attack. Burns was 57.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
British comic book artist Steve Dillon passed away earlier this month.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/10/steve-dillon-preacher-obituary.html

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Robert Vaughn (1932-2016)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-

Leonard Cohen (1934-2016)

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
RIP Florence Henderson (1934-2016)
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

David Hamilton

British fotographer and filmmaker, best known for softcore erotica such as Bilitis (1977), Tendres Cousines (1980),
and Premiers Désirs (1983), was found dead at his home in Paris. Hamilton was 83.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Joe Dever was born on February 12, 1956, in Chingford and died on November 29, 2016.

He was a British fantasy author and game designer.

Joe was originally a musician, Dever became the first British winner of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Championship of America in 1982.

In 1984, Denver released the first book of the Lone Wolf series of young-adult game books, and the series has since sold over 11.5 million copies worldwide (as of September 2014).

Lone Wolf

-

Fawlty Towers star Andrew Sachs, who played hapless Spanish waiter Manuel in the BBC sitcom, has died aged 86, his family has confirmed.
Sachs, who had been suffering from dementia for four years, died on 23 November and was buried on Thursday.

RIP

[ 04. December 2016, 10:44: Message edited by: J2ME ]

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home