iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 13)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek star Anton Yelchin killed in a quite bizarre car accident:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/jun/19/anton-yelchin-star-trek-actor-dies-car-crash

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Joe Fleishaker

Actor, best known as the fat guy in many Troma movies, suffered a heart attack due to his hefty weight
and congestive heart-failure. Troma once pronounced him "Troma's Biggest Star" in their usual bad taste manner.
His credits include Toxic Avenger parts 2, 3, and 4, Troma's War, Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD, Tromeo & Juliet, Terror Firmer,
Poultrygeist, and the upcoming Return To Nuke Em High vol. 2 !

Joe Fleishaker passed away on may 23rd at the age of 62.

Posts: 2180 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Carlo Pedersoli a.k.a. Bud Spencer

Sad news as another icon from my childhood has passed away..

Man, did i love watching Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies when i was still a kid !
Good ol' Bud, the star of numerous spaghetti westerns and more family friendly action films,
is no longer with us. He passed away today at the age of 86.

-  -

Successful as an athlete at the Olympics in the 1950s, successful as an actor with a career spanning 7 decades,
and later on, also successful as clothing designer, he still enjoyed superstar-status in Italy and especially Germany,
even to this day !

-

Bud says farewell ! [Frown]

[ 27. June 2016, 16:36: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2180 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not seen many Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies but I was lucky enough to watch one in the theatres as a youngster and that was Watch Out Were Mad,it was in the early 80s so a few years after it's original release.

A kids matinee at my local cinema and they had the likes of Herbie Goes Bananas,Pete's Dragon,Condorman,Popeye,Watch Out Were Mad etc all of which I watched.

I can remember really enjoying Watch Out Were Mad and would love to watch it again after all these years!

https://youtu.be/4XVTfTmuHi4

Sad news about Big Bud

[Frown]

[ 29. June 2016, 06:31: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only Hill/Spencer film i saw back in the day was Who Finds a Friend Finds a Treasure (1981).
It was good silly fun.

So i´m not a big fan but i know that there´s lots of cinemaniacs who dig their stuff. RIP Bud.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Ah yes, it's still easy to see why movies such as Watch Out We're Mad and Who Finds A Friend Finds A Treasure
appealed so much to kids. Back when i was young i used to watch stuff like Odds And Evens (1978), Go For It (1983),
and Double Trouble (1984) over and over again. Unfortunately i don't own any of these on dvd today.
I do have the Flatfoot movies and even an original poster for Spencer's Aladdin (1986).

They Call Me Trinity (1970), Trinity Is Still My Name (1971), and The Five Man Army (1969, written by Dario Argento)
are classic spaghetti westerns, and let's not forget he also played the character nicknamed "God"
in Argento's Four Flies On Grey Velvet (1971) !

Lots of tribute videos already out there on Youtube, most of them originate from Germany (not surprisingly).

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We rented every Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movie we could get our hands on back in the day. They were an integral part of my childhood. I even remember seeing one of their movies in a Portuguese cinema back in the day! Loved loved loved them. You always got straight up mindless fun. This is sad news indeed.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was one of my childhood idols, so this was a sad loss, but 86 is a good run with a long cinematic legacy behind him.
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bud Spencer, an underrated talent for sure, but still beloved the world over. Gone but not forgotten...
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Cimino, Oscar-winning director of The Deer Hunter and later the infamous Heaven's Gate, passes away at 77.
Posts: 4141 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RetroDaze
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37432

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RetroDaze   Author's Homepage   Email RetroDaze   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Star Trek star Anton Yelchin killed in a quite bizarre car accident:

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/jun/19/anton-yelchin-star-trek-actor-dies-car-crash

That was a pretty crazy accident. Sounded like some investigation into a recall on his vehicle may turn up a reason for it.
Posts: 16 | From: Ohio | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Leo Logan:
Michael Cimino, Oscar-winning director of The Deer Hunter and later the infamous Heaven's Gate, passes away at 77.

-

Sad news indeed. Let's not forget he also did Thunderbolt And Lightfoot, Year Of The Dragon, and The Sicilian.

I like The Deer Hunter, especially those typical "Americana" scenes (most notably the part before they go to Vietnam).
For some reason i always seem to connect those early scenes from The Deer Hunter to certain Bruce Springsteen lyrics.

Another one gone in 2016.. [Frown]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Michael Cimino. The Deer Hunter is one of my favorite movies.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Robin Hardy

British filmmaker, best known for directing the horror classic The Wicker Man (1973), passed away at age 86.

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garry Marshall, director of Pretty Woman and The Princess Diaries, as well as creator of Happy Days and Mork & Mindy, passed away at age 81.
Posts: 4141 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
RIP Garry Marshall. The man who gave us The Flamingo Kid.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Coincidentally i watched Marshall's Overboard (1987) just two days before he passed away. [Frown]
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
I even watched The Other Sister (1999) on Netflix a few hours before I found out about his passing too.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
RIP David Huddleston from The Big Lebowski, Blazing Saddles and Santa Claus: The Movie.
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Arthur Hiller, director of Love Story, The Hospital, Silver Streak, The In-Laws and Outrageous Fortune among many others, passes away at 92.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I need to check out Love Story or Hiller´s sidestep to horror, Nightwing soon.

Fyvush Finkel also passed away. Everyone remembers him from Picket Fences. He had small role also in Brighton Beach Memoirs.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur Hiller, while not a master film stylist by any means, did a sturdy, workmanlike job on each of the films you mentioned Leo. I love The Hospital and The In-Laws, which is still one of the funniest movies ever. Silver Streak is very entertaining too.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I have pre-ordered The In-Laws Criterion blu. Already own the dvd and have seen the film, fun stuff indeed and so is Silver Streak. Haven´t seen The Hospital.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Kenneth George "Kenny" Baker
24 August 1934 – 13 August 2016

"I know I'm a bit late with this, but my sadness is profound and no words seemed adequate to convey what we collectively and I personally have lost with the passing of my dear friend Kenny Baker. Kenny and I became fast friends the first time we met and formed a lifelong bond after realizing that we had so much in common. Although people liked to contrast the difference in our heights, we found we shared many of the same struggles, from finding clothes, driving cars, and fitting in airplane seats to health issues and the ever constant stares of strangers; we understood each other on a level that few others can. I am so very glad I got to spend time with him in London earlier this month. His talent and his wicked sense of humor never diminished even as his health did. Ever the showman, Kenny was always eager to meet his fans. In the decades we knew each other, I never met anyone who enjoyed the public more. For all the joy he brought this world on screen and off I give my thanks, and a final farewell to my little friend with the giant heart who's gone to soon. Rest in Peace Kenny."

Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew (Chewbacca.com)

[Frown]

RIP

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Toots Thielemans

Renowned jazz musician from Belgium, best known for playing the harmonica, passed away at age 94.

Thielemans (who still did live performances up till 2014) also contributed to movie soundtracks, including
Midnight Cowboy (1969), The Getaway (1972), Turks Fruit (1973), The Sugarland Express (1974), Arthur (1981),
Fried Green Tomatoes (1991), French Kiss (1995), and How Stella Got Her Groove Back (1998).

Theme from Midnight Cowboy : www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOZYT8nX2X4

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home