iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Maurice White. Earth Wind & Fire is one band i need to get more familiar with.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Frank finlay and sir terry wogan.

A few celebrities that I know off that have passed this last month that I think deserve a mention on here - radio presenter and TV host - sir terry wogan who was a commentator of the Eurovision song contest for many a year who died aged 77 on January 31st 2016.

British actor frank finlay who died aged 89 on January 30th 2016 who had a very long and distinguished career,I personally always remember him from tobe Hopper's terrific - lifeforce .

-

Colin vearncombe

Lastly singer and songwriter - Colin vearncombe - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3418256/Singer-Black-best-known-1987-worldwide-hit-Wonderful-Life-dies-aged-54-car-accident.html who was behind the 1987 track - it's a wonderful life amongst others died on the 26th of January 2016.

https://youtu.be/7kE3my5h74I - a great track from 1987 by Colin vearncombe (black) - it's a wonderful life.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vanity dies at 57, RIP. http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/16/entertainment/vanity-denise-matthews-dead/
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's sad news about - vanity,she was great in - 52 pick up and - action Jackson,looked beautiful at the time as well!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awe...sad to hear about Vanity. *I've never seen 52 Pick-up...I'll try to track this down. RIP
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

52 pick is great kevdug I even own the original UK cinema poster to it (above) so I definitely rate it,roy scheider (jaws) is really great in it also!

One last thing is I thought I'd warn you it's pretty sleazy in places ( not that there's anything wrong with that ) just that I didn't want you to watch it in the wrong company,say you invite the in-laws round or something [Big Grin] and then to end up with you wanting to kill me!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice little warning there warrior, you definitely want to watch it one alone kev [Cool] 52 Pick-Up just rocks!

Anyone seen the ´91 Vanity film Neon City? I have the vhs tape but i´ve yet to see the movie.

-

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet...thanks warrior and aTomiK. Now I REALLY want to watch it [Eek!] (never actually heard of this one). What year was this movie out guys? Yes...I know I can look it up...I'm engaging in dialogue here!!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Never seen - neon city atomik but it looks pretty cool,especially with michael ironside in it.

52 pick - up came out in 1986 kevdug,here's the trailer to it - https://youtu.be/7GpvpJ63Dnk - it came out on blu ray last year and I'm not sure how expensive it is but if you see it going cheap it's well worth the - pick up,just don't pay 52 bucks for it or it will be a 52 pick - up

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Great...thanks warrior. A reminder of just how beautiful Vanity is [Frown] *On a side note, man oh man....that voice over in the trailer...great memories just hearing his voice!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

The great George gaynes of - police academy fame has sadly passed away at the great old age of 98.

What was that show like - punky brewster? Seemed to be pretty popular as it run for 4 seasons!

[ 17. February 2016, 15:00: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And in the early 80s, Gaynes more seriously hunted after Luke and Laura on General Hospital as Frank Smith, showing he could handle dramatic roles as well--but for me, he'll always be the hapless Commandant Lasard above all else, leaving us wondering how the man got his badge in the first place.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Andrzej Zulawski

Controversial Polish filmmaker, best known for writing and directing the masterpiece Possession (1981),
passed away after battling cancer. He was 75.

Posts: 2179 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
RIP Gaynes and Zulawski.

Lassard always makes me smile and George was great in Micki & Maude.

Zulawski´s Possession is one of the scariest and craziest movies i´ve ever seen so i have to thank Andrzej for that.
Perhaps La Femme Publique later this week...

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Actor Tony Burton, best known for playing the role of Duke in no less than 6 entries in the Rocky franchise,
passed away on february 25th at the age of 78.

Burton played lots of supporting roles throughout his career in movies such as Assault On Precinct 13, The Shining,
and Armed And Dangerous, as well as numerous TV series, including The A-Team, Airwolf, The Fall Guy, and Twin Peaks.

Reportedly Burton was offered to play the role of Duke once again in Creed (2015), but his failing health
prevented him from doing so.

Posts: 2179 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
RIP "Duke". A very memorable character in one of my favorite movies...
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35693198 - George Kennedy has sadly passed away aged 91,always liked him and thought he was a really great actor and someone I'd imagine to be a pretty down to earth and cool celebrity!

[ 29. February 2016, 16:51: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just had to love him as Captain Ed Hocken, in which he complimented Leslie Nielsen perfectly.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
RIP Burton and Kennedy. I remember Burton very well from Rocky films and Assault.
And who hasn´t heard of George Kennedy. He seemed to be in every other film back in the day.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sir George Martin, Beatles producer, dies aged 90.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Keith Emerson, one of the founding members of progressive rock group Emerson, Lake and Palmer, has died in what police are treating as a suspected suicide.

The keyboardist died at the age of 71 at his home in Santa Monica, Los Angeles on Thursday night, the band confirmed.

Sergeant Erika Aklufi said an investigation was looking in whether he died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Source

[Frown]

R.I.P.

Fanfare for The Common Man

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Magician Paul Daniels has died aged 77, after being diagnosed with a brain tumour.

He was at his Berkshire home with wife Debbie McGee when he died in the early hours of Thursday.

The Paul Daniels Magic Show Christmas 1984

-

Sylvia Anderson, best known as the voice of Lady Penelope in the TV show Thunderbirds, has died after a short illness, her family has confirmed.

Anderson co-created the hit science-fiction puppet series, which ran from 1965, with her late husband Gerry.

In a career spanning five decades, she also worked on shows Joe 90 and Captain Scarlet, and for US TV network HBO.

She died at her Berkshire home, aged 88.

R.I.P.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Emerson was a genius and i definitely remember Paul Daniels and his magic show they aired here.

More sad news: Larry Drake dies at 66.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/people-news/larry-drake-dead-la-law-1201733239/

I remember him best from Dark Man (1990) and Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981).

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Oh no! Not Dr Giggles,celebrities seem to be dropping like flies lately!

What is going on?

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garry Shandling (The Larry Sanders Show) dies at 66.
Posts: 4134 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home