iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Worst Superhero Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worst Superhero Movies
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many terrible superhero movies throughout almost 30 years and we can't forget some of them that we were excited for but instead turned into complete trash.

Bad Superhero Movies
Superman III (1983) - Christopher Reeve, Richard Pryor
Supergirl (1984) - Helen Slater, Faye Dunaway, Peter O'Toole
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987) - Christopher Reeve, Gene Hackman, Margot Kidder, Mariel Hemingway, Jon Cryer
Batman & Robin (1997) - George Clooney, Chris O'Donnell, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Uma Thurman, Alicia Silverstone
Spawn (1997) - Michael Jai White, John Leguizamo, Martin Sheen
Steel (1997) - Shaquille O'Neal, Annabeth Gish, Judd Nelson, Richard Roundtree
Hulk (2003) - Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly, Nick Nolte, Sam Elliott, Josh Lucas
Blade: Trinity (2004) - Wesley Snipes, Jessica Biel, Ryan Reynolds
Catwoman (2004) - Halle Berry, Benjamin Bratt, Sharon Stone
Elektra (2005) - Jennifer Garner
Fantastic Four (2005) - Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis, Chris Evans, Julian McMahon
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
Ghost Rider (2007) - Nicolas Cage, Eva Mendes, Wes Bentley, Sam Elliott, Peter Fonda
Punisher: War Zone (2008)
The Spirit (2008)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) - Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds
Jonah Hex (2010) - Josh Brolin, John Malkovich, Megan Fox
Green Lantern (2011) - Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Mark Strong, Angela Bassett, Tim Robbins

Any others you guys would to talk about or the ones that are mentioned?

[ 27. November 2011, 20:15: Message edited by: Leo Logan ]

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked a lot of those movies on your list Leo! Especially the Blade trilogy, X-Men: Last Stand both Fantastic Fours, Ghost Rider and even Green Lantern was watchable. As for Supergirl? Yes, it's very lame but its so spectacularly terrible that it traverses the arc of dross and comes full circle to become a good bad movie: A high camp classic with a tonne of unintentional laughs, I always end up getting drawn into it every time its on, mesmerised by the bad acting and absurd plot twists.

The Spirit is by far the worst superhero movie ever made, perhaps even one of the worst movies of all time. Makes Catwoman look like Citizen Kane!

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whilst I agree with many of your choices Leo I'm afraid placing Punisher: Warzone on your list makes it invalid. Whilst not the Punisher movie we have been waiting for it is closer to the source material than any Punisher movie we have seen before it.

I also thought the movies mentioned by Kash were watchable but disagree with the assessment of Supergirl. It truly was an awful film that could have been much much better.

Worst superhero film of all time? Gotta be Spawn for me...atrocious!

The Noms of Steel

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daredevil

iron man 2

watchmen

spider man trilogy

marvel hasnt made a decent movie besides the x-men

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with GP's list. I thought the spiderman movies were terrible! BUT as for Leo's list, I realy liked Green Lantern..can't say I've seen all of the ones mentioned though.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like the spiderman 67 show though, i dont know if it was intended to be funny, but it has alot of laugh out loud parts much like the adam west batman
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Batman (1989), Batman and Robin, Spawn, and Hulk (2003) were all ghastly.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
daredevil

iron man 2

watchmen

spider man trilogy

marvel hasnt made a decent movie besides the x-men

Sorry but I have to point this out.

Of your list only Iron Man 2 was made by Marvel and that includes X-Men. I think you'll find that other companies owned the rights and Marvel has only made Iron Man 1&2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Avengers all of which were pretty awesome (apart from IM 2 which was not and Avengers which I haven't seen yet but looks to be pretty amazing so far!). The only reason X-men First Class and The Amazing Spiderman were made was so that Fox wouldn't lose the rights back to Marvel.

Incredible Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i was saying that i havent seen a really good marvel character movie
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best movie with the worst superheroes has been Mystery Men.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's not forget the 2 previous Punisher attempts more or less failed as well, as did all 4 separate Captain America films (although I do find a strange small likeability factor with the 1990 version
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly can't even think of one good superhero movie. I think in embryo some of them could work but I don't think enough has been put into the scripts of most of those movies for them to be appealing. Just my opinion. Please don't crucify me.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The worst superhero movie, by far, even worse than "Supergirl" and "Superman IV," is "The Pumaman" (1980), a Spanish film with Donald Pleasence, of all people, slumming. I saw it (not the hilarious MST3K version) late one night on broadcast TV and thought that I'd hallucinated it. It is like a bunch of very slow eight-year-olds got a vintage 1970's Betamax camera, some clothing from a homeless shelter to use as costumes, and a few cardboard boxes to cut up to make sets. I was rubbing my eyes in disbelief because you can call it a "movie" only because it was done on film and actually projected in theatres. Otherwise, it's one of the worst pieces of crap that you'll ever see.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does it compare to Plan 9 From Outer Space?

[ 29. November 2011, 09:41: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i agree supergirl is terrible, i remember watching it in my youth and liking it, i watched it recently and thought, ah the follies of youth
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New bad superhero movie that just came out earlier this year: "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" with Nicolas Cage coming back.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Leo Logan:
New bad superhero movie that just came out earlier this year: "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" with Nicolas Cage coming back.

Agreed! Absolutely awful. Cannot believe I had actually been looking forward to it!

Noms Rider [Cool]

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a place in my heart for Supergirl. I was an obsessed 6 year old who wanted to BE her. In retrospect however....it is truely heinous.

I watched the second Hulk last night...with Liv Tyler....that was pretty lame.

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catwoman
Green Lantern
Captain America 1990
Batman and Robin
Elektra
Sky High
Steel
Fantastic Four
Barb Wire
The Spirit

.. I died a little.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
hancock, i cant stand will smith, maybe thats why i thought the movie was rubbish
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
We got a newbie here, it's the reboot of Fantastic Four (2015)! Has anybody checked it out yet?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leo Logan:
We got a newbie here, it's the reboot of Fantastic Four (2015)! Has anybody checked it out yet?

Uh Oh. That bad? [Frown] We were gonna go see it next week. My boy wants to see it. Even if its bad I'll still enjoy my expensive popcorn with jalapenos while watching

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Three new entries on this list that came out in 2016:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
Suicide Squad (2016)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home