iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Just a question, what are your favorite Led Zep songs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a question, what are your favorite Led Zep songs?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going through a serious Zep phase...

Any fans here? If so, what are your picks?

I don't even know where to start...

Over The Hills And Far Away
Traveling Riverside Blues
D'yer M'aker
Custard Pie
When The Leavee Breaks

Oh I could go on and on and on...

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stariway to Heaven
Black Dog
Ramble On
Whole Lotta Love
Heartbreaker
Going to California

There is just a few but I am a massive Zeppelin fan. One of the best bands ever.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The intro to "Heartbreaker" fires me up! And then at the end where it kinda stops & then re-starts with this faster, driving tempo. Yes, great song indeed!

I got my hands on a copy of Hammer of the Gods, the book, so I'm looking forward to delving into their history a bit. From what I've heard, they were pretty crazy & into a whole lotta shennanigans on the road! Love it!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Without a doubt Dazed and Confused and Black Dog for me, although i'm much more of a Who guy
myself.

Posts: 2179 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a big fan....my favs are:

Going to California
Tangerine

And many many more....great memories!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will just add that Led Zep 2 is my favourite album of theirs.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a huge Zeppelin fan...but I will admit that there are some great songs that I do still enjoy listening to from time to time.

Songs like:
-The Ocean (Still one of the most inventive guitar riffs I think I may have ever heard.)
-What is and what should never be
-Babe I'm gonna leave you
-Dazed & Confused
-The Battle of Evermore
-Black Dog
-Kashmir
-Since I've been loving you
-Immigrant Song
-Thank You

[ 26. November 2011, 10:01: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Over the Hills and Far Away
Living lovin Maid
Kashmir
And my favorite,

Fool in the Rain

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what can i do? / street corner girl
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stairway to Heaven
Black Dog

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking about Led Zeppelin,

it's worth mentioning their excellent self-titled double-dvd release which was released
some years ago.
It contains over 5 hours of restored concert footage from the late 60's to the late 70's.

Superb dvd release... trust me ! [Cool]

Posts: 2179 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting a bit sick of the spam on here lately...

Spamless Noms [Cool]

[ 25. May 2012, 05:55: Message edited by: All for Noms and Noms for all... ]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over The Hills and Far Away
Thank You
Whole Lotta Love
Tangerine
The Battle of Evermore
Immigrant Song
Ramble On
That's The Way

Awesome band.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by All for Noms and Noms for all...:
Getting a bit sick of the spam on here lately...

Spamless Noms:cool:

Only trying to point out the good stuff to those who are interested.. nothing more, nothing less !
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Johnny, there was spam after your post, I deleted it. There was no remark made towards you.

Sorry about the mix up.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Been dazed and confused for so long its not true
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

Johnny, there was spam after your post, I deleted it. There was no remark made towards you.

Sorry about the mix up.

We are DEVO

Oops, sorry about that.. my mistake ! [Smile]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just make sure it never happens again [Big Grin]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I'll try.

I already signed up for therapy. [Eek!]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Classic [Smile]
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man do I love Led Zepplin. I really don't know if I can name my favorite because it really depends on my mood. Here are some of my go to songs:

Dazed and Confused
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Going to California
Stairway (you kind of have to have it on the list)
Hey Hey What Can I Do

Man I could really add all their songs for the most part.

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home